You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emergency Ward 10 - The Injuries Thread

an tha

45 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

Nobody in our front 5 is impossible to replace other than Salah. He proved what a fucking machine he is yet again on Saturday. Sunday for example I'm more than happy to go into it with Salah Diaz Gakpo. 

We've just had a run of fixtures without Salah and been fine.

We struggle more when Nunez is missing.

8 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

We've just had a run of fixtures without Salah and been fine.

We struggle more when Nunez is missing.

If you dislike Salah, based on the time he just missed, you could make a phenomenal argument that he's way less important than he seems. 3 goals per game without him.

The correct take is still that he should be sold this upcoming summer.

2 hours ago, Megadrive Man said:

Journalist Dominic King has shared projected injury timelines for three Liverpool players ahead of this week’s fixtures against Luton and Chelsea.

King said: “I believe Jota is going to be out for two months, which could be huge. Nunez a couple of weeks, Jones maybe a week. That’s what I’m led to be the case.”

IMG_20240219_183641_757.jpg

Jota out for 'months'

We are in some bother...

Klopp on injuries:

"Not great, would like to say no issues but we have some. Not available: Alisson, muscle injury, not sure how long; Diogo, a knee issue, ruled out; Curtis, bone/ligament issue, ruled out; others - we think we will deal with it day by day. Muscle issues, we will see. If you see the lineup early enough you will see who did and who didn't make it. That's it. Trent, Szoboszlai are on their way back not in team training yet, so not available yet. That is the situation. What I said after the game if we have 11 we will go for it and that is the idea."

3 minutes ago, Mathewbet1 said:

Jota out for 1 month ish so not as bad as first thought? 

That's not what he said?

Klopp said: "With Diogo it will take months (not weeks). I couldn't say a timeframe even if I wanted to. That is just how it is. When you don't have these players it makes no sense (to guess)."

2 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

He didn't answer the question about Nunez either. 

"Others - we think we will deal with it day by day"

Reckon he falls into that....looks to me as if there is just so many that Klopp is a touch overwhelmed with it and it is all still very much up in the air with players....

Just now, Carra_is_legend said:

Yep, biggest miss of the lot. He is going to be a monumental miss. 

20 days before the City game. We gotta pray he'll be back for that. But "for the foreseeable" doesn't sound hopeful.