You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

After a 25 year wait.

ratcatcher

I dont think they are apart from a couple of sentences. But people can make their own judgement.

It seems people would rather have god knows how many threads and polls on rodgers, sterling and the rest.

Neither do I think the article is saying we're in terminal decline. Its saying can we expect to compete for the holy grail especially as UEFA look to relax FFP while the owners appear to have a committment to supporting its principles.

The theme of the threads is the same.  Man Utd are the here and now whereas Liverpool are yesterday's news.

Personally I'd rather read about Rodgers than dwell on not winning the title for 25 years but each to their own.  

The theme of the threads is the same.  Man Utd are the here and now whereas Liverpool are yesterday's news.

Personally I'd rather read about Rodgers than dwell on not winning the title for 25 years but each to their own.  

Come on. Chelsea have just won the title. City arsenal and spurs finished above us yet united are the here and now?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Come on. Chelsea have just won the title. City arsenal and spurs finished above us yet united are the here and now?

Yes, the general theme of both articles is that Liverpool are fucked whereas "United", as you call them, are not.  Do you see the parallel between the threads you've started?  Is it just coincidence, or one of your favourite topics?

• Upvote 1

Yes, the general theme of both articles is that Liverpool are fucked whereas "United", as you call them, are not.  Do you see the parallel between the threads you've started?  Is it just coincidence, or one of your favourite topics?

Haha. You suggesting Im a manc? Kinell.

In 1980, when Liverpool were two European Cups into their run of four in seven years, the author James McClure spent a year embedded with Merseyside police. He described the inner-city area of Liverpool as “one of the most wretched in Western Europe, just as it was more than a century ago” in his book Spike Island about the challenges facing the city’s police force. Liverpool’s infant mortality rate in 1977 was at the average level of 1930, “its general living standards were judged to be those of the 1940s” and the city had Europe’s worst teenage unemployment problem.

All that and Liverpool produced arguably the greatest club team that Britain has ever known.

Filler it may be Stringy, but it made me feel nostalgic.  But actually, that might be a crime now, so I'd best shut up.

Don't get me wrong, I think 1977 was the greatest year in our history, and I was lucky - as a schoolboy - to experience us picking up the league title, going to Wembley (sob), a first trip to Rome, and watching our finest ever victory.  And going to Eric's at least once a week to watch fantastic bands for tuppence hapenny

• Upvote 1

I love how that little ratcatcher has gone from defending Rodgers by calling others ignorant to just stop defending him.

Glad you've got some 'love' in your life because you sound like apart from that, you've fuck all really.

Oh and not to mention gross inaccuracies. And clueless.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Where is the optimism about us not being in decline coming from?

It seems clear in the current climate that players will go to where the mega wages are and where they have a chance of winning things, neither of which really applies to us.

We don't have the lure of London (which is a factor for some players).

We don't have a massive ground to give us parity with the mancs or Arsenal.

We don't have a renowned manager that players might come and play for.

We don't have a smooth efficient management and transfer structure.

What we do have is the name, but that means increasingly less and less to anyone born after 1990.

We still have a massive worldwide fanbase, but without success on the field or an iconic player that is likely to fade. Whether you like it or not that worlwide fanbase is crucial from the economic perspective.

LFCTV keeps rerunning repeats of Istanbul and highlights of Gerrard. Beginning to resemble the History channel.

So seriously, where is the optimism coming from? I need something to cheer me up.

• Upvote 1

No, I'm just keen to learn about why you enjoy starting threads contrasting Man Utd with Liverpool.  

Because the threads arent contrasting them with us. Obviously.

And the two different threads are for example different from the 4 or 5 on whether rodgers should be sacked.

You dont have to read these threads which is the reason Im trying to jibb the endless rodgers out crap.

Anyway, Id love to debate some more with yer but Im up at 5am to drive to fucking chester.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

No, you haven't.

Feel free to link up your loudness.

* whispers *  Yes I have.  

If you're talking about Benitez, I haven't said much, because I don't find there's much I want to say, except to tell people to take their fawning over to the thread allocated for such bumfoolery.  

I HOPE HE GETS THE RM JOB AND I HOPE HE IS A HUGE SUCCESS!  There!  That loud enough?  

RM job    *snigger*

• Upvote 2

OK, fair enough. But look closer. Gerrard didnt leave. Rush returned within 12 months. McManaman and Owen were cut from the same cloth.

But that's not the point really is it? I mean we could play  player tennis all night but the facts are the club is in a hell of a worse position now than at any time when the players you mention left.

I really dont get this not bothered dont care attitude but each to their own.

Going back to this point, Gary Neville (who you said was right) was arguing exactly the same thing as Section was in that other thread you posted.  So was Gary Neville wrong about that part but the rest of the article was spot on?

Here's what Gary Neville said:-

Just look back over the past 10-15 years and count the number of players who have left Anfield to pursue bigger and better things elsewhere.

Steve McManaman, Michael Owen, Javier Mascherano, Xabi Alonso, Fernando Torres and Luis Suarez have all gone.