You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Raab writes a whinging letter saying he has been unfairly treated whilst blaming civil services for not being resilient enough.

Yep. He's not to blame for anything. It's those meddling civil servants! 

I'm still half serious in thinking the country needs an actual civil war. How else to get rid? 

7 hours ago, Section_31 said:

He's just a conman Mogg, someone playing a contrived character, like one of these fellas who puts a suit on and a cravat to try and defraud old spinsters, except he does it to the county. He's probably from Essex.

image.jpeg

10 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Yep. He's not to blame for anything. It's those meddling civil servants! 

I'm still half serious in thinking the country needs an actual civil war. How else to get rid? 

That really shouldn't be said even in half jokes. A civil war kills civilians. I'd like to think you meant a coup or even martial law, army defects from government until a new leader is appointed.

25 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

What comes across in that is how dense Mogg is, he can't argue a single point. 

Its quite amusing over the years reading puff pieces in newspapers about these towering intellects and then weighing that against the reality of your own eyes. We live in a world where Oliver Dowden is described as the government's best communicator ffs.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Its quite amusing over the years reading puff pieces in newspapers about these towering intellects and then weighing that against the reality of your own eyes. We live in a world where Oliver Dowden is described as the government's best communicator ffs.

It's astonishing. I know you're not a fan of the Labour front bench but one thing can't be argued is that they're largely not retarded like the Tories are, only Sunak seems to be able to tie his own laces. 

• Upvote 1

The most surprising thing for me with politicians of all hues is how, despite all their advisers, they always seem unprepared. If I know what Susanna Reid is going to try to skewer them with surely they should. I wouldn't have gone into my quarterly sales meeting with my area manager as badly briefed as these people who are supposedly running the country.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

The most surprising thing for me with politicians of all hues is how, despite all their advisers, they always seem unprepared. If I know what Susanna Reid is going to try to skewer them with surely they should. I wouldn't have gone into my quarterly sales meeting with my area manager as badly briefed as these people who are supposedly running the country.

It's pure ego. They think they're too smart for a mere presenter/journo. Plus they're experts at not answering and deflecting. I used to love the look on Priti Patels face when she'd get rinsed. The "how dare you ask me a question" look. Cunts. 

• Upvote 1