You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2017 transfer window

Captain

Are Fsg too tight-pursed or Klopp doesn't just believe that his kind of player is not available this window?

It could be a combination of both but I think it's more the latter. Klopp has shown even in his one year with us that he is not in the market for any player as a stop-gap measure. He has got to get his specific type of player (whatever that is) in order to be interested, young age being one huge factor. That's why the likes of Payet, albeit a good player, won't be in Klopp's reckoning. The Klopp-types, the likes of Daoud, Perlisic, Promes etc..., the young, fast and exciting footballers... are simply not in the market at the moment. But if they were and Klopp declared interest, I doubt Fsg would let him down.  

Are Fsg too tight-pursed or Klopp doesn't just believe that his kind of player is not available this window?

It could be a combination of both but I think it's more the latter. Klopp has shown even in his one year with us that he is not in the market for any player as a stop-gap measure. He has got to get his specific type of player (whatever that is) in order to be interested, young age being one huge factor. That's why the likes of Payet, albeit a good player, won't be in Klopp's reckoning. The Klopp-types, the likes of Daoud, Perlisic, Promes etc..., the young, fast and exciting footballers... are simply not in the market at the moment. But if they were and Klopp declared interest, I doubt Fsg would let him down.

Promes and Dahoud are available. One has a buy out clause the other a contract running out. Not,sure however we are interested in Promes.

Are Fsg too tight-pursed or Klopp doesn't just believe that his kind of player is not available this window?

It could be a combination of both but I think it's more the latter. Klopp has shown even in his one year with us that he is not in the market for any player as a stop-gap measure. He has got to get his specific type of player (whatever that is) in order to be interested, young age being one huge factor. That's why the likes of Payet, albeit a good player, won't be in Klopp's reckoning. The Klopp-types, the likes of Daoud, Perlisic, Promes etc..., the young, fast and exciting footballers... are simply not in the market at the moment. But if they were and Klopp declared interest, I doubt Fsg would let him down.

Whatever the definition of stop gap, Caulker and Klavan weren't signed for the long term. So Klopp is willing to make short term signings if necessary. He has also complained about a lack of squad depth recently. If it doesn't happen one way or another this month I've no doubt FSG will have played their part, significantly.

Quincy Promes is signing according to the BBC Sport gossip page and Klopp has made a personal call to Nottingham Forest - via Chief Scout Barry Hunter - regarding 17 years old striker Ben Brereton.

So Klopp didn't call them, Barry Hunter did.

I personally nobbed Hayden Panettiere.

(Via Wladimir Klitschko.)

The owners are lucky they have a charismatic and brilliant manager and people will in the main lay off the owners because they believe in Klopp being able to work miracles with with what he has - that will carry them through another summer...the backlash will come when they don't back him again and we go into next season with a threadbare squad again (possibly with europe to handle) and we yet again fail to build.......

At that point people will start to question why Klopp hasn't been backed and players brought in

It's the exact opposite, they're unlucky (in some respects) that they have a manager the supporters, rightly, love, because any decision made by the manager that people want to criticise will be blamed on them. As we've seen throughout this thread.

It's a little early to say we are about to disintegrate. The first team has had 2 poor performances in a row, since the City win and we have struggled a bit with injuries. Let's see what the reaction is.

Its not like we played that well against City either. We have only really looked comfortable against Stoke and Boro since the Southampton league game. We have been winning some but unless we start looking good going forward again we could end up fighting for a top 4 spot.

Its not like we have had some major injury issue that others dont either

• Upvote 1

Baffling that people thought we had any chance of Pulisic. A fantastic young player at one of the biggest and best run clubs in Europe who are still in the Champions' League.

Dahoud would have appeared a more realistic target (I appreciate that they play in different positions) given his club and lack of game time earlier in the season. All gone depressingly quiet there too though.

Coutinho will be licking his lips at CL football next year surrounded by quality new signings.

Say hello to Luis from the gang at TLW.

FSG will no doubt be a great bunch of lads for reinvesting his fee, whilst the biggest tv deal in history sinks into a black hole