You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

12 minutes ago, No2 said:

I thought he was dead, no way I would have watched that video of his daughter if I'd have known 

Could well have blagged himself a late invite to the funeral after sharing his grief with the nation like that. They might sit him next to Meghan Markle.

On 09/09/2022 at 21:20, Fugitive said:

Hahaha, why did you bring him up? In fact, why did you have a go at her in the first place… all a bit strange.

Do you read the Daily Mail or Express?

Yes, mostly the Times as it has the best crossword in fact I read nearly all of them apart from the ***, she is a  twatess and I don't know who one means by bringing him up, was it Harry? Who is a twat and I wouldn't want to take a flat week home to that, not that they'll ever know what a flat week is. 

Is that a problem? 

I stood in line for a few hours to see Mao's shrunken corpse. Me and about 50,000 Chinese. 

And they were, for the most part, pleased to see him.

Imagine that: 50k (or even 30k), two or three days a week, shuffling by the remains of someone responsible for the deaths of tens of millions of their fellow citizens. For the past 50 years.

We are strange creatures, no doubt about it. 

• Upvote 1

https://www.buzz.ie/celebrity/how-jeremy-clarkson-owes-everything-23878207

Long before his fallout with the BBC, and long before his time on Top Gear, Robot Wars, or even his book publishing or anything else the motorhead has gotten up to in his life, Clarkson's mother made an entrepreneurial move that would help secure the rest of his future.

Back in 1971, when Clarkson was just 11 years old, his mother Shirley handmade Paddington Bear plush toys for her children, including a young Jeremy.

The toys were so well made that Shirley, after receiving several compliments on the bears, began selling the bears in local stores.

What happened next then for the Clarkson's was a twist of fate and a dose of luck that turned a potentially destructive situation into one that was extremely lucrative.

Paddington Bear creator Michael Bond got wind of the bears being sold after a shopkeeper in Surrey got in contact with him. At first, Bond's response was to sue the Clarkson's for copyright infringement, but an encounter in a lift of all places turned that around.

"I got in the lift with Shirley and Eddie," Bond told The Sunday Times.

"They were terribly nice and pretended it had all been a mistake — and we were friends by the time we got out of the lift. I gave them a licence.”

The Clarksons then went on to produce millions of bears, and it was from this fortune that Eddie and Shirley were able to give their son the leg-up he needed to get in to a better life, and eventually, show-business.

It was only with the money from the bears that Clarkson's parents were able to send him to Repton, a public school in Derbyshire, where he started to pave his own way.

Shirley told AutoTrader magazine, that if it had not been for Paddington Bear, Jeremy would most likely not have had the career he has today.

3 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

It's day 5 and I have mostly stayed away from TV, radio and I don't go on Twitter but I have seen enough of a simple size to conclude there is a sizeable percentage of this country are clearly taking crazy pills.

The rest of the world has known this for quite some time. 

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Fuck Paddington Bear, the royalist, paedo-loving, snivelling, servile, furry little twat. He’s shown his true colours here, selling his soul for a knighthood…

Fuck you, you bastard. I had no idea Paddington and the Queen were bezzies, but it’s something I’m prepared to overlook. He’s a style icon, and has always been one of my heroes. He only went up in my estimation when, the other year, he began endorsing Marmite butties. I mean, marmalade is sound but Marmite is food of the gods.

• Upvote 1