You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

9 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Yeah, we've gone from replacing a load of sicknotes that hardly play with a couple of good players who have decent injury records, to losing the two midfielders who actually managed to get on the pitch regularly. 

Think we're going be be getting very twitchy over the next few weeks. 

We’ll surely buy a DM to replace Fabinho and Zob replaces Henderson . Mac has replaced the two sick-notes which overall leaves us far better covered in midfield than last season. 

Hopefully it all works out, but Saudi Arabia has dictated the pace of our midfield evolution, not Klopp. 

Be interesting to see how welcoming everyone on here is of the cash when they target Alisson and Trent next year. Not beyond the bounds of possibility given the Mbappe pursuit.

2 hours ago, an tha said:

13m and 200k a week off wage bill.

It is exceptional business for us.

Another 40m and a similar amount off wage bill for Fabinho hopefully to follow.

So 50m and about 400k a week to use towards improving us. Superb stuff, now don't waste the opportunity, Liverpool.

john-henry-pic-reuters-722475300.jpg

211207165948-03-skyscraper-superyacht-concept.jpg

Just now, El Rojo said:

Hopefully it all works out, but Saudi Arabia has dictated the pace of our midfield evolution, not Klopp. 

Be interesting to see how welcoming everyone on here is of the cash when they target Alisson and Trent next year. Not beyond the bounds of possibility given the Mbappe pursuit.

obviously it depends on the player and the amount of cash, but overall it is a shadow increasing over football in Europe.  

12 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Yeah, we've gone from replacing a load of sicknotes that hardly play with a couple of good players who have decent injury records, to losing the two midfielders who actually managed to get on the pitch regularly. 

Think we're going be be getting very twitchy over the next few weeks. 

The two of them being more at fault than anyone for why we were so poor.

The fact we have been able to get rid and for 50m at that is the best business we have done in an age....Now we can replace ageing statues whose legs have gone with players who can run, tackle etc....

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, No2 said:

But football is make believe. The whole concept of grown men and women supporting a bunch of millionaires they will never meet is ridiculous. 

I'm not sure it's helpful to describe it as a 'concept'. Besides which, you may as well say the same about pretty much anything in modern commercial culture - the musicians you like, the actors/directors you like, whatever. You're taking a very general phenomenon concerning the distance between production and consumption and the disparity in income and focusing on football as if it's some special case. Expecting or hoping for some degree of decency and integrity, in spite of any aspect of these relationships, is not at all naive nor irrational. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Mook said:

Klopp has done an interview in the last day or so where he's spoken about Henderson's departure & was full of nothing but praise for him.

Yes the club posted their goodbye and his message just after I posted that 

Is he retiring from Ingurland too or just domestic football? Will Southgate be going on FA funded jollies to Saudi to watch him? 

EVERYTHING about this move sucks big fucking dog cocks. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Is he retiring from Ingurland too or just domestic football? Will Southgate be going on FA funded jollies to Saudi to watch him? 

EVERYTHING about this move sucks big fucking dog cocks. 

He was apparently assured by Southgate it would not affect his place in the squad the wobble headed tackle dodger. Tackle not tax.

Sad to see him go.

Not the greatest player but a great captain. Yes there is a difference. He won and lifted every single trophy you can win and not many of our ex-skippers can say that. We will miss his passion and leadership for sure. Doesn't feel right the way he left but i don't care for that argument.

He struggled at the start but grew into a fantastic leader. He gave us some great memories and celebrations and i'll never forget that. The best trophy lift in football too. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I am not personally,but the booing is something that even Klopp understands without being part of it. Henderson could simply have bowed his head,hummed or quietly mouthed the words rather than very visibly belting it out. I know our team under Shanks had plenty of tories but he'd do his level best to make sure any disrespect towards fans was kept private or not tolerated. Henderson might well have dressed up like a Pearly King and hugged a framed photo of the Royals with how visible his actions were while thousands booed in protest.

Why should he have to? He’s from a another northern area of England with similar economic and social issues forced upon them by the country’s rulers, but the lad is English, has captained his country and by no means should be criticised if he chooses to sing the national anthem of the country he is from. Why would you take that personally?

You've got your view? Fine - don’t sing it, but leave other people to get on with what they feel they want to do. This nonsense assumption that he was playing to the masses by singing it - he might just have wanted to sing it. This “if you’re not anti-royal you’re a Tory” shite is just that as well - total fucking shite.

If you’re going to be pissed off with or judge  him for choosing to play in Saudi, then fine, but why should it tarnish the stuff that went before while he was here. Whether he was great, good, average or shite - he gave his absolute all and was a solid leader. I couldn’t give a fuck if he wants to sell out. A few on here should start looking closer to home I bet before judging a man who has merely chosen to play in a less pressurised environment for more money at the end of his career.

And all this “he robbed us of a proper send off” stuff - it happens all the time. It’s timing of events - not everyone can know what they will do in response to various offers etc. The person who missed out most was him in that respect - a captain’s farewell at anfield.

Good luck to you Hendo - I think the Saudi thing is disagreeable, but I get why players are going for it. Thanks for the effort, the trophies and the time

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Sad to see him go.

Not the greatest player but a great captain. Yes there is a difference. He won and lifted every single trophy you can win and not many of our ex-skippers can say that. We will miss his passion and leadership for sure. Doesn't feel right the way he left but i don't care for that argument.

He struggled at the start but grew into a fantastic leader. He gave us some great memories and celebrations and i'll never forget that. The best trophy lift in football too. 

Have to disagree about trophy lift.

Seeing the base of a trophy on all the lift photos instead of the actual trophy narked me!

Exhibit A:

skysports-henderson-liverpool_5047014.jp

B: 

lifttrophy.jpg?itok=FeQ6gAsY

C:

fa-cup-final-trophy-lift-15052022.jpg?it

D:

P2022-02-27-League_Cup_Final-86-600x400.

Probably narks me more than it should but hey....

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Video with armband edits from his new club. 

Overall, what a strange and disappointing end to Henderson’s time with us. 

The efforts gone to with the airbrushing of the rainbow armband in that are pretty staggering. Well done on making yourself a complete and utter stooge, Hendo.