You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

I don't understand why we would allow Craig Bellamy to leave, much less pay him to do so.

I agree. Very strange and stupid decision if it's true. I would love to keep him for one more season, think he still is a good player. And if we are going to pay him off, why can't we just keep him here as squad player at least. Ridicilous to pay him to leave, it's not like he's shit like Poulsen and Konchesky.

It makes sense not.

Rogers wants to keep Bellamy, but Bellamy wants to go to Cardiff, and we will pay him to make it happen!

Considering Tony Evans seems to be on the same wavelength as BringBack Biscan I wouldn't be surprised if he wrote that personally.

Yes it's true, well true it's on the Times website.

Reporting he's on £80k a week.

There seems to be a fudging of a few peoples wages Aqualani, now Bellamy, the misinformation with Gylfi . Does seem very strange we would pay him off when he is an asset within the squad.

Kenny Dalglish has revealed that Craig Bellamy took a pay cut to secure his Liverpool comeback.

The Wales international had been placed in a first-team exile by Manchester City, with their abundance of strikers making competition for starting places too close for comfort

But Bellamy accepted a deal lower than his previous £80,000-a-week wages at the Etihad Stadium to seal a return to his boyhood club on the close of the transfer window, eight days ago.

Dalglish also praised the 32-year-old front man's attitude after he made 'sacrifices' in order to to rejoin the ranks at Anfield following a four-year absence.

"He's really enthusiastic to be back and made a lot of sacrifices to come back here, financial and otherwise, because of what the club means to him," said the Kop boss.

"So we're delighted to have people with that attitude here."

Read more at Craig Bellamy took pay cut to seal Liverpool FC return > Liverpool FC > Sport | Click Liverpool

I don't understand why we would allow Craig Bellamy to leave, much less pay him to do so.

He's not brilliant, he's on a fair whack and his knees mean he can't play too often.

However, he's the only established attacking player in the squad with any pace, isn't a shithouse, gives 100% every single time, hates John Terry and isn't Carroll or Downing.

Sadly, I've read something similar on the fiorentina .it website about Aquilani.

In order to get rid of him and his contract liverpool are willing to pay 5m(!) euros from the 7-9m that will receive as transfer fee in order to motivate him to agree to a transfer to Fiorentina where they offer him only 1.8m per season. So practically Liverpool appears willing to cover part of the money Aquilani will be losing from transfering to Fiorentina with much lower wages(less than half).

Sterling is a forward not a midfielder and I doubt very much he will be allowed to consider Spurs! Rogers was glowing about him, so I think a loan period (may be Swansea) will be on the cards.

I won't get hung up on semantics,as a winger I would see him playing wide midfield rather than up front. His representative strike record of 1 goal in 5does not suggest that he is the answer up front!

As he is a London boy,I am not surprised in Spurs' interest.The midfield needs a shake up in formation, personnel ,or both - we are not getting enough goals from there. For me, we should hold on to him, but we are going to have to trust Rodgers vision for how we will set up.

I can understand how a choice needs to be made between Cole and AA, and think that Cole is the right one. I wonder whether Rodgers will play Gerrard off Surez up front and rejig the midfield?It seems that Allen is coming so there will have to be some changes.

I won't get hung up on semantics,as a winger I would see him playing wide midfield rather than up front. His representative strike record of 1 goal in 5does not suggest that he is the answer up front!

It isn't semantics, it is you being wrong, you can see him playing in goal for all the relevance your opinion has on the matter, we play 433.

433 is three midfielders and three forwards, of which Sterling would be one. This is a fact.

It isn't semantics, it is you being wrong, you can see him playing in goal for all the relevance your opinion has on the matter, we play 433. 433 is three midfielders and three forwards, of which Sterling would be one. This is a fact.

I think the clue is in your tenses. We haven't played a competitive league game yet, so how we will set up, and who will play where, is a matter of conjecture, not fact.

