You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Interesting Comments from Carra...

an tha

You'd reckon that that's it for Carragher and the punditry for a good while, if not permanently.

Sky will want to be seen to do the right thing and protect "the brand."

Plus, it'll likely be difficult for Carragher travelling to stadiums as you'll no doubt get Billy Big Bollocks/Banter Kings/proper "lads" being smart or having a pop/spitting at him if he's spotted at the stadium.

He's been really fucking stupid.

• Upvote 1

Very rare I want anyone to lose their job but Jamie is going to be a very lucky boy to retain his Sky job. Already been pulled from Sky tonight and on Danish tv for tomorrows manc Champions League game.

Is that Danish TV a regular thing for him?

Danish TV made it clear that they were dropping him from the game because it's at Old Trafford and sending him back there so soon after this was be ludicrous.

Carra did wrong, no defence of it, but there's a couple of posts on here where people seem a little too pleased by it all.

The Danish station have give a very fair statement, to be fair.

Saying it wouldn't be wise to send him to Old Trafford so soon after the incident but that they want to sit down and talk to him and get his version of events before acting.

On the subject of Carragher, my local geography isn't great. Is Bootle part of Liverpool? Is he technically a scouser? Is his bin purple?

• Upvote 1

Suspended by Sky. Cant agree with some sentiments that he should lose his job. Wouldnt wish that on someone even though he is set for life. I enjoy his punditry so hope it gets resolved. What he did was disgusting. He should offer to pay the drivers fine.

I think Sky might be justified in jibbing Carragher off.

But, the double standards sit uncomfortably with me. Carragher has lost his head in a moment of madness.

He hasn't embarked on a calm and calculated decision to brake the law.

It begs the question of whether Sky can justify continuing to employ and use in future the likes of Paul Merson (convicted drunk driver), Wayne Rooney (spat at photographer, drink driving, serial adulterer and frequenter of prostitutes) or their past use of Alan Brazil (convicted drink driver) and George Best (convicted drink driver, thief and wife beater) if they now feel the need to make an example out of Carragher without giving him a second chance to redeem himself after a moment of madness.

Just caught a clip of his interview on Sky News and now watching two reporters talking about the incident. Bloody hell what a fuss, they're talking about his family, his kids, his daughter of the same age and how she'll feel etc. I really think he'd have been better off apologising and resigning instead of this media "frenzy". Hopefully it'll die down quickly. He's out of order but doesn't deserve being picked apart.

• Upvote 1

I think Sky might be justified in jibbing Carragher off.

But, the double standards sit uncomfortably with me. Carragher has lost his head in a moment of madness.

He hasn't embarked on a calm and calculated decision to brake the law.

It begs the question of whether Sky can justify continuing to employ and use in future the likes of Paul Merson (convicted drunk driver), Wayne Rooney (spat at photographer, drink driving, serial adulterer and frequenter of prostitutes) or their past use of Alan Brazil (convicted drink driver) and George Best (convicted drink driver, thief and wife beater) if they now feel the need to make an example out of Carragher without giving him a second chance to redeem himself after a moment of madness.

Now, I know we have a strong link with some people from Boston, but things have surely moved on since 1642 and poor Hester Prynne?

• Upvote 1

Just caught a clip of his interview on Sky News and now watching two reporters talking about the incident. Bloody hell what a fuss, they're talking about his family, his kids, his daughter of the same age and how she'll feel etc. I really think he'd have been better off apologising and resigning instead of this media "frenzy". Hopefully it'll die down quickly. He's out of order but doesn't deserve being picked apart.

Was thinking this , seemed to be adding fuel to the fire. I assume he was advised a quick & full apology would help his case but think it backfired. It was all a bit much though , he spat at a car ffs , I was waiting for Jihadi John to appear at the back.

There is something slightly distasteful about newspapers who have been caught hacking into the mobile phones of murdered children, who consistently stuck up for Hopkins, McKenzie et al. all demanding Carragher get sacked!

Last night when the story broke all fans demanding he is sacked - Leicester fans who ignore racism from Vardy, Chelsea fans who ignored Lampard laughing at 11/9, Everton fans who idolise Rooney, - every club has a number of players whose indiscretions they've ignored - including us. 

He essentially spat at a car. So fucking what - fine him, suspend him and off we go. 

• Upvote 5

There is something slightly distasteful about newspapers who have been caught hacking into the mobile phones of murdered children, who consistently stuck up for Hopkins, McKenzie et al. all demanding Carragher get sacked!

Last night when the story broke all fans demanding he is sacked - Leicester fans who ignore racism from Vardy, Chelsea fans who ignored Lampard laughing at 11/9, Everton fans who idolise Rooney, - every club has a number of players whose indiscretions they've ignored - including us.

He essentially spat at a car. So fucking what - fine him, suspend him and off we go.

Fucking hell. We agree on something