You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson wants to make "several other additions to strengthen the squad"

RafaLaBamba

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aldo made a cracking point that MAYBE it's about time for Gerrard to take a step in midfield and play a much more disciplined and restricted role as a DM.

I'd prefer him in the Xavi role. Someone's still behind him and his position is further back, but he's free to move up and attack whenever he wants. Just seems like he'd be wasted as a DM.

I'd prefer him in the Xavi role. Someone's still behind him and his position is further back, but he's free to move up and attack whenever he wants. Just seems like he'd be wasted as a DM.

True.

That being said, how long can he operate the way he has been in the past, I.E a box to box midfielder?

We'll soon see, especially if Cole hits it off with Torres.

Poulsen hasn't been great at Juve mate. IMO would be a massive downgrade and he would struggle in the premier league. I'm no Lucas fan at all, but Lucas is just as good as Poulsen, waste of