You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"Synergize" and its other abbreviations and "robust outputs with clear defined timelines" are now the word and phrase of choice these days in the monstrosity that is our place.

And the next abject wanker that say's " I get that but.." I'm going to cut in straight away and say - good, I'm glad you do, so stop asking stupid pointless questions. 

" Challenge" fuck off. 

I've just got a new job, my old boss is a very blunt character, rubs a lot of people up the wrong way but I got on OK with him. Over the last week or so I've checked in with my new boss a couple of times and he's now told me I should ask for 'forgiveness not permission' - he may regret that.

• Upvote 1

I've just got a new job, my old boss is a very blunt character, rubs a lot of people up the wrong way but I got on OK with him. Over the last week or so I've checked in with my new boss a couple of times and he's now told me I should ask for 'forgiveness not permission' - he may regret that.

There's a guy in my work similar to that.  Very blunt and can come across as aggressive but he gets his job done very well and if someone fucks up and it impacts on him then he will let him know.  You've just got to stand your ground with people like that if you are in the right and don't try and bullshit your way out if you're wrong. 

Well that's virtually an invitation to become the next Frank Abagnale Jr.

• 2 weeks later...

that's my old line.  I often didn't get it.  

Interviewed a post-grad with an MBA in Brand Strategy yesterday. Possibly the most bullshit I've ever heard in a single half hour. I think the question I asked the most was "yes, but what does that actually mean in practical terms?"

Take it to the Arguing About Former Managers Forum.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

It's a theme...a mate works for a car finance company in Watford, he was asked to look at a restructure for the MD as they were in trouble. His recommendation was 4 redundancies. You can guess the rest.

Glad they changed the lyrics to Love is the drug.

This first draft of that verse is shite.

Now that Gove has dumped the last of Grayling's white elephants, two tier criminal legal aid contracts, that will have saved hundreds of small businesses, and thousands of jobs. It was the right thing to do, but ironically will now lead to a strategic review of our department which means I'll be up for 'consideration!'

I find it really nauseating how birds suck up to corporate Alpha males. If the guy has got some pull in the place it's a proper swoon fest with cats claws for anyone who dare try and steal their thunder. Can't really imagine fellas sucking up to a female boss like that, but maybe they do I don't know. 

• Upvote 1

I work remotely so can go months without seeing any colleagues. We infrequently get invited in for a 'standardisation meeting' which is corporate speak for 'you're all doing shit wrong, come here while we tell you off all day'. I've declined their kind invitation for this Friday as I'm busy with clients for an hour in the morning and then sitting at home for the rest of the day.

I'm dealing with one of the worlds largest firms around a European compliance project.

I need to have certain information. I can't do my job without it, ergo they cannot comply without providing it, and to date, despite several conference calls to the states, they've still provided next to nothing.

Just fucking get on with it