You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Marcellus.jpg

I'm on the mother fucker.

Well, I'll not be giving an 11, but I'll give you the names of some hard hitting' niggaz who are going to be handy in the future. Been busy today, arranging an' shit.

Guest ShoePiss
Marcellus.jpg

I'm on the mother fucker.

Well, I'll not be giving an 11, but I'll give you the names of some hard hitting' niggaz who are going to be handy in the future. Been busy today, arranging an' shit.

Flower arranging?

Using one award given to one player in one season to judge an entire league? I doubt he'll take your criticism too seriously.

European leagues are far stronger than South American leagues. Here's a few more for you...

The last 5 world club cups have been won by European teams. South American sides made 4 of the finals and lost 10-3 on aggregate. The year they missed the final it was the Brazilian side Internacional who failed to reach it after losing 2-0 to a side from DR Congo.

The best players in the Brazilian league are generally young prospects or old veterans whose legs aren't up to the European leagues anymore (Ronaldinho is a good example now and Romario was averaging just short of a goal a game at the age of 40). The best players leave during their prime for higher wages and a better standard of football in Europe.

For every Ronaldo or Romario who become top players there are many, many Klebersons and Denilsons who come with hype and don't live up to it.

If anyone still fancies disagreeing that's up to them but I've only repeated the sort of thing that most people already know.

BongartsKevin Grosskreutz has revealed that it would be a "dream" to play for Liverpool in the future, but reiterated his love for current club Borussia Dortmund.

The 24-year-old was signed to BVB's youth team in 2002, but moved to Rot Weiss Ahlen a year later before being repatriated in 2009.

Under coach Jurgen Klopp, Grosskreutz has won two Bundesliga titles and the DFB-Pokal, and while he stated the feeling he has for his current employers, he also left the door open for a move to Anfield.

"I love Borussia, but I cannot rule anything out," Grosskreutz told Sports Image. "It would be a dream to play for Liverpool at some point. England is a dream for any footballer."

Grosskreutz had stated in November that he would prefer a move to Arsenal, but he appears to have had a change of heart.

Dortmund face Werder Bremen in the first Bundesliga match of the season on August 24.

Borussia Dortmund winger Grosskreutz dreams of playing for Liverpool - Goal.com

make it happen

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yeah, but seriously, he doesn't know what he's talking about. We can't attract players like him. He must be talking about the liverpool in Uruguay.

Telegraph Sport ‏@TelegraphSport

Muora's move to #MUFC off says agent: "United made an offer, which was rejected and they won't make another one, they reached their limit."

Maybe I'm just being cynical, but I'm starting to think United are getting involved with all these players but are intentionally falling short so they don't actually have to go through with it. Pretty decent way of deflecting attention away from their finances.

Maybe I'm just being cynical, but I'm starting to think United are getting involved with all these players but are intentionally falling short so they don't actually have to go through with it. Pretty decent way of deflecting attention away from their finances.

Considering they have just drove the most expensively assembled team ever right to the wire maybe they just feel they don't desperatly need to spend.

Yeah, there's no better way to deflect attention from your finances than publically showing interest in a player and then dropping out because you can't afford it.

*joey deacon face*

Telegraph Sport ‏@TelegraphSport

Muora's move to #MUFC off says agent: "United made an offer, which was rejected and they won't make another one, they reached their limit."

Good news. Hope they don't get him. So now we can offer them our £35 m striker in a straight swap. Done deal by the end of the week...

Quite possible, as i thought the 26m quoted was very cheap for the lad. Good theory and fairly cynical as well.

Hopefully they have pulled out then, Moura is somewhat ineffective now, but he's only 19 and Ferguson is very good with developing young talent. Think he's going to be an absolute monster in a few years.

Same here, and i don't want to go on about him, but his talent is rare and he's got ability beyond the norm. I would pay above the odds for the guy and if that means 35m + i don't give a fuck, he'd be worth it! If there was one player on the planet i'd go for it would be him!!! Enough said im not saying anymore on him

reports on sky sports that o'neil wants agbonlahor..... I've always liked him to be fair and been surprised that he hasn't done better....

reckon he would fit into rodgers system quite well you know.... him, suarez and borini?? wouldn't be too expensive either.