You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Howard Webb

Vincent Vega

Rubbish tonight, not the reason we didn't win of course, but still piss poor. He allowed too many of their niggly fouls in the first half go without proper punishment (Neville barging into the backs of both Gerrard and Kuyt without getting a card). And Jagielka on Torres twice should have resulted in penalties.

The ' best referee ' tag seems to have gone to his head & he has gone ' big time Charlie' and lost the respect of players that took him to the top.

I'm sure his assessors love him because he is brilliant at all the signals & he often reminds me of the annoying prick who appears at the bottom of Sunday morning TV programmes to help the deaf.

Assessors don't seem that bothered about getting decisions right , but how you put your incorrect decisions across & the patterns you run across the pitch.

Guest The Big Green Bastard

Didnt see too well, but i remember there was a drop-ball scenario in the first 15 minutes and i wasnt sure the ball touched the ground. If he fucked that up then he shouldn't referee again if he dont know his basic rules.

Fuck off. He didn't ref particularly badly tonight, except for perhaps the penalty shout. He's not such a bad referee. Scapegoat, thats all I'm saying.

That's the second scapegoat post from you and I've only been into 2 threads!! Get real, Webb is a good referee but IMO he had a poor game last night maybe it's the pressure of being the prems only "go to" ref for the big possibly contreversial games. In previous seasons we've had a couple of refs capable of doing these type of games. BTW he is not the reason we dropped 2 points tho'.

I thought he was pretty poor last night. he got taken in by too much and was picking up on silly little things. How he decided that wasn't a penalty, I'll never know. Not the reason for the draw mind, but he was not good last night.

That's how I saw it. I was pleased when he got the game but he didn't control it at all well - he got the only big decision wrong (the Anichibe dive and the first Torres "pen" were never going to be given) and had no consistency on the niggly fouls.

Personally I think refs come into these games thinking "how can I get away from here tonight with my reputation in tact". They don't want to start throwing round yellow cards, as they know that will end up in reds and when it does that's what makes the headlines the following day. All the rest of the country is talking about now is how we're bottling it just as ferguson suggested and Webb hasn't registered on the radar of anyone other than Liverpool fans.