You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Interesting Comments from Carra...

an tha

Jesus Christ. What an unpleasant man. Thank you for that. The only football autobiography I’ve read is Didi’s, which was just okay. I just think I will get bored very easily by them.

What, we adding right wing bigot to his charge sheet now?

There are millions of British people who think there's too much immigration.

I'm on the left, but I wouldn't paint him as unpleasant if he feels aggrieved that his brothers can't get jobs.

Spitting is unpleasant.

Stating that he thinks there's too much immigration doesn't make him "an unpleasant man".

There's far more unpalatable opinions stated on here every day.

This is poor.

I guess we’ll find out tonight his situation with Sky because he’s always on MNF, I think he’ll have a few weeks off, come back and make a live public apology and it’ll be forgotten about. Can’t see them sacking him.

He’s an idiot for doing it in the first place but even more so for getting caught doing it, surely he can see that the guy driving has his phone in his hand filming it.

Be interesting to see if there’s any mention of it tonight, I think Neville will want to mention it and sort of apologise on his behalf (if Carraghers not there himself). They seem to get along well and are both on the same level of knowledge, so it’s only natural that Neville would want to keep his mate in a job, I reckon tonight’s MNF will have its highest opening viewers it’s had for a long time just to see how this plays out.

What, we adding right wing bigot to his charge sheet now?

There are millions of British people who think there's too much immigration.

I'm on the left, but I wouldn't paint him as unpleasant if he feels aggrieved that his brothers can't get jobs.

Spitting is unpleasant.

Stating that he thinks there's too much immigration doesn't make him "an unpleasant man".

There's far more unpalatable opinions stated on here every day.

This is poor.

You can... i certainly didn’t, and I’m not going to. I think his scapegoating of immigrants for his brothers failure to obtaining a living is overly simplistic and honesty.. unpleasant. Spitting is scummy.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/12/jamie-carragher-talks-sky-future-spitting-girl-liverpool-manchester-united

Jamie Carragher will hold talks with Sky Sports on Monday after being caught on video spitting towards a 14-year-old girl following Liverpool’s 2-1 defeat at Manchester United.

The football pundit apologised on Sunday evening for the incident via Twitter but a spokesperson for Sky reprimanded the former Liverpool defender, calling his actions “unacceptable”.

The incident, which was caught on a mobile phone and obtained by the Daily Mirror, came following the Saturday lunchtime match at Old Trafford, with Carragher embroiled in a tasteless episode while driving, ending with him winding down his window and spitting towards another car carrying a teenage girl.

The 14-year-old United supporter was in the passenger seat while her father was driving and talking to the former England defender about the game. When the driver repeatedly mentioned the score, Carragher is heard to say: “All right”, before spitting at the car alongside his. The incident, recorded by the girl’s father, ends with the daughter saying to her dad that Carragher’s spittle had hit her in the face.

In a tweet on Sunday night Carragher wrote: “Totally out of order & Ive apologised personally to all the family this evening. I was goaded 3/4 times along the motorway while being filmed & lost my rag. No excuse apologies.”

However, a spokesperson for the channel said: “It’s unacceptable behaviour and we will be addressing it with Jamie.”

The incident is undoubtedly an embarrassing episode for Sky Sports and will place pressure on the channel to make an example out of the 40-year-old. Carragher was due to front the Monday Night Football programme as Sky’s cameras travel to Stoke v Manchester City but much will depend on the outcome of Monday’s meetings.

Carragher has been a mainstay of Sky Sports’ football coverage since he retired from the game in 2013, now earning an annual salary thought to be in excess of £1m.

He deserves whatever he gets for doing that to be honest.

Clearly the driver is a cock, that is without question, and the fact he was filming tells you that and deserves a place in the Shitness of modern football thread.

Banter (or goading as it’s better described) is not done in any way to give a gentle dog in the ribs, but is all about the rise you can get, and that only counts if it’s captured on a phone an sent to a wankerish Facebook page for football bants. No doubt him saying 2-1 to Carr a would’ve gone viral even if carras window had stayed shut bucause, hahaha he said 2-1 to Carra. Fucking infantilism behaviour is the common denominator once a mobile phone and Facebook are involved.

Anyway, that’s commentary on modern life rather than specifically the Manc involved here, but let’s not be distracted from Carra reacting like a scumbag, letting himself down enormously, and showing himself to be a particularly unpleasant person in this instance.

Whether that’s representative of him I am unsure. I’ve never met him. But it does reflect on the city as he is one of its famous sons, and to a degree on the club, though less so as his role at sky and the impartiality (forced, ott, whatever) has removed him from Liverpool F.C. to a degree.

Anyway, despicable, and I’m sure he feels like a right twat today.

Good point about how banter has gone from two way ribbing to saying something outrageous to get the other person react so you can go "u mad lad?" "rustled lol!"

Still no spitting excuse though

More confused than anything. It was widely covered at the time.

Here is the direct quote:

"There's definitely too many foreigners in the game. What's the point of spending all this money on the academies if we're not pushing local kids through? Liverpool FC is our club. It's a big part of our city and you've got to give young Scousers with aspirations the chance to succeed.

"It's not just football. I've got two brothers who find it hard to work in Liverpool in this Capital of Culture year. One of the reasons is we've made it too easy for foreigners to come here and take the jobs."

I obviously agree with the first part but cannot agree with the second at all.