You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 hour ago, A Red said:

I think Corbyns ego needs a platform, he hasn't the personality or quick witted enough to be a tv personality so being an MP is his best chance. He will definitely stand in my opinion.

I agree. He's one of the very few who actually seems to enjoy being an MP,  it's all he knows, the only thing he's good at, he detests the media. Plus the media moguls hate him, they wouldn't want to give him a platform. Plus you need a nice set of teeth for TV presenting work and have you seen the state of his railings?

23 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

You tell em, Corbz. If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

Huh, haven't the party won recent by-elections?

Ohhhh....that's why it's a disaster. Silly me!

Survey
end date
Pollster Client Con Lab Lib Dem Lead

9 Apr 1992 general election[4] 42.8% 35.2% 18.3% 7.6%
8 Apr NOP The Independent 39% 42% 17% 3%
8 Apr Gallup The Daily Telegraph 38.5% 38% 20% 0.5%
8 Apr MORI The Times 38% 39% 20% 1%
7 Apr ICM The Guardian 38% 38% 20% Tie
7 Apr Harris ITN 38% 40% 18% 2%
6 Apr MORI YTV 37% 40% 20% 3%
4 Apr Harris Daily Express 37% 38% 21% 1%
4 Apr Harris The Observer 38% 40% 17% 2%
3 Apr NOP The Mail on Sunday 35% 41% 20% 6%
3 Apr MORI The Sunday Times 37% 39% 21% 2%
3 Apr Gallup The Sunday Telegraph 37.5% 37.5% 21% Tie
3 Apr NOP The Independent on Sunday 38% 41% 17% 3%
3 Apr ICM Press Association 36.2% 38.7% 20.4% 2.5%
1 Apr ICM Sunday Express 37% 39% 19% 2%
1 Apr Gallup The Daily Telegraph 38% 37.5% 20.5% 0.5%
31 Mar NOP The Independent 37% 39% 19% 2%
31 Mar Neilsen N/A 39.8% 39.6% 17.2% 0.2%
31 Mar Harris ITN 35% 41% 19% 6%
30 Mar ICM The Guardian 37% 41% 18% 4%
30 Mar Harris Daily Express 40% 39% 17% 1%
29 Mar MORI The Times 35% 42% 19% 7%
28 Mar Audience Selection N/A 37% 39% 19% 2%
28 Mar NOP The Independent on Sunday 39% 40% 16% 1%
27 Mar NOP The Mail on Sunday 37% 41% 18% 4%
27 Mar MORI The Sunday Times 38% 40% 20% 2%
27 Mar Harris The Observer 40% 38% 17% 2%
25 Mar ICM Sunday Express 36% 38% 20% 2%
25 Mar NOP The Independent 39% 42% 14% 3%
24 Mar Gallup The Daily Telegraph 40% 40.5% 16.5% 0.5%
24 Mar MORI N/A 38% 41% 17% 3%
24 Mar ICM The Guardian 39% 40% 17% 1%
23 Mar NMR EUR 38% 39% 19% 1%
23 Mar Harris Daily Express 43% 38% 15% 5%
23 Mar Harris ITN 38% 42% 16% 4%
21 Mar MORI The Times 38% 41% 17% 3%
21 Mar NOP The Independent on Sunday 38% 40% 16% 2%
20 Mar NOP The Mail on Sunday 39% 41% 15% 2%
20 Mar MORI The Sunday Times 38% 41% 19% 3%
20 Mar Harris The Observer 40% 39% 17% 1%

1992 General Election Result compared to polls for the 3 weeks leading up!

The shows not over till the fat bloke sings!

Some absolute shite being chatted about Corbyn and his campaign in the next election. 

If he runs as an Independent, then he’ll win as North Islington know who he is, what he’s about and that he is actually a good MP.

Running on a campaign of nationalisation he won’t. He’ll be about local issues and Starmer will still be embarrassed.

At local level I’ll be voting for the best candidate in our ward. At the moment, that’s looking like the Lib Dem (Come on Green’s sort it out) one as they have been putting the leg work in for about 12 months now, and not just assuming it’s a shoe like Labour believe it is. And seems a lot of the neighbours are starting to feel the same. 

4 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Some absolute shite being chatted about Corbyn and his campaign in the next election. 

If he runs as an Independent, then he’ll win as North Islington know who he is, what he’s about and that he is actually a good MP.

Running on a campaign of nationalisation he won’t. He’ll be about local issues and Starmer will still be embarrassed.

At local level I’ll be voting for the best candidate in our ward. At the moment, that’s looking like the Lib Dem (Come on Green’s sort it out) one as they have been putting the leg work in for about 12 months now, and not just assuming it’s a shoe like Labour believe it is. And seems a lot of the neighbours are starting to feel the same. 

Fuck off lad you look like you're in The Human League 

In all seriousness, who is your local Labour MP? 

5 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Its difficult to beat the might of the main party's when running as an independent, however well  known you are. History shows the odds of an independent candidate defeating the main two party's candidate are fairly slim. The stats are against you.

As for Corbyn sticking to 'local issues' and not campaigning on 'nationalisation' here's his latest tweet, his only tweet about issues/policy matters this past week.

16 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Its difficult to beat the might of the main party's when running as an independent, however well  known you are. History shows the odds of an independent candidate defeating the main two party's candidate are fairly slim. The stats are against you.

As for Corbyn sticking to 'local issues' and not campaigning on 'nationalisation' here's his latest tweet, his only tweet about issues/policy matters this past week.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/jul/01/england-privatised-water-firms-dividends-shareholders

20230402_010920.jpg

22 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I think it's all but inevitable that the Islington North CLP will be expelled if they continue to back JC to stand. It's better for him IMHO to stand down now and prevent the expulsion of the CLP.

The jam man of Islington has come out swinging this Monday morning.

For those who think Corbyns going to stick to local issues if he runs as an Independent, no chance, its just not in his DNA. He's proud to have got himself arrested campaigning against apartheid in S.Africa in the 80s. He believes national, international and social issues are all interlinked. Even if he wanted to narrow down his campaign he's not disciplined enough, he can't help himself. If he does choose to stand as an independent imo his campaign will take after his statement above. 

Rumours Corbyn has already decided on his election flag to campaign in front of when he declares he's going to run as an independent for Islington nth.

Apparently its both a backhanded swipe at Labours newfound love of the flag plus a message to those who kicked him out of the party, plus a countenance to those who label Corbyn as unpatriotic. Its also a homage to his favourite North London football team.

20230403_113143.jpg

No way Corbyn will simply contain himself just to social issues if he does run as an independent.

As for the media getting bored and focusing on other issues, the latest comments by both Starmer and Corbyn are splashed all over the Evening Standard.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/jeremy-corbyn-keir-starmer-islington-friends-colleagues-labour-b1071815.html?s=09

John Curtis is imo right about Corbyns chances of winning the seat. History is not on his side and its difficult to beat the party machine although I think and hope he'd run Labour close. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/jeremy-corbyn-labour-nec-vote-islington-north-independent-b1070587.html

24 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Such evil. The world has never seen anything like it. 

Ah but he almost had me fooled. I admit at first I thought the jam man had tweeted a lovely innocent little multi faith message for the holidays but then on closer inspection I realised something far more sinister.

I noticed he mentioned Easter last. Is Britain not primarily a Christian country? Surely Easter should have been mentioned first and then the other two faiths after. Just another example of the continuing hatred the menace feels towards this country. Probably mentioned the Catholic one first as a nod to his bessie mate Gerry Adams. He's only mentioned Passover first to cover for his anti semitism.

We dodged a bullet with that fella. 

57 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Such evil. The world has never seen anything like it. 

He actually just ran out of characters. This was apparently his full message -

This week, Passover, Ramadan and Easter overlap, which only happens three times each century. This rare and special occasion is a time for all communities to come together and make a common call for compassion, inclusion and peace. Although, in my case, it represents a special opportunity for me to be anti-semitic, islamophobic, and sectarian.

• Upvote 2