You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa will be sacked after world club champs

adidas samba

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I did, at least I don't remember it?

If I did then it's only because he undoubtedly is and had probably fucking embarrassed himself and us again.

he is a cunt. A selfish, arrogant fucking cunt.

Deal with it and get on with your life.

Genuine now , why the strong feelings towards him ?

Was it his contract malarky or what ?

Genuinely interested to understand your ferocity towards him.

Genuine now , why the strong feelings towards him ?

Was it his contract malarky or what ?

Genuinely interested to understand your ferocity towards him.

As am I Tom. It's as if he's personally offended you in some way. Fair enough if you didn't like the way he managed here (at the risk of repeating myself, there WAS an awful lot he did wrong), but you seem to go above and beyond, and clearly relish the fact things have taken a turn for the worse.

General poser for the forum: Is Rafa the new Louis Van Gaal? Major success early on with a club of fairly limited means (Ajax vs Valencia), followed by some success with a club of more financial clout, but riven by a split boardroom (Barcelona vs Liverpool). A reputation for single-mindedness and aloofness dividing the fanbase and providing a voracious media the ammunition to go on an all-out attack. Being sacked and going for a change of scene which doesn't work out (Netherlands vs Inter), only slowly coming back to his former pre-eminence, starting to win trophies once again (AZ Alkmaar vs ?)

A manager doesn't need to be the players best friend and i have to be honest i hate this 'arm around the shoulder' style of management that we keep hearing about.

Mourinho is regarded as one of the best managers in the world but he is very single minded and only cares about winning and will break any rules to do so.

More often then not his players love him because they know he is a winner.

If you were not in the starting eleven or injured under Shankly he didn't want to know you yet you never hear a bad word said about the guy because again he was a winner and would stop at nothing to win.

We currently have a manager who is deemed to be an 'arm around the shoulder' type of manager' yet he is failing massively because he is out of his depth.

It seems a few high profile players wanted Rafa out, possibly because of his style and they got what they wanted in good old Uncle Roy in that they had an English manager with the 'up and at em' tactical approach on the sidelines.

Maybe some of the players should look at themselves and wonder if they really do know much about football as they think.

Great post,but some players need that arm around the shoulder to bring the best out of them.Shanks was well known for ignoring injured yes,but he was also known for hyping his players up to,if they needed it.

A manager really needs to be able to do both imo,to make it to the top.

Tom R, did rafa once shit on your brand new pair of shoes or something? Why the hostility mate? I just can't get my head round it myself. Sure he failed to win us the league, but so had the other managers we had over the last 20 years. So why so abusive towards him? I dont understand it.

Unfortunately half the fanbase still post, tweet, talk about him every single fucking day.

I would say its more the half mate.

Perhaps its because the large majority of em didn't want him to go despite his failings and basically they just miss him being our manager.

Guest TesticleOReilly
i was on Twitter last night and some sad barstard tweeted J W Henry and asked him to make all Liverpool fans happy an reinstate him as manager.

I felt compelled to point out that he only spoke for me

There y'go. Did you, by the way, also tweet JWH?

You're a breath of fresh-air in this thread. It's about time that someone gave that porky Spanish piece of shit a dose of reality.

I bet someone comes in and Inter walk the league again, and do so for the next 5 years without spending a penny. I agree with you, oh god I agree with you. I can't wait to see what happens to them, then me and you can gloat and rejoice in our pinpoint accurate footballing critique.

I haven't got any professional footballing experience, but I'm sure you have, so that'll make up for my lack of judgement on the issue.

Ferguson makes Benitez look like a muppet.

Ferguson trophies:

Premiership

FA Cup

League Cup

Champions League

Charity Shield

Cup Winners Cup

Super Cup

Intercontinental Cup

Club World Cup

Benitez trophies:

La Liga

UEFA Cup

Champions League

FA Cup

Charity Shield

Super Cup

Copa Italiana

Club World Cup

Fat cunt, Houllier won most of that, and Mourinho and Ranieri. Thieving fatty bastard.

Wow, you have issues.

Says the person who brought Miley Cyrus into the argument.

