You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

9 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

It's more than hiding it, it's a deliberate fuck you to criticism. They didn't need to use that image,  there are 500 other games with similar poses in regular armbands. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, No2 said:

It's more than hiding it, it's a deliberate fuck you to criticism. They didn't need to use that image,  there are 500 other games with similar poses in regular armbands. 

It's not just that image either, the video cycles through lots of images and all the rainbow stuff is greyed out over a 15-20 second montage.

14 hours ago, an tha said:

Have to disagree about trophy lift.

Seeing the base of a trophy on all the lift photos instead of the actual trophy narked me!

Exhibit A:

skysports-henderson-liverpool_5047014.jp

B: 

lifttrophy.jpg?itok=FeQ6gAsY

C:

fa-cup-final-trophy-lift-15052022.jpg?it

D:

P2022-02-27-League_Cup_Final-86-600x400.

Probably narks me more than it should but hey....

I think it’s obviously his way of paying tribute to gape of a promiscuous male. His kind of Goatse. I suspect if he ever gets another chance he’ll show it in it’s true upright nature as to not be a hypocrite.

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Hahaha! And so it begins.

and there it should end.  Why do people clamour to be offended - and keep being offended - in this way?  He's gone, it's not our problem anymore.  Let him get on with his life and we can focus on the season ahead. 

Just now, dave u said:

Stringy defending Hendo against a forum onslaught is the plot twist none of us saw coming.

this is the thing.  All the crayon chewers believed I hated Henderson the man.  I never have - I don't know the lad, or any of the other players for that matter.   I just didn't rate him as a player or a leader.  He's just a (rich) bloke who has been given the opportunity to bring his family riches beyond their dreams, and he's taken it.  

The quality of football was probably not even a consideration, and he's naive beyond tablets if he thinks it won't affect his Ingerlund chances.  He has to live with his conscience.  Would I do it?  Almost definitely not - I wouldn't choose to work anywhere in these places, Muslim or Jewish, they're countries run by cunts even worse than those running here.  

What is massively boring is people working themselves into a frothing lather at the 'hypocrisy' of the man in question, and almost - as often is the case on various subjects - seeking out the opportunity to be offended.

He's gone, crack on.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, dave u said:

I agree with you on the anthem, but this bit above misses the point. That isn't the reason he's being judged. Bobby and Fabinho aren't getting the same kind of criticism because they never put themselves out there as "Captain Rainbow - Protector of the Gays".

That's a valid criticism. Yes, he put himself out there as a LGBT ally and has displayed hypocrisy going there. However, I genuinely want to know where people draw the line and why there is no consistency to the level of criticism.

Liverpool FC is also a LGBT ally. Yet the club have taken millions from the Saudis for Hendo and are likely to take even more for Fabinho. We're looking at a total of over 50m of Saudi cash coming into the club, money which most people are very fine with. Where is the massive backlash and outrage for that? Where are the numerous fans choosing to boycott Liverpool games because of that?

2 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

That's a valid criticism. Yes, he put himself out there as a LGBT ally and has displayed hyocrisy going there. However, I genuinely want to know where people draw the line and why there is consistency to the level of criticism.

Liverpool FC is also a LGBT ally. Yet the club have taken millions from the Saudis for Hendo and are likely to take even more for Fabinho. We're looking at a total of over 50m of Saudi cash coming into the club, money which most people are very fine with. Where is the massive backlash and outrage for that? Where are the numerous fans choosing to boycott Liverpool games because of that?

"We're all part of the same hypocrisy."

As I said in another thread, we were not looking to sell Hendo or Fabinho until they came in and made them offers, causing those players to then say they wanted to leave.

So we either say "sorry, you're staying because we don't want to sell you and we don't want to accept Saudi money" or we make the best of the situation and get what we can. Keeping unhappy players is something Klopp would never do, so what choice was there?

I have absolutely zero problem with LFC accepting the transfer fees, if anything I have more of a problem with them not holding the Saudi's feet to the fire and demanding more money for Henderson.

There is no hard and fast rule here. You just have to take every individual situation and judge it on its own merits. I think what Henderson did was massively disappointing. I have no issue whatsoever with LFC accepting the transfer fee.

If we invite them in as partial investors, different story altogether.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, stringvest said:

What is massively boring is people working themselves into a frothing lather at the 'hypocrisy' of the man in question, and almost - as often is the case on various subjects - seeking out the opportunity to be offended.

Ti saluto

image.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Did you just try to draw a parallel between the disenfranchisement of Palestine with the wealth of Saudi Arabia?

Not even getting involved on Israel/Palestine debates on here, but that is... unbelievable...

I merely pointed out that some people have brandished flags of a nation that treats gay people as badly, if not worse, than the Saudis do. Or are we only permitted to draw attention to homophobia in wealthy nations?

If a fact like that makes you uncomfortable, well... maybe it should.

• Downvote 1

20 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

The best thing about all of this is that we've got to see Big Nat again in this players farewell video.  Jota, obviously not arsed.  Darwin, never understood a word he said.  Gomez, not asked just in case he called him Dean Henderson.  Diaz, Henderwho?

The best thing about all this was the Wearside Jack comment. Then watching his farewell video. Outstanding.