You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Lurtz

On 03/06/2023 at 22:23, VladimirIlyich said:

But confronting somebody's family? A man who is a multi millionaire with trophies to his name acting like a 10 year old? I too think Taylor is shit but no way should that shit be going on. To be fair,Taylor is on a fraction of Mourinho's money too. To say you have no sympathy is totally wrong given the arena this was played out in,the car park.

The car park bit is no big issue as far as I'm concerned, that's part of the stadium. His family weren't there (or shouldn't have been anyway),  just a manager giving stick to a ref after a game. Happens quite often, shouldn't happen of course but Taylor and his team have the tools to deal with it. 

28 minutes ago, No2 said:

The car park bit is no big issue as far as I'm concerned, that's part of the stadium. His family weren't there (or shouldn't have been anyway),  just a manager giving stick to a ref after a game. Happens quite often, shouldn't happen of course but Taylor and his team have the tools to deal with it. 

Why shouldn't his family be there?

20 minutes ago, redinblack said:

Why shouldn't his family be there?

Because he was working and would've have been on the clock until they arrived back at their hotel at the very least, a debrief may even have happened at the hotel. After that he's free to meet his family. 

8 hours ago, No2 said:

Because he was working and would've have been on the clock until they arrived back at their hotel at the very least, a debrief may even have happened at the hotel. After that he's free to meet his family. 

His 'clock' ended at the final whistle. Well,the final penalty and trip back to the changing room. Taylor deserves nothing bad here and Mourinho's behaviour is inexcusable. And why the hell shouldn't his family be there,all players and most staff have their families in attendance? 

What's this fucking "salty" bullshit I keep seeing all over twatter?  Anyone who mentions the oil cheats and their 115 charges gets bombarded by dickhead citeh fans "ooooh you're a bit salty", "would you like some salt with your salt". The fuck is that all about? 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

What's this fucking "salty" bullshit I keep seeing all over twatter?  Anyone who mentions the oil cheats and their 115 charges gets bombarded by dickhead citeh fans "ooooh you're a bit salty", "would you like some salt with your salt". The fuck is that all about? 

Shitty internet way of saying you're bitter.  People go "salt mining" which is collecting comments of people who are bitter. 

Qatar look like they're about to buy United. I've had it with these oil kingdoms using English football as a competition to see which of them is the number 1 Gulf country. It's the same model they use with their airlines. Pump enormous amount of state/oil money into their national airline so they can show the world they're the best. Just like football, these fuckers have the brass neck to claim their income is entirely organic and no state funding is being used. 

If I didn't love this club I'd stop watching this farcical league and start following lower league football where there's still some purity of the game left.

On 11/06/2023 at 13:37, Redder Lurtz said:

Twitter, enough said. 

On 09/04/2023 at 09:45, Reckoner said:

Fair enough, it must be annoying for the owner but surely they could charge more reasonable prices than £5 a half! 
It’s sad that a lot of those people probably can’t afford to watch the match even in a pub, zero hours contracts, London prices, minimum wage. It’s a grim combo.

I remember as a kid I used to watch some matches through pub windows if I didn’t have money for a glass of coke. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2023/jun/19/thibaut-courtois-pulls-out-belgium-offended-captaincy

Earlier Tedesco insisted the Real Madrid goalkeeper had refused to travel for the match due to being “offended” at being overlooked for the captaincy against Austria on Saturday. Tedesco claimed Courtois told him after the Austria game that he was going home, and rejected rumours of a medical issue, telling a press conference: “I wish I could say it’s an injury, but I can’t lie.”

6 hours ago, Kevin D said:

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2023/jun/19/thibaut-courtois-pulls-out-belgium-offended-captaincy

Earlier Tedesco insisted the Real Madrid goalkeeper had refused to travel for the match due to being “offended” at being overlooked for the captaincy against Austria on Saturday. Tedesco claimed Courtois told him after the Austria game that he was going home, and rejected rumours of a medical issue, telling a press conference: “I wish I could say it’s an injury, but I can’t lie.”

Courtois is a proper gobshite. Went under my radar until the champions league final and his comments after they beat us, but ever since it’s non-stop whopperism of the highest order.

Has he always been a bell?