You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa on Football Focus

tea

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc

I hope by the time Kenny feels he has to hand it over it will be to an ex player. Someone like Carragher once he has cut his teeth with a lower league team. That would be what I wanted.

I don't see anything wrong with Rafa expressing his desire to manage us some time in the future.

He regrets leaving so bad it obviously eats away at him.

This much is obvious.

I can't blame him for talking about liverpool and can't blame him for wanting the job back.

He probably would've done a great job under the new owners, it's a shame because i don't think we can ever find out - this thread is a perfect example of how the fanbase is split over the subject.

Obviously everything that happened over the last 2 years of his tenure meant he had to leave and we needed to start afresh. Thank fuck we've got kenny at the helm to guide us through.

It's just my interpretation of what he's said. Will happily admit I could be misreading him.

Its not so much fans misreading Rafa as the press misrepresenting Rafa. You have to apply a filter to pretty much all his press, because remember: "Rafa's a decent guy who clearly wants the best for his old club and wishes Kenny all the best, and still has strong feelings for both the club and the area where he still lives" is not a story. "Rafa's a deluded crackpot who can't accept the fact Liverpool binned him" IS a story.

Every quote you read from Rafa is the answer to a jouno's question. As has been said, what the fuck do people expect him to say? The person who made the bitter, jilted lover comparison (Skidfingers I think) has hit the nail on the head.

Really? One is a book, about the man, and will have insight into his inner workings such as, he threw his hat int he ring, and didn't get it.

The other is an interview.

I meant in the same way that Rafas interview was undermining Kenny as manager (it isn't), what the King said in his book was undermining Hodgson as manager (which again, it isn't).

It's the same thing. Doesn't make a difference if it's in a book or an interview

Eh... We'll have to disagree there. I don't really care for black pudding.

Is it a fry up then? Questionable.

What are the minimum contents?

Indisputable

Beans

Sausage

Bacon

Egg

then we get in contentious territory...

Back Pudding

Mushrooms

Fried Bread

Hash Browns

Toast

Tomatoes

then there's the exotic...

gammon

truffle

potato waffles

Is it a fry up then? Questionable.

What are the minimum contents?

Indisputable

Beans

Sausage

Bacon

Egg

then we get in contentious territory...

Back Pudding

Mushrooms

Fried Bread

Hash Browns

Toast

Tomatoes

then there's the exotic...

gammon

truffle

potato waffles

I think it MUST have either mushrooms or tomatoes to be considered a fry up, truly. Both preferred, but at least one of them must be there. I'd say that goes for Toast/Fried bread as well. One must be present.

I'm hungry now, you cunting cunts. I'm off to get food.

Some of you lot have less substance and depth than a cardboard cutout. The usual suspects:

Fucking hell, a lot of people just don't get it. Watch Kenny and learn. Keep things in house, don't create headlines and show respect.

This.

He's embarrassing himself and our club.

Benitez has gone out of his way, since his departure, to say that Kenny is the right man for the job. You're making shit up, and then trying to pin the shit you made up on someone else.

Pathetic doesn't even cover it.

Ok, so someone has said he would like to manage Liverpool in the future, if the opportunity ever arose again.

Lets see....

Jamie Carragher exclusive: I want to be Liverpool's manager.. I just hope Fergie's still around to be knocked off his perch - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

--- official TLW letterhead ---

Dear Jamie Carragher,

You're bloody disgrace. Shut your fucking trap. You're making a mockery of this club. Show some respect.

Signed,

Brownie, Tom et al

The club and the fans are now pulling in the same direction and I am happy to keep it that way.

Which perhaps explains why you're sounding dimmer and dimmer. You must be going in the opposite direction.

Keep going.

Kenny wrote in his book that he really wanted the job when it was given to Hodgson. No difference to rafa saying it now imo

Let me preface by saying having watched the video of Rafa's comments I don't think he was actively trying to undermine Kenny at all. However, it is a different thing to imply Kenny would have made or has made similar comments.

Kenny put his hat in the ring last Summer when the Manager's job WAS vacant. It was in the press and a matter of public record. Later he talked about it in his book but everyone, including Roy already knew Dalglish had put his hand up.

It's completely different.

Rafa has not made these comments with the role vacant and is not talking about something he said in the public domain when it was.

It's a non-story though anyway.