You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emergency Ward 10 - The Injuries Thread

an tha

I often find that the latest injury news gets buried in the match threads or in threads about individual players....So I thought a thread dedicated to the latest situation on our players with injuries might be a decent idea.

Hopefully the forum server has enough bandwidth to cope....

So as it stands....

Luis Diaz:

Knee Injury

Oct 11: 'Six to eight weeks, we will see. He looks like a quick healer, but we will see. Could have been worse.'

Potential Return

26/12/2022

Joel Matip:

Calf/Shin/Heel Injury

Further Detail

Oct 21: 'Everything is going well, but he needs a bit of time. I think with him, it will be tight until the World Cup break; hopefully, in the last two or three games, he might be in contention, but I don't know yet.'

Potential Return

06/11/2022

Naby Keita:

Thigh Injury

Further Detail

Oct 21: 'He was only involved in parts [of training] but will be from Monday on [he will be] involved in full training after the Forest game. But Naby especially needs time.'

Potential Return

06/11/2022

Ibrahima Konate:

Other

Further Detail

Oct 18: 'He will be, in the end, out maybe for ten days until he can start training again. So, tomorrow it's a week and then maybe Saturday, he is back in team training.'

Potential Return

26/10/2022

Darwin Nunez:

Thigh Injury

Further Detail

Oct 21: 'He is one of the cases where we need to have a look because he was not injured, but he felt something, and I don't know if he feels that still today and what the medical department tells me then, we have to see.'

Potential Return

22/10/2022

Arthur Melo:

Thigh Injury

Further Detail

Oct 14: 'Last week was not the best for me. Sadly, as you know, an unfortunate injury to my left thigh will keep me out of action for a while.'

Potential Return

No Return Date

Diogo Jota:

Calf/Shin/Heel Injury

Further Detail

Oct 18: 'He will miss the World Cup. [It's a] pretty serious injury in the calf muscle, and now the recovery process starts. We can say that because he will not be in for a long time; we talk about months.'

Potential Return

No Return Date

• Upvote 1

There needs to be a proper review of the medical issues during the break. 

I get we have a lot of players that arrived injury prone or have become so due to number of games/age but now Nunez!

How can we expect any fluidity having to change every week. The constant mantra seems to be "we just need to get through this bit'.

Thank god for Jürgen,  imagine this approach with an average manager. For a club that supposedly needs to think smarter than the rest, what the hell are they doing? 

1 minute ago, HBenn said:

There needs to be a proper review of the medical issues during the break. 

I get we have a lot of players that arrived injury prone or have become so due to number of games/age but now Nunez!

How can we expect any fluidity having to change every week. The constant mantra seems to be "we just need to get through this bit'.

Thank god for Jürgen,  imagine this approach with an average manager. For a club that supposedly needs to think smarter than the rest, what the hell are they doing? 

I suspect Klopp's approach to Football is part of the reason we have so many injuries.

14 minutes ago, Mook said:

I suspect Klopp's approach to Football is part of the reason we have so many injuries.

Yeah, possibly, but he has been here 7 years, his style has worked brilliantly and a casual observance of Dortmund and Mainz show it can cause problems if replacements are not brought in. 

The answer to getting your team to 63 games in a season shouldn't be getting the blame for poor performance the following season.

5 hours ago, an tha said:

To the surprise of absolutely nobody Nunez's 'non injury' sees him deemed not fit to be involved today.

3 of 5 forwards out.

Just unbelievable....really is.

We got Jota back, got 5 forwards fit (no counting carvalho) and then went 4 up front and that extra pressure seems to have been enough to make them all start breaking down

Tune in next week, folks, when VVD will be out with a stomach bug, Oxlade will have no doubt picked up a knock from today, someone else will have picked up an injury in training, Salah will have been said to have been OK/fine all week but then 'just miss out' and a player that's due back in the squad will have had a 'setback'......

9 hours ago, Daisy said:

This season stinks of the covid one again. Who'd have thought going into a season with a severely thin squad would harm you 

All the silverware coming next season then lads. Just in time for all the thousands more who’ll enjoy the new Annie Rd.

We really do seem to like giving extended deals to players that just stay fit. The Henderson deal looks worse every month. How many hundreds of thousands to we squander on players who regularly miss games. We could have dumped Keita,Ox for minimal fees, let Bobby go and fully funded a 2 year extension for Mane before he obviously got the arse for being ignored while the tried to get Salah sorted. 

Ox,Keita the worst, followed by Thiago as great as he is. But Hendo,Jota,Matip,Gomez, miss far to many games. Origi was generally ignored while earning a good wage

If your paying a player 150k+ a week they need to be fit. The one player we made obvious to he was only a second option to Salah was one of a few players that was fit most weeks. 

There's also a stinking attitude running through the squad. Too many players don't get stuck in, shit out of 50/50 and just stroll round like there shit doesn't stink.