You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

We actually got the mantra of keeping everything in club under The King and it worked, since he's gone its all gone to pot again and you end up in this Carroll situation

he'll end up at Newcastle on deadline day in a chopper with Jim white exploding with laughter as we take about £15m for him and then struggle till January without enough forwards

This. Again.

In the build up to most games you can see training pictures on Getty images. Ha a look this morning and can't see Agger on any image which is worrying. In hoping he just has a knock and isn't available but starting the think a move is on the cards.

Anyone heard if he is out with the squad?

I'll put it out there, Aquilani is our best attacking midfielder bar Gerrard.It's like people didnt watch Aquilani on the pitch actually playing for us, he made things happen and was constantly positive.Now he doesnt get injured near as much for two years and wants a go we fuck him off to have Spearing, Adam, Henderson, Allen because everyone is that concerned about wages you would think it's coming out there pension.A fit Aquilani scores and creates more than all of our midfield bar Gerrard, but he's a cunt or Rafa's a cunt or....

We have treated him like a cunt.

He's fucking rubbish and a shithouse, if he's any good then how come Milan and Juve fucked him off ?

As for his attacking play he's scored about 20 goals in his whole career, saying he's the best option other than Gerrard is laughable, Maxi anyone ?

In the build up to most games you can see training pictures on Getty images. Ha a look this morning and can't see Agger on any image which is worrying. In hoping he just has a knock and isn't available but starting the think a move is on the cards.

Anyone heard if he is out with the squad?

Ive not seen or heard anythinh but I'm not bothered one bit who goes, if Agger wants to go he knows where the door is, fuck him and anyone else that wants to leave...

We've lost better and moved on it will be no different, it's not as if he's been the pinnacle of our defence for the last 2/3 seasons he's made of class and we've coped without him before so if he goes we'll replace him.

Ive not seen or heard anythinh but I'm not bothered one bit who goes' date=' if Agger wants to go he knows where the door is, fuck him and anyone else that wants to leave...

We've lost better and moved on it will be no different, it's not as if he's been the pinnacle of our defence for the last 2/3 seasons he's made of class and we've coped without him before so if he goes we'll replace him.[/quote']

They didn't sign him because he is on too much money and would have cost a fee. Juventus got Pirlo, for free, then Milan got Montolivo for free.

He has been treated shockingly and the leaking of his wages (with no doubt the signing on fee included, a la Jovanovic when we wanted to push him out) is pretty low stuff.

I actually rate him, when fit. He might not be world class, but he blows the likes of Adam and Henderson out of the water.

Whatever Bellamys on, I think he contributed more last season than a fair few others on a big wage.

We have 3/4 players who offer no use to us whatsoever on fairly large wages.

Problem is though, Bellamy is actually a player we could shift on account of the fact that other teams will want him, some of the other players we have eating up the wage bill either won't leave or no one will take anyway.

It's the perennial football paradox, other clubs want your best players, not your shit ones.

I am neutral on this,and understand how some of the wages madness of the past two years needs to be addressed, but paying off a player who another club wants, and wants to leave, seems like madness.

It's the perennial football paradox, other clubs want your best players, not your shit ones.

That's not a paradox. That's logic. Stop using esoteric words that you don't understand.

I know that you think they make you sound clever, but when you don't know what they mean they tend to have the opposite effect.

You talk fucking bollocks anyway, misusing words does nothing to ameliorate the situation. Apart from maybe providing the occasional moment of humour.

They didn't sign him because he is on too much money and would have cost a fee. Juventus got Pirlo, for free, then Milan got Montolivo for free.

He has been treated shockingly and the leaking of his wages (with no doubt the signing on fee included, a la Jovanovic when we wanted to push him out) is pretty low stuff.

I actually rate him, when fit. He might not be world class, but he blows the likes of Adam and Henderson out of the water.

How's he been treated shockingly ? He's the one who was shitting out of playing due to 'virus' and 'flu'.... More to it than we probably know IMO, if he's so good then surely it begs the question how come every manager has not wanted him, I'd say it's his attitude because he looks uninterested, another shocking signing in our growing list of spunking money on dross.

I find it hilarious that people still bang on about the one big signing Rafa got wrong (as Keane only cost us 6m in the end and provided us with 8 goals).

Its funny when Skrtel, Agger, Reina and Glen are mentioned, I never hear Rafa's name get dropped. When the club made £50m on a striker I didn't hear Rafa's name get mentioned. When the best team in Europe took away Mascherano and everybody on here was pissed off at losing such a great player - I didn't hear "that was a really astute buy by Rafa".

He spent big on one player. It didn't work. Oh well. Get fucking over it. He is the best manager the club has had in the last two decades. End of.

I find it hilarious that people still bang on about the one big signing Rafa got wrong (as Keane only cost us 6m in the end and provided us with 8 goals).

Its funny when Skrtel, Agger, Reina and Glen are mentioned, I never hear Rafa's name get dropped. When the club made £50m on a striker I didn't hear Rafa's name get mentioned. When the best team in Europe took away Mascherano and everybody on here was pissed off at losing such a great player - I didn't hear "that was a really astute buy by Rafa".

He spent big on one player. It didn't work. Oh well. Get fucking over it. He is the best manager the club has had in the last two decades. End of.

Big on one player is not the only issue people have with his transfers. It is the majority of shit he brought in.

He didn't just spend big on one player though did he.

Aquilani and Keane were undoubtedly disastrous, but Benitez was indeed a great manager for us. Houllier was too, but both badly lost their way in their final seasons.

Shankly and Paisley are obviously untouchable. Fagan continued their work and had amazing success. Kenny's first stint was superlative and the team he built was one of the greatest we've ever had.

After that lot comes Benitez, closely followed by Houllier.

It seems absurd to denigrate his achievements, or indeed Houllier's. It's something that has always irritated me, and, as long as Code exists, will doubtless continue to irritate me.

Christ knows, I was fucking apoplectic at times when Benitez was manager: he made some horrific transfer fuck-ups and some horrible tactical decisions; and he had a truly dismal final season. I would concede that he may well have had such a dismal final season that his sacking may very well have been merited.

Although, clearly not if his replacement was going to be an obviously worse manager.

But he got so much right. He signed so many wonderful players and presided over some magnificent wins at home and abroad. He was manager on the most amazing and unbeleivable night of football I have ever witnessed in Istanbul. He truly loved the club and the city. He had a clear emotional bond with us. Which we saw at the Hillsborough memorial (and which some fucking cunts had the nerve to mock and decry)

To ignore or belittle all of those achievements and all of those memories seems so... un-Liverpool.

It is beneath us.

to replace alonson?

what about:

jovanovic on fuckin massive wages

voronin

nunez

josemi

kronkamp

fuckin hell i could go on..... I love the man and yes he was our best manager of the last 20 years but lets look at facts eh?

Big on one player is not the only issue people have with his transfers. It is the majority of shit he brought in.

He didn't just spend big on one player though did he.

I think his transfer record with us was actually pretty good overall, particularly if you look at what Alonso and Torres moved on for and how players like Agger, Skrtel and Reina proved to be bargains. Arbeloa, Sissoko and Mascherano were also great value at their respective prices (though Barce shafted us on Mascherano). Lucas was another good buy, as was Maxi. Dirk was well worth the £10m. Crouch was well worth the money paid too.

He was also sniffing around David Villa, Alves and Vidic when they would have cost tiny fractions of what they were worth shortly after.

He got it badly wrong on a few occasions, particularly in the last year or so with Keane/Dossena/Aq**lani. I don't think anybody would argue with that.

Same as with any manager, he can be lauded or ridiculed based on selective analysis. I've a feeling history will be kinder and kinder to him and his legacy as time goes on.

Aquilani and Keane were undoubtedly disastrous, but Benitez was indeed a great manager for us. Houllier was too, but both badly lost their way in their final seasons.

Shankly and Paisley are obviously untouchable. Fagan continued their work and had amazing success. Kenny's first stint was superlative and the team he built was one of the greatest we've ever had.

After that lot comes Benitez, closely followed by Houllier.

It seems absurd to denigrate his achievements, or indeed Houllier's. It's something that has always irritated me, and, as long as Code exists, will doubtless continue to irritate me.

Christ knows, I was fucking apoplectic at times when Benitez was manager: he made some horrific transfer fuck-ups and some horrible tactical decisions; and he had a truly dismal final season. I would concede that he may well have had such a dismal final season that his sacking may very well have been merited.

Although, clearly not if his replacement was going to be an obviously worse manager.

But he got so much right. He signed so many wonderful players and presided over some magnificent wins at home and abroad. He was manager on the most amazing and unbeleivable night of football I have ever witnessed in Istanbul. He truly loved the club and the city. He had a clear emotional bond with us. Which we saw at the Hillsborough memorial (and which some fucking cunts had the nerve to mock and decry)

To ignore or belittle all of those achievements and all of those memories seems so... un-Liverpool.

It is beneath us.

Great post, Silverlining.

"Spent big". That lot cost two parts of fuck all.

my point was they were shite singings and we paid them a fucking wage.... for the amount we spent on them (nunez aside) we could have brought in much better. they were fucking shit and any decision to sign them in the first place was ludicrous.