You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suicide

Fowlers God

He was a proper sound lad too, not that there's a 'type' to suffer from mental ill health but he was the last person you'd expect it to be.

He was a good looking cunt and his bird was smoking hot, lovely kid and seemed to have it all.

He was a massive help to me when I was at a really dark place and he seemed to be combatting it when we met.

I guess when you're that ill you get even better at hiding it.

Poor bastard.

Jesus Col you've had some shit happen to you brother. All here if you need anything mate.

The number of suicides in men doesn't surprise me. People are under so much pressure and there's virtually no help out there at all.

I'm lucky to have a bird I love to bits and an amazing family and group of friends.

That's all I need mate.

• Upvote 2

One of my best mates dad committed suicide in 02, lovely bloke, lecturer of law at UWE, liked a line or two and a pint, massive stone roses fan top bloke. Sort of guy you'd want to be your dad.

I can't forget the time he was telling me how much he adored his kids and wife, but they didn't make him happy.

To be that ill must be fucking horrible.

• Upvote 1

One of my best mates dad committed suicide in 02, lovely bloke, lecturer of law at UWE, liked a line or two and a pint, massive stone roses fan top bloke. Sort of guy you'd want to be your dad.

I can't forget the time he was telling me how much he adored his kids and wife, but they didn't make him happy.

To be that ill must be fucking horrible.

The ex of one of my best friends, the athletics coach attached to my kids' school, killed himself right at the start of term. The kids absolutely loved him for his enthusiasm and commitment. My friend had called by and hadnt thought anything of it when he didnt reply. No-one had a clue. Just beyond words what it does to your mind

He's not to everyone's taste on here but he's done a good job with this...

Professor Green: Suicide and Me

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06mvx4j/professor-green-suicide-and-me

Watched this the other night; it really hits home. 

I'll be volunteering with Samaritans come December - sometimes all people need is someone to listen.

• Upvote 2

I rang the Samaritans once when i was at a really, really low ebb. I wasn't particularly thinking of suicide but i genuinely didnt know what to do and just wanted to talk to someone. As discussed in the depression thread i'd carried on behind my Mrs back and ended up getting the other girl pregnant, and the guilt and deception had built up to the point that i was genuinely ill and i couldn't see any way out. 

The woman i spoke to was about as much use as a chocolate fireguard in all honesty. Although in hindsight i imagine given the nature of my predicament that sympathy for an adulterer wasn't too high on her list of appropriate responses.

I rang the Samaritans once when i was at a really, really low ebb. I wasn't particularly thinking of suicide but i genuinely didnt know what to do and just wanted to talk to someone. As discussed in the depression thread i'd carried on behind my Mrs back and ended up getting the other girl pregnant, and the guilt and deception had built up to the point that i was genuinely ill and i couldn't see any way out. 

The woman i spoke to was about as much use as a chocolate fireguard in all honesty. Although in hindsight i imagine given the nature of my predicament that sympathy for an adulterer wasn't too high on her list of appropriate responses.

It wasnt for her to judge. I hope you managed to sort things out. And while I'm not recommending it, perversely, did her response jolt you into finding some kind of way out?

It wasnt for her to judge. I hope you managed to sort things out. And while I'm not recommending it, perversely, did her response jolt you into finding some kind of way out?

Not really, i just got to the stage where sooner or later i had to confront the Mrs and tell her. Which was comfortably up there with the worst experiences of my life.

Things have worked out as well as could be expected now, which i am eternally grateful for.