The modern game tends to blur the edges anyway. Barca's so- called eight man midfield is a little misleading, don't you think? I am more than happy for you to see his role as a forward, and agree that he can play there. As such, I am not sure he is what we need. If "forward" = "goalscorer", then not for me.

My guess is that if Rodgers does hang on to him, and I hope he will, he would be played as an attacking wide midfielder, but time will tell on both counts.

This is from Tony Barrett -

I think that sounds a good deal closer to reality. If it really was the outlandish figure quoted elsewhere, you could bet that Purslow would have leaked it in the summer of Hodge, or that Commolli would have done likewise when he was cleaning house.

It just being "discovered" and suddenly made available is quite transparent. Although if you wanted to bend over backwards to give whoever leaked it the benefit of the doubt, isn't £80k roughly just over 100k euros a week?

I think the clue is in your tenses. We haven't played a competitive league game yet, so how we will set up, and who will play where, is a matter of conjecture, not fact.

The modern game tends to blur the edges anyway. Barca's so- called eight man midfield is a little misleading, don't you think? I am more than happy for you to see his role as a forward, and agree that he can play there. As such, I am not sure he is what we need. If "forward" = "goalscorer", then not for me.

My guess is that if Rodgers does hang on to him, and I hope he will, he would be played as an attacking wide midfielder, but time will tell on both counts.

Stop being disingenuous and just admit you had it wrong. We know how we will set up, and we know how Sterling will be used e.g. exactly the same way that he has been used in the 3 previous outings.

He isn't going to be an attacking wide midfielder because you have just made that up, he will be part of the front three.

You can't talk your way out of this one. He isn't a midfielder, he won't be used as a midfielder and if he wants to be seen as a midfielder then he has to leave to a club that plays 44 fucking 2. He is a forward.

Why would Borini not be ready? Glass half empty there I think.

well he has only been training a week so be surprised to see him start at least, guess same stands for Carroll too had he been involved but he had a longer rest and also theres always the case where managers ease new signings in

I'm mainly pissed off about Pacheco and Carroll not involved when far worse players will be to be honest and whilst I'm happy with the Borini signing and would be content with Allen, I'm more and more getting the impression it isn't going to get any better than that so I'm a little grouchy!

well he has only been training a week so be surprised to see him start at least, guess same stands for Carroll too had he been involved but he had a longer rest and also theres always the case where managers ease new signings in

I'm mainly pissed off about Pacheco and Carroll not involved when far worse players will be to be honest and whilst I'm happy with the Borini signing and would be content with Allen, I'm more and more getting the impression it isn't going to get any better than that so I'm a little grouchy!

we are playing FC Gromel. I wouldn't play suarez or carroll anyway. we should beat these with the team that played Toronto.

I'd dread to think what a conversation between you and bring back biscan would be like. the fucking doom brothers right there.

ugly-men.jpg

we are playing FC Gromel. I wouldn't play suarez or carroll anyway. we should beat these with the team that played Toronto.

I'd dread to think what a conversation between you and bring back biscan would be like. the fucking doom brothers right there.

ugly-men.jpg

on the contrary I'm usually ridiculously positive and to be fair I'll be happy enough if Morgan starts, I just find that players like Eccleston been given a chance while Pacheco, Carroll and maybe even Bellamy aren't is ridiculous and will just leave us needing another striker which we don't seem to be linked with at all

love to be proved wrong but I'm not getting good vibes at the minute and can only see Allen and Dempsey brought in which if we let Carroll and Bellamy go, makes us no better than last season really

on the contrary I'm usually ridiculously positive and to be fair I'll be happy enough if Morgan starts, I just find that players like Eccleston been given a chance while Pacheco, Carroll and maybe even Bellamy aren't is ridiculous and will just leave us needing another striker which we don't seem to be linked with at all

love to be proved wrong but I'm not getting good vibes at the minute and can only see Allen and Dempsey brought in which if we let Carroll and Bellamy go, makes us no better than last season really

fair enough , i agree on the latter, we should be holding onto bellamy and carroll and still signing allen and maybe dempsey. unless we plan to buy another striker????