Yeah, ,they pressed on with that bad atmosphere. Arbeloa pressed on for 30 more minutes of his Liverpool career with that bad tit, and Alonso pressed on for another league game before going on holiday and moving to Madrid.

And sometimes the person you despise is sucking the CEO's cock and has tabloid hacks on speed dial.

Fuck Carragher, if he wants to bawl out world class players and spread shit about his manager then he can crawl back into a blue jersey and do it across the park. Grow up, we're trying to run a professional football club here, this isn't just the Scouse Preservation Society. At least it shouldn't be, if we want to start winning things again.

It was inevitable, this one.....

it must be Carragher's fault that Alonso left. Can't you all see it? CAN'T YOU SEE WHAT"s GOING ON UNDER YOUR NOSES?

You're not doing your cabal any favours here. Have you tried mumsnet?

Rafa about to be sacked they are saying?

The new guy will then have a squad coming back from injury and able to push on. Will look bad on Rafa and good in the new guy but such is life. Shame, as I'd like to see Rafa given the chance, but hope he now takes a good long break for at the very least the rest of the season, if not a season and a hal.f

Rafa sacked, Capello to Inter, Roy to England would be grand

not sure what I'd think about Rafa coming back, last summer was the time to go despite him doing a good job overall but a lots changed since then regarding ownership and finance but overall I think its best left in the past

just heard he is favourite to be next LFC manager but I imagine its just a bunch of whoppers placing bets based on him leaving Inter

Why is he talking to Radio City?

Because he loves us soooooooooooo much*!

*So much that he spent the last 6 months of his time with us trying to do a deal with Juve and talking to Inter, that is... whilst under contract of course...

Even if he were available, and even if he sacked his disruptive, poisonous agent (Quilon) and the venomous hangers-on like Owen Brown, he's simply not the right man for owners who are concerned about value for money and stability: rafa is many many things, but he's emphatically not a squad builder simply because his methods rely on constant transfer dealings, 5 players in and 5 players out every year, keeping things fresh. It's a short-term approach which can bring success when he gets it right, but it means you never build a squad and also means you have to take a big financial hit for it to work, especially by offloading unwanted players every year. He'd be ideal for a team like Manchester City, but not for a team looking long-term.

Rafa sacked, Capello to Inter, Roy to England would be grand

not sure what I'd think about Rafa coming back, last summer was the time to go despite him doing a good job overall but a lots changed since then regarding ownership and finance but overall I think its best left in the past

just heard he is favourite to be next LFC manager but I imagine its just a bunch of whoppers placing bets based on him leaving Inter

RAWK going nuts with tweets ffs.

*So much that he spent the last 6 months of his time with us trying to do a deal with Juve and talking to Inter, that is... whilst under contract of course...

Well, if the boyhood Liverpool fan hands in transfer requests and whores himself out to Chelsea just for a pay rise, then why do you expect anyone else to show us any loyalty?

Even if he were available, and even if he sacked his disruptive, poisonous agent (Quilon) and the venomous hangers-on like Owen Brown, he's simply not the right man for owners who are concerned about value for money and stability: rafa is many many things, but he's emphatically not a squad builder simply because his methods rely on constant transfer dealings, 5 players in and 5 players out every year, keeping things fresh. It's a short-term approach which can bring success when he gets it right, but it means you never build a squad and also means you have to take a big financial hit for it to work, especially by offloading unwanted players every year. He'd be ideal for a team like Manchester City, but not for a team looking long-term.

I agree with you there RF but funny thing is if you look at the top part of the table. Tottenham and Man City have spent alot of money and will have to sell and take big hits on alot of their players somewhere along the way.

Fergiscum has spent lots but has always had a good core squad to add to. I think on the whole he is a team builder but hes spent plenty along the way. And hes had a few high profile flops in his time too.

The only person in the league I think whos a proper team builder and hasn't had to splash the cash is Wenger.

Basically my point is alot of managers rely on being able to bring in new faces every year. I think whatever new manager we get when Roy goes, we will see a high turnover of players at least for the first year or two. Thing is he needs to have a better success rate than Rafa and secondly it would ideally need to stop after 3 years at most. You would hope after 3 years if backed properly a manager would have built his squad to a good degree and cut out constantly buying in bulk.