You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Agger situation

Seemann

Just to give some perspektive on Agger.

I live in Copenhagen and have, of course, been following the stories about our reported interest in fellow Dane Daniel Agger from Brøndby.

The Danish media only report what the english media have been sending out, so nothing new on that front, however it seems that Brøndby is quite busy selling players at the moment which could be the reason for them raising the price and taking their time?

Bolton are tracking their crap right winger Jonas Kamper. 1 mill £ should be enough for that deal to go through. Meanwhile, Real Sociedad are very close at securing their top goalscorer Morten Skoubo for a fee around 2 mill £. This is a lot of money for a Danish side and I think it could have an influence on their asking price for Agger. Financially they look very solid.

Next summer Johan Elmander, their Swedish internacional forward, will almost certainly leave for a fee that could be even higher than the one for Agger.

Brøndby were knocked out in the 3. qualifying round of the Champions league by Ajax, but they made some good money from those games. They recently got knocked out of the uefa cup groupstage, but again made more money than initially expected.

What I´m trying to say is that they have earned a lot of money this season and with more on the way from playersales. (Kamper and Skoubo could easily be replaced). This means that they are in a good position to negotiate since they don´t have to sell. Agger got 18 months left of his contract, which is quite long by Danish standards, so again they are in no rush.

IMO he is very good and should be well worth the reported 4 mill £ asking price. However, he has only played one and a half season at top level in Denmark and the step up to the premiership is massive for any young foreigner. He´ll need some time, but could be a good back up this season and then who knows?

A positive thing is that Brøndby already got a replacement for him in Trond Andersen, former Wimbledon player, and recently bought another defender from Malmø.

By the way, he´ll be better than krøldrup :yes:

Jesper Olsen, he played for Man Ure. I think they mean him, anyway.

Think it's Morten Olsen (the Denmark manager) who was a really, really good centre half in his day.

Only 3rdReichel has won more international caps. Olsen made 102 appearances for his country.

Think it's Morten Olsen (the Denmark manager) who was a really, really good centre half in his day.

Only 3rdReichel has won more international caps. Olsen made 102 appearances for his country.

Of course it is Morten Olsen, a Danish defender but not fast. Spending £5 mill on Agger is strange, after all he has not done anything on the international scene so far, a friendly against England doesn`t count. Probably £5 mill is maximum depending of how both he and we succeed. No, use most of our money to get King, he will make us better from the firs day and he can play in the CL (agger can not). And let Djimi go, along with Potter and Jerzy.....

Of course it is Morten Olsen, a Danish defender but not fast. Spending £5 mill on Agger is strange, after all he has not done anything on the international scene so far, a friendly against England doesn`t count. Probably £5 mill is maximum depending of how both he and we succeed. No, use most of our money to get King, he will make us better from the firs day and he can play in the CL (agger can not). And let Djimi go, along with Potter and Jerzy.....

I can't believe there's anyone left who doesn't trust Rafa's transfer judgement. He's not infallible, but he deals decisively with his mistakes (Josemi - in and back out again within 18 months), and improves players with time. I know absolutely nada about Agger, but feel very confident that he'll have a great chance of success here, or else we wouldn't be interested in signing him.

Rafa knows.

If we pay £5 million for him its not going to be straight cash, it will be full of clauses such as appearances etc which will boost it up to £5 million so to make the selling club look good.

I still think they will be plenty of cash about for the right mid and possibly a striker.

Fowler on loan anyone ??????????

Is Agger fast? It would be nice if the new centre back has more pace than Hyypia... ;)

I would say that he is as fast as Carragher, but not as strong or aggressive. However, he reminds me more of Carragher than Sami, but if he can learn a thing or two from Sami he´ll be awesome.

5 mill £ is a bit much. He might prove to be well worth it, but expectations will be that much greater from the get go, and that might not be beneficial for anyone?

The England match hasn´t done us any favours regarding Aggers price. Unfortunately he might get overrated by this one game?