You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

I’m a big Corbyn fan but if it means getting rid of this bastard Tory government, I’d kick my own mum out.

Admittedly, it seems a bit counterproductive to go to war within the party but I’m desperate now. I fucking hate them and would do anything to get rid of them.

10 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Islington North is gonna see a lot more of this for the next 18 months.

Paradoxically Corbyn, instead of being the media bogeyman could soon be cast by the media as some sort of good guy if he starts criticising Keir Starmer and the official Labour Islington candidate. They will lap it up.

As I thought. A lot in the media will turn on a sixpence and get behind Corbyn as a vehicle to attack Starmer. LBCs Iain Dale tonight. Starmer may have dropped a clanger.

Ian Dale. Revels in his role in

the abolition of the National Dock Labour scheme in the 80s. Now gets to pontificate on a national broadcaster as workers like dockers across the country face the return of casualisation and being stripped of rights. Again. 

• Upvote 1

Obviously there's the element where the only attack the Tories have against the current leadership is Corbyn. But doesn't this mostly go back to Corbyn usurping Starmer's reaction to the release of the EHRC or Forde report?

I have to say, it's pretty vindictive whatever the excuse. Hopefully he pursues and  jails some Tories with the same gusto when he becomes PM, for ripping off the country's finances.

• Like 1

His uniting the party is going really well. Obviously plan is to either unseat anyone with left leanings or have any left leaning members leave.

No doubt anyone blaming Starmer for this unnecessary fight will be getting called out for wanting the Tories to win.

Getting rid of Corbyn will really help Starmer because history has shown when you bend over to bullies the bullies stop and move on.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Every shadow cabinet minister is a member of the Labour Friends of Israel.

13 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Is that actually true?

No, it's not. Far from it.

Here's a list of the members of the Shadow Cabinet.

https://labour.org.uk/people/shadow-cabinet/

And here's a list of the Labour Friends of Palestine: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labour_Friends_of_Israel#:~:text=In September 2020%2C Jennifer Gerber,Conor McGinn and Catherine McKinnell.

It's won't take long to run through the names in the first and check to see who is (and isn't) in the second list, and realise that this is yet another load of bollocks that gullible types pick up and run with without checking for the veracity of the claim.

BTW, here's the list of the Labour Friends of Palestine:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labour_Friends_of_Palestine_and_the_Middle_East

You'll notice a large crossover of the names in the two 'friends' lists, including our friend on the left, Wes Streeting! 

7 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Polls are still saying Starmer will be PM with 400+ seats. I'm sure with that type of majority he'll start caring more about what people think and be more democratic.

if you listen to that Stats for Lefties Twatter account that Gnasher posts here, he's on course for a hung parliament according to their methodology.

Better set aside aside your reservations, lads, and vote Labour.

Stats for lefties is basically just "stats" from all the various pollsters, not sure what's so threatening, torylites raise little objections to polls published from organisations such as YouGuv.

As for Labour and the freinds of Israel group, as stated almost all the major Labour figures bar Angela Raynor are indeed members. The slight difference of course with being a member of the friend's of Israel organisation to friend's of Palestine is one of those countries are involved in illegally occupying the other and that same country has unleashed a system of apartheid upon the people of that neighbouring country. So being a member of one does not cancel out being a member of the other, unless you advocate and support apartheid of course. 

Just now, House of Dirk said:

As I have said fifty million times on here, it makes no difference in this south east seat.

Thats going back on the PR pledge was unforgivable. It would have made every vote worth something (not a lot but still) and locked out a future right wing extremist tory government.

• Upvote 1

It's a shame something a little more respectful couldn't be arranged to have him step aside. But the bottom line is Corbyn is more beneficial to the Tories than he is Labour. That is a fact. 

He is a the bogey man, the keyser sozë of politics, the dyed in the wool Tories or Labour voters don't decide elections, its the thick red top reading, headline glancing, shit beer drinking fools up and down England that decide it. For them he's a nazi, an ISIS member, chums with Gadaffi and Gerry Adams, they don't know his policies or his background, they don't even know what an anti-semite is they just have a feeling its bad. The guy they don't even know getting rid of the bogey man must be a good guy, how could he not be?

It's a real shame but Corbyn has been beaten by the establishment, he should focus his passion on fighting back through other means than a back bench MP. Get himself on TV or Radio and kill them that way.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Gnasher said:

As I thought. A lot in the media will turn on a sixpence and get behind Corbyn as a vehicle to attack Starmer. LBCs Iain Dale tonight. Starmer may have dropped a clanger.

I listened to a podcast over the weekend and Dale suggested that if Corbyn runs as an independent, some Tory voters might end up voting tactically for Corbyn to keep Labour out!

The whole thing has been handled terribly by Starmer. By the time we get to an election I can see the gap in the polls being marginal at best.