You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jude Bellingham Welcome to Liverpool…

4 hours ago, Grinch said:

The he’s always pictured with Trent and Hendo stuff is hysterical.  Yea along with every other member of the England squad.  You really think he’s daft enough to join a club based on that then he’s more links to City.

Desperate desperate stuff by the same folks that peddled Mbappe every summer whilst we watched shite like Solanke and Origi.

There is a simple way to avoid it, don’t post or lurk on here.  

On 27/03/2023 at 12:29, Barrington Womble said:

We had 9 players for 3 slots this season before you count bajcetic. And that wasn't enough. 

And we'll be in Europe. We'll finish 4th. 

Henderson Fabinho Thiago Elliott Milner Jones Ox Arthur Keita and Carvalho who (started the derby in the midfield 3)

8 hours ago, an tha said:

All the stuff in there about how many mins he has played already at such a young age and how it is more than Messi, Ronaldo et al will be trotted out if we sign him and when he inevitably misses game after game after game at regular intervals due to "stress injuries"

That’s the worry I would have as well. 129 games by 19. He’s a long term injury waiting to happen. 

Does he always play with that knee strapped up?

1 minute ago, Grinch said:

Nearly as pathetic as spending three grand on a football match and spending the next year crying about it.

Its worth sticking around just to laugh at that alone.

I didn’t spend £3k on it.

I see you still have sympathy for the thousands of our supporters effected by those events - which says far more about you than anything anybody else could say.

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

sure he might have played some minutes there, but he's not a midfielder as far as i can see. he has even less defensive awareness than harvey. 

I agree, but obviously at the beginning of the season Klopp thought of him as a midfielder if he played him there in a derby, ahead of Milner and Arthur, in September. 

1 hour ago, Razoray said:

I agree, but obviously at the beginning of the season Klopp thought of him as a midfielder if he played him there in a derby, ahead of Milner and Arthur, in September. 

Klopp seemed really keen to just get him on the pitch early on..I don't quite understand what changed. I get he's not looked great, but he seems almost completely bombed. 

Klopp and for that matter Guardiola have a track record of taking number 10 types and playing them deeper in the midfield successfully. Lallana and Wijnaldum spring to mind and Coutinho was playing there most of the time too when he left. So it's not unthinkable Klopp had the same intention for Carvalho but has seen he's clearly not ready to do that. If the interest in mount is true he probably also fits that bill. Harvey is another one, no way he's quick enough to play wide so he's just going to have to learn to do the defensive and closing the half spaces aspect of being a right sided cm that our system requires.

• Upvote 1

On 29/03/2023 at 17:48, Barrington Womble said:

Klopp seemed really keen to just get him on the pitch early on..I don't quite understand what changed. I get he's not looked great, but he seems almost completely bombed. 

Not looked great but has a useful eye for goal. He's had a bit of a raw deal I'd say.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pidge said:

I don't know if they changed things up in training at some point to try and refresh things and maybe he's struggled to adapt more than the others?

Total speculation obviously. 

This will be in the headlines tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

This will be in the headlines tomorrow.

I know, had to clarify in case people thought I had the inside scoop again.

I just don't get any reason why he's dropped out completely other than something like that. 

2 hours ago, dave u said:

Not looked great but has a useful eye for goal. He's had a bit of a raw deal I'd say.

I think the reason he's a bit frozen out is he seems quite weak physically at the moment and you can see how he gets bothered if he gets kicked a bit. I presume the logic is when in a poor run of form toughing it out etc may be more valuable right now.

Even though we're shit.

He started in the league cup game v City just after the world cup. He played on the left of the front 3 and the young City RB - Lewis - marked him and really bullied Carvalho. He scored early on but besides that he looked like a boy in a man's game. I don't think he has played much since. 

In my opinion, it's a bit harsh to judge him against City but maybe the club have been building him up physically and working to improve the facets of his game to allow him play in a Klopp team since Christmas. 

My assumption with Carvalho is that they’ve got him on a programme to develop his strength. Size is irrelevant to that (Mo is strong as fuck and so was Sterling when he was here), so he needs to put the work in and get stronger. We can’t carry players who can be knocked around. 

Other than a handful of goals, I think he's been pretty poor so there's no clamour from me to see him in the team.

Our forward line is a very small percentage of our problem this season anyway, all the issues are in the midfield & in defence.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Other than a handful of goals, I think he's been pretty poor so there's no clamour from me to see him in the team.

Our forward line is a very small percentage of our problem this season anyway, all the issues are in the midfield & in defence.

I wouldn't absorb most of the blame from our front line. Midfield has been very poor no doubt but if the forwards had taken even half the number of chances we create we will comfortably be in the top 3 right now.