You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who do you think is the answer to our striking woes?

WrongIslander

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuking take anybody at this stage, really cant believe we are going into the last day of the window yet again needing a striker its been like this since robbie left god only knows this time tomorrow he could be the man to..................................................................... replace himself:whoops:

its been like this since robbie left god only knows this time tomorrow he could be the man to..................................................................... replace himself:whoops:

The funny thing is I actually would wait until tomorrow morning and then fax over an undervalued, 'you know you don't want him there really' offer. You never know.

It was Rafa's management of him that didn't wash, not the team, the club, fans or the city.

Think about the back-up those players had though

Case McDermott Souness Kennedy

Houghton McMahon Whelan Barnes

Everyone can ponder all the strikers they want but until we become more creative in our play then we're still almost entirely dependent on Gerrard and Torres' ability to get a half chance out of nothing.

Goatboy's right here, but I think it will take time.

We need to have a bit of patience in Roy getting the midfield he wants on the pitch, and the team playing together. By all accounts he's been concentrating on the defensive structure in training so it will only really be once everyone's bedded in and we've got the structure down that we'll then start to see more expansive attacking play.

With Gerrard, Cole and Kuyt in behind Torres there are a few goals there, even Babel can put the ball away if he gets in enough positions. We need to get the team functioning well, then goals will come. We could use someone with a bit more pace and skill out wide though.

I really hope Torres doesn't see a minute of action during our europa and carling cup campaigns. I'm absolutely gutted we didn't see a backup striker being brought in and I think it's a major fuckup on Hodgsons part. Going into the summer it was obvious lb and backup striker was the major probelms that needed addressing. As it turns out with the resigning of Aurelio and the emergence of Kelly the one area that was the most important was the backup for Torres but we tried to take it to the wire to save a few million and it has backfired spectacularly.

Super Mario denied Reds move

Striker Mario Gomez claims Bayern Munich blocked a deadline-day loan move to Liverpool.

The Bundesliga champions were not keen to let the Germany international leave the Allianz Arena as boss Louis van Gaal admitted he still had a part to play for the team.

The 25-year-old has struggled to hold down a regular first-team spot with the German giants since joining at the start of last season with Ivica Olic, Miroslav Klose and Hamit Altintop vying for a place in the team.

However, Gomez admitted that he would have jumped at the chance of a temporary move to Anfield to reignite his career.

Gomez told the Bild newspaper: "I have said that if I leave Bayern I will go abroad.

"Then came this interesting offer from Liverpool. I took the loan offer seriously and discussed it with my family and girlfriend because I just want to play.

"But Bayern gave me the impression that they see a future for me. And therefore a change was not an issue anymore."

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Liverpool | Super Mario denied Reds move