You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2017 transfer window

Captain

We also signed Benteke on 140k a week.

I know we did, but there has definitely been a change in approach after Balotelli/Benteke.

Either way, I don't really care for blame, whether the owners or the klopp are the ones being fucking retarded i'll never know.

But as a collective, the club is being fucking retarded if we do not strengthen when it is obvious we need to. Hell, we needed to as soon as the Summer window closed; had Mane/Coutinho got injured in the first few weeks of the season, we'd be barely clawing at 4th IMO.

I know we did, but there has definitely been a change in approach after Balotelli/Benteke.

Either way, I don't really care for blame, whether the owners or the klopp are the ones being fucking retarded i'll never know.

But as a collective, the club is being fucking retarded if we do not strengthen when it is obvious we need to. Hell, we needed to as soon as the Summer window closed; had Mane/Coutinho got injured in the first few weeks of the season, we'd be barely clawing at 4th IMO.

Has there?

People weren banging the wages bullshit long before then.

Has there?

People weren banging the wages bullshit long before then.

Its not bullshit though is it? I dont want us to pay big wages for the sake of it but the reality is, money is the only thing that talks in football. Well, money and Brendan Rodgers - both talk a hell of a lot.

Do you think we need to strengthen our team? 

Never mind all this transfer nonsense, I'm looking forward to the letter of explanation off Uncle Tom Werner or the interview from Ian Ayre. That's my favourite bit of the season.

Its a long time since they bothered with the sweet talk, these days we be lucky for some lube.
  • Upvote 2

Its not like we played that well against City either. We have only really looked comfortable against Stoke and Boro since the Southampton league game. We have been winning some but unless we start looking good going forward again we could end up fighting for a top 4 spot.

Its not like we have had some major injury issue that others dont either

Yeah, we've only been missing our best forward, defender and midfielder...

If no signings are coming, what are the chances for a loan deal or two? Surely there are good players who could help us but they are currently not getting a look in at some of the more monied, and overstocked, clubs on the continent?

I could just about accept Klopp won't buy because he is waiting for the one/s he wants, but a good loan or two would help me accept that. We are close, but just as likely to finish outside the top four as champions, chiefly due to a lack of numbers. I'm normally chilled about everything, but no signings this month, not even a loan deal or two, would give me cause for concern.

Its not bullshit though is it? I dont want us to pay big wages for the sake of it but the reality is, money is the only thing that talks in football. Well, money and Brendan Rodgers - both talk a hell of a lot.

Do you think we need to strengthen our team?

We'll never not need to strengthen the team, but needing to strengthen and buying just because are different things.

Klopp has spoken enough on his ideas of team building and buying players for us to be able to form a decent understanding of how he wants to go about it without the simplistic we need x so we should buy.