You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Interesting Comments from Carra...

an tha

Spitting at anyone is disgusting but a kid as well FFS.

To be quite honest if it was my kid being spat at like that i'd want to rip his fucking head off for it. Filthy behaviour.

If he had given them the v's or even some verbals then as much as even that he should be above and shouldn't get involved you could sort of say ok he lost his head and has apologised, he is out of line but no big deal....but this is filthy, disgusting and bang out of line.

• Upvote 2

I've never really got the outrage about spitting specifically but that's not to say it's not disgusting and embarrassing. I must say though this incident only confirms my already low opinion of Carragher, and I wouldn't be sad if that's his media career finished.

I've never really got the outrage about spitting specifically but that's not to say it's not disgusting and embarrassing. I must say though this incident only confirms my already low opinion of Carragher, and I wouldn't be sad if that's his media career finished.

“already low opinion of Carragher”

Care to explain?

“already low opinion of Carragher”

Care to explain?

Simply that I've always thought he was a bit of a gobshite and a bit of a bully.

There were the incidents while he played for us which everyone knows about and might not bother some but very much bothered me. And he's just carried on with that same attitude on telly.

Just my opinion, people are free to disagree.

Wasn’t questioning your honesty. Just interested to find out more. Hope you’re not upset.

More confused than anything. It was widely covered at the time.

Here is the direct quote:

"There's definitely too many foreigners in the game. What's the point of spending all this money on the academies if we're not pushing local kids through? Liverpool FC is our club. It's a big part of our city and you've got to give young Scousers with aspirations the chance to succeed.

"It's not just football. I've got two brothers who find it hard to work in Liverpool in this Capital of Culture year. One of the reasons is we've made it too easy for foreigners to come here and take the jobs."

• Upvote 1

More confused than anything. It was widely covered at the time.

Here is the direct quote:

"There's definitely too many foreigners in the game. What's the point of spending all this money on the academies if we're not pushing local kids through? Liverpool FC is our club. It's a big part of our city and you've got to give young Scousers with aspirations the chance to succeed.

"It's not just football. I've got two brothers who find it hard to work in Liverpool in this Capital of Culture year. One of the reasons is we've made it too easy for foreigners to come here and take the jobs."

Jesus Christ. What an unpleasant man. Thank you for that. The only football autobiography I’ve read is Didi’s, which was just okay. I just think I will get bored very easily by them.

• Upvote 1

What's wrong with that? We should be prioritising the local lads above the foreign lads. How many foreign lads have come through our academy and stayed?

• Upvote 1

Simply that I've always thought he was a bit of a gobshite and a bit of a bully.

There were the incidents while he played for us which everyone knows about and might not bother some but very much bothered me. And he's just carried on with that same attitude on telly.

Just my opinion, people are free to disagree.

Translated into English. He was nasty to Arbeloa once.

Hopefully this is the end of his Sky career and the club take him on and have him working with Gerrard. He clearly knows his shit and we don’t need the next Hansen not passing on his knowledge because he’s sat in a TV studio for 20 years.

As someone jokingly mentioned above if anything it shows how arsed he still is about us losing a game to that shower of shite. I feel like he purposely goes against any potential decision that could be seen as him being biased towards us to make sure there’s not even a sniff of his integrity being brought into question. You get from the snippets that Neville will say what he’s like offscreen which tell me these things clearly aren’t his actual opinion.

As a bonus aside Sky will struggle quite hard to replace him. It doesn’t look like Neville fancies being the permanent MNF man anyway and I can’t see any other person they’ve currently got doing the job he does.

• Upvote 1