You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emergency Ward 10 - The Injuries Thread

an tha

On the quiet, Alisson is injury prone for a goalkeeper. I don't think there has been any season in which he hasn't missed games to injury or illness. Even the season we won the league, we got stuck with Adrian for the first 5 or 6 games because Alisson was injured.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

On the quiet, Alisson is injury prone for a goalkeeper. I don't think there has been any season in which he hasn't missed games to injury or illness. Even the season we won the league, we got stuck with Adrian for the first 5 or 6 games because Alisson was injured.

He is of course fucking brilliant - but I have never known a keeper get injured as often as he does.

Another fucking muscle injury in squad as well - just seems almost endless.

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

He is of course fucking brilliant - but I have never known a keeper get injuted as often as he does.

Another fucking muscle injury in squad as well - just seems almost endless.

Spot on. This is the 4th PL game he would be missing this season already.

Don't know whether he is practising overhead kicks or volleys in training, the number of muscular injuries he often picks up.

17 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

We did get stuck with Adrian for those games but to be honest I don’t think he let us down.

4 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

Spot on. This is the 4th PL game he would miss this season. 

He of course wouldn't be playing next weekend at wembley anyway - but we have tomorrow and weds before that.

Just over 3 wks until we face abu dhabi - be some blow if he isn't fit for that, although typical of way things seem to go for us.

35 minutes ago, an tha said:

He of course wouldn't be playing next weekend at wembley anyway - but we have tomorrow and weds before that.

Just over 3 wks until we face abu dhabi - be some blow if he isn't fit for that, although typical of way things seem to go for us.

No need for him to play against Luton either really. If there is one player you can do without this week when it's confirmed Kelleher plays the final it's Ali. Would I prefer Ali tomorrow and Luton? Yes. Would I lose sleep over it? No. 

I think losing Ali tomorrow is a pretty big blow. He's a far bigger physical presence than Kweve, and against these, that would have been useful. 

Kweve looks like a boy in terms of build. Rhat said, it will allow him to build rhythm for the two cup games.

1 minute ago, Freddo said:

I think losing Ali tomorrow is a pretty big blow. He's a far bigger physical presence than Kweve, and against these, that would have been useful. 

Kweve looks like a boy in terms of build. Rhat said, it will allow him to build rhythm for the two cup games.

Fully understand what you say but we are going to have roughly 70% of the ball. If we don't get 3pts tomorrow it's probably going to be on the forwards 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Smell The Glove said:

Fully understand what you say but we are going to have roughly 70% of the ball. If we don't get 3pts tomorrow it's probably going to be on the forwards 

Quite possibly. The 3 all game I remember battering them and not taking our chances 

28 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

No need for him to play against Luton either really. If there is one player you can do without this week when it's confirmed Kelleher plays the final it's Ali. Would I prefer Ali tomorrow and Luton? Yes. Would I lose sleep over it? No. 

Luton and Brentford are both great set piece teams. They don't care you have 70% of the ball, they're used to that. Their game plan is to punish you in small moments and I would say Ali is crucial in those types of games. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Luton and Brentford are both great set piece teams. They don't care you have 70% of the ball, they're used to that. Their game plan is to punish you in small moments and I would say Ali is crucial in those types of games. 

I don't disagree with that. I said I would prefer Ali. But if you have 70% of the ball and don't win its more than likely your forwards didn't produce.

4 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

I don't disagree with that. I said I would prefer Ali. But if you have 70% of the ball and don't win its more than likely your forwards didn't produce.

I don't think I see the game like that at all. 70% of the ball doesn't often translate to 70% of the best chances when you play a well organised team. There's a reason at their place these fellas have scored 6 goals in 2 matches against us since they came up. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't think I see the game like that at all. 70% of the ball doesn't often translate to 70% of the best chances when you play a well organised team. There's a reason at their place these fellas have scored 6 goals in 2 matches against us since they came up. 

We'll have to disagree then. My opinion is if you have around 70% of the ball and don't win that's on you. I understand we've seen it lots of times where teams smash and grab but my rough guess would be that's 30% of the time, at best.