You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Probably because the deal with Fiorentina included a pay off to Aquilani, so instead of the fans going "what a shit deal by Ayre/FSG/Rodgers" we are going "who the fuck gave Aquilani 125 grand a week, what a shit deal by Benitez/Purslow".

Sounds like how we operate and it seems to have worked, does seem mental to pay a player 5 million euros to leave when he erm could play and contribute to the team.

All the Italian media have shown reports he is on 3.8million euros at the time Gerrard was on 100k, I highly doubt we would have made him our highest paid player at the time.

(Why has this wage figure suddenly been leaked by the club?)Probably because the deal with Fiorentina included a pay off to Aquilani, so instead of the fans going "what a shit deal by Ayre/FSG/Rodgers" we are going "who the fuck gave Aquilani 125 grand a week, what a shit deal by Benitez/Purslow".

A shrewd observation. His exit is being managed isn't it? Agents do it for their advantage, I don't have a problem with the club doing it too.

Loaning Carroll out and replacing him with Clint fucking Dempsey. That's fucking laughable.

I suppose there's a chance Rodgers will back where he belongs next season and Carroll doesn't sign for west ham.

We will really miss his what, 4 league goals. Getting in 19 million and saving a years wages is as good as it's going to get.

I'm no Dempsey fan but he puts himself about and knows where the goal is.

Probably because the deal with Fiorentina included a pay off to Aquilani, so instead of the fans going "what a shit deal by Ayre/FSG/Rodgers" we are going "who the fuck gave Aquilani 125 grand a week, what a shit deal by Benitez/Purslow".

This is from Tony Barrett -

Fiorentina saying they'll "only" pay Aquilani 1.8m Euros a year which they say is 40% of his current salary. If that's right then he's on 4.5 million Euros a year at Liverpool which equates to just under 80 grand a week.

I am really struggling to keep up at the moment!

People are contradicting themselves now in their rush to stick the knife into Rogers and FSG! I really do hope those who can't even muster a civil word about a manager who hasn't even managed the club stay away from us this season.

You don't want to be proved wrong, you want to be proved right and you will do everything you can possibly do to ensure that.

We won't be selling Caroll and buying Dempsey because the reason why we won't buy Dempsey is that think he is too expensive! Not that we can't afford him, we won't pay £10m, so it is irrelevant whether Caroll goes or not, unless the fee is reduced we won't be signing him.

fuckin hell spurs, rumours they want sterling and carroll.... fucking, starting to really hate these cunts.

bale's interview after the red bulls match nearly resulted me in ripping my tv off the wall and throwing it through the front window. what an annoying ugly thick one dimensional big eared pug cunt that welsh twat really fucking is. and I cant stand adam.

gareth b*le - the new cristiano r*naldo

he is a cunt.

fuckin hell spurs, rumours they want sterling and carroll.... fucking, starting to really hate these cunts.

bale's interview after the red bulls match nearly resulted me in ripping my tv off the wall and throwing it through the front window. what an annoying ugly thick one dimensional big eared pug cunt that welsh twat really fucking is. and I cant stand adam.

gareth b*le - the new cristiano r*naldo

he is a cunt.

I seen that. Adam apparently, isn't worth commenting on, yet that was the second time he had commented on Adam in three days.

I seen that. Adam apparently, isn't worth commenting on, yet that was the second time he had commented on Adam in three days.

they obviously see us as big rivals next season so are milking it. all this being linked with our players smacks of a team playing mind games.

Who do Spurs think they are? Even Arsenal or Chelsea aren't this fucking arrogant.

They can have Carroll for £12m and they can have Sterling for £18m. Otherwise, shhhh.

The Spurs game is bigger than ever for me now, I'd love to beat them and get them all wound up, and for AvB to cry about us being rough or lucky. Fuck you ging, you smelly poof.

Swansea City's Joe Allen closes in on Liverpool switch | This is South Wales

Swansea City's Joe Allen closes in on Liverpool switch

Wednesday, August 01, 2012South Wales Evening PostFollow

JOE Allen has agreed terms on a bumper contract with Liverpool as the midfielder edges closer to the Swansea City exit door.

The Evening Post can reveal the Allen camp were given permission to speak to Liverpool last month.

Joe Allen

And we understand the 22-year-old has settled on an Anfield deal which, a source explained, will “set him up for life”.

However, though Swansea allowed Allen’s representatives to talk terms with Liverpool, they are still haggling over the size of the transfer fee.

Liverpool have tabled an offer of £12.5 million plus a player on loan — thought to be Jonjo Shelvey — which, the Post understands, Swansea have not responded to officially.

Swansea are digging their heels in over the deal, and are thought likely to demand £15 million before allowing the Welsh international to join former boss Brendan Rodgers on Merseyside.

That is the sum which would trigger a release clause in Allen’s Liberty Stadium contract.

The clause states that if Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea or one of the two Manchester clubs offer £15 million for Allen, Swansea must sell.

Swansea, though, may yet say no to Liverpool even if they do up their bid because of a clause in the compensation package agreed when Rodgers left for the Reds earlier this summer.

Swansea suggested last week that Liverpool had broken an agreement between the two clubs by moving for Allen.

The Post understands Rodgers was disappointed by that statement and believes he has done nothing wrong by registering an interest in the Pembrokeshire-born star.

Swansea’s former manager is a huge Allen fan and, for all the wrangling, the likelihood is that he will eventually get his man.

The player now appears to have his heart set on Liverpool, and it seems the move will happen once the clubs settle on a fee.

Swansea are understandably playing hardball as they attempt to get every penny possible for a player they have nurtured since he was just nine years old.

But the club’s hierarchy are also aware that it is difficult to hold on to someone whose head has been turned.

The Allen situation is complicated further by a second clause in the four-year Swansea deal he signed last summer.

It states that if any club outside the big five offers £10 million for his services, Swansea must sanction a deal.

And given that Tottenham are thought to be interested, it is not inconceivable that they could lose Allen for a smaller fee than the £12.5 million-plus-player package which is already on the table.

Allen is in action for the Team GB Olympic squad against Uruguay tonight, when a draw will be enough to see Stuart Pearce’s team reach next weekend’s quarter-finals.

It seems unlikely his club future will be sorted out before Team GB’s Olympic campaign comes to an end.

Liverpool were last night close to freeing up funds — plus a place in their squad — for Allen with midfielder Alberto Aquilani close to joining Fiorentina for £7 million.

Michael Laudrup, meantime, has insisted that the Allen situation has not changed.

“There’s no latest — he is with the GB team at the Olympics so I have not had the opportunity to talk to him since I arrived,” the Swansea boss said.

“There’s nothing concrete. I can read the papers talking about the interest — it’s normal there is interest because the new manager of Liverpool is the ex-manager of Joe Allen.

“We all know he is a very good player, but I can assure you there’s nothing concrete at this moment.

“Let’s see what happens — I can’t really tell you anything else right now.”

The "outs" will be as interesting as the "ins".

Carroll to Spurs? I can't see that. They fit his criteria for a Euro qualified club, but I doubt he fits their criteria. Most likely it is his agent trying to drive the best possible wage deal for a West Ham offer.

Sterling? He isn't a first team regular. I would keep him, but our midfield is massively overloaded at present and we need to move out a few.

Carroll to Spurs? I can't see that. They fit his criteria for a Euro qualified club, but I doubt he fits their criteria. Most likely it is his agent trying to drive the best possible wage deal for a West Ham offer.

Sterling? He isn't a first team regular. I would keep him, but our midfield is massively overloaded at present and we need to move out a few.

If we could shift any of carroll, henderson, downing, aquilani, cole, spearing and adam i'll be happy. None of them have shown themselves to be good enough.

Sterling is a forward not a midfielder and I doubt very much he will be allowed to consider Spurs! Rogers was glowing about him, so I think a loan period (may be Swansea) will be on the cards.