You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suicide

Fowlers God

You can get tablets for that

Throw on your best clothes Son this is top of the line money well spent you should be proud of yourself you made a good investment i give healthy returns my stock is up crazy you read me i pay you back with truth so amazing thats what they came to see swinging thru like an oylimpic gold medallist getting kicks from humanic uplifts knowledge being power prevent the people turning sour my clout stomps your face clears the pineal give you holy ghost visions shook up in a prism double slitting squits from a distance particles round the bog bowl like cern gully like fern or bertie aherne in a scouse perm howard stern buried in an ancient cairn faster than a speeding mullet bodies in duffel bags of those who oppose critics hit the mirror you thort this was the real quaid golden goose dennis tooth got slayed

Ginny pig arent u

Beta Blockers changed my life, I really couldn't give two sloppy farts what's in them because they completely freed me from years of misery, I had tried just about everything before I admitted defeat and went to the Doctor. That was more than 10 years ago and I've never been happier, fitter and more confident than I am now. I will take them for whatever remains of my life and I'm bloody thankful for it, if they knock a few years off my life then that's a trade I'm more than willing to have made. That said I'm quite confident they'll prolong it because they've also smashed my blood pressure. Top guinea pig me.

• Upvote 5

Beta Blockers changed my life, I really couldn't give two sloppy farts what's in them because they completely freed me from years of misery, I had tried just about everything before I admitted defeat and went to the Doctor. That was more than 10 years ago and I've never been happier, fitter and more confident than I am now. I will take them for whatever remains of my life and I'm bloody thankful for it, if they knock a few years off my life then that's a trade I'm more than willing to have made. That said I'm quite confident they'll prolong it because they've also smashed my blood pressure. Top guinea pig me.

Time will tell obviously you're confident in them if you are taking them I can list lobotomised people claiming it's cured them you don't need them

Time has told mate, massive win.

You took beta blockers for depression?

If so given you've just posted that you don't care what's in them as if some sort of brag and that they basically might kill you but you will keep taking them till your dead seems narcissistic suicidal behavior so they havnt worked?

In your case it's the first thing the doctor gave you after it sounds like you had given over authority of yourself in reluctant desperation. Which forms of therapy did you try? I'd guess none because there's little available. Lastly are you not interested in the cause? Treat the cause not the symptoms but doctor hasn't got time these as far as I'm aware are they even licenced to treat depression with them?

How'd we rule out placebo they're a shit band who can fool us all.

Didn't see that point being addressed just encouraging people to take pills which say clearly labelled and trialled increase your risk of suicide. Reckless

Which is why you dont get them over the counter and should be prescribed and followed up closely by your GP

In your case it's the first thing the doctor gave you after it sounds like you had given over authority of yourself in reluctant desperation. Which forms of therapy did you try? I'd guess none because there's little available. Lastly are you not interested in the cause? Treat the cause not the symptoms but doctor hasn't got time these as far as I'm aware are they even licenced to treat depression with them?

How'd we rule out placebo they're a shit band who can fool us all.

Dear me, I've never suffered depression in my life, I lived in a permanent state of heightened anxiety, it was pure misery. It was clearly caused by my bodies inability to cope with adrenalin, I suffered this utter misery for years, beta blockers knocked it on the head within 24 hours. This is bad how?

• Upvote 2

Dear me, I've never suffered depression in my life, I lived in a permanent state of heightened anxiety, it was pure misery. It was clearly caused by my bodies inability to cope with adrenalin, I suffered this utter misery for years, beta blockers knocked it on the head within 24 hours. This is bad how?

Because Dennis is a fucking moron

• Upvote 1

Fight or flight response unduly this is nowhere it's bad because you have to keep taking them rather than be able to treat without drugs people on heroine will say it gets them through their day, in any case your condition is not related to suicide as far as I can see from what you say.

Dennis mate you are either not reading my posts or you are not (in my case ) willing to admit defeat. I know my problem was fight or flight but I could not defeat it, I tried everything, education, diet, Yoga, exercise everything...... nothing worked........ nothing. Beta Blockers transformed my life, if (and I very much doubt) they shave a few years off my life then I repeat it was a deal that I massively got the better of, they have improved the quality of my life without measure, when it comes to my situation you are wrong mate.

• Upvote 2

Dennis mate you are either not reading my posts or you are not (in my case ) willing to admit defeat. I know my problem was fight or flight but I could not defeat it, I tried everything, education, diet, Yoga, exercise everything...... nothing worked........ nothing. Beta Blockers transformed my life, if (and I very much doubt) they shave a few years off my life then I repeat it was a deal that I massively got the better of, they have improved the quality of my life without measure, when it comes to my situation you are wrong mate.

My best freind was put on tprozac because he was working too hard no depression and went the doctors who decided try these a man who the last person id have thought would do that having known someone intensly well then they hang themselves a month before their 50th, hmm i wonder where erring of the side of caution lies since he told me similar when i queried why he was taking them, they were ace in his eyes.  

The issue being in the end you pay your taxes but theres no therapy available the support just isnt there brother. 

Again I was referring to depression suicide treatments I didnt bring in heart problems or anxiety or cerebal palsy and nor would they be relevant or constitute a defeat the least Im asking is just do your research i havent researched anxiety treatment trials to the extent to make claims upon it.

My friends young daughter was cremated today, it was family only for the service, so a few of us went to the bridge to say our goodbyes before going to the family home. I always knew it was a high bridge, it connects the mainland to the Island. Today I actually took the time to look over the side. There is something about people that have made that step that puts me in some kind of awe of how brave they are (were) I grew up hearing the mantra of suicide being a cowards way out, selfish ect, and having experienced poor mental health myself, I know it's anything but that. Today, seeing those steps she took, knowing the pain she must have been in to feel that was her only escape was to climb over the rails and fall. My heart aches. The ifs, buts, should've, could've's are coming thick and fast, I loved this kid, and I know I'd have continued to love the adult she would have become. 

Depression should never be allowed to reach that point, why is it our society still keeps it as a taboo subject, why is it we're still expected to never truly say how we feel, I dare say many of you who have been to seek professional help even played it down to the gp. Why? Why do we do that? Why is it we can't say, I feel like crap and I honestly don't know how I can go on another day? Surely if we can't do it as adults, we would expect our younger population to say it? 

It sucks.

• Upvote 10

My best freind was put on tprozac because he was working too hard no depression and went the doctors who decided try these a man who the last person id have thought would do that having known someone intensly well then they hang themselves a month before their 50th, hmm i wonder where erring of the side of caution lies since he told me similar when i queried why he was taking them, they were ace in his eyes.  

The issue being in the end you pay your taxes but theres no therapy available the support just isnt there brother. 

Again I was referring to depression suicide treatments I didnt bring in heart problems or anxiety or cerebal palsy and nor would they be relevant or constitute a defeat the least Im asking is just do your research i havent researched anxiety treatment trials to the extent to make claims upon it.

Fair enough

No words Sheri x

I've said that to myself all week.Well, pretty much. Sorry, it's that time of night, house is now spotless, kitchen bleached to the point I'm not sure it was a wise move on the granite and I still can't settle. World of woman thread continues to raise a much needed smile though! 

• Upvote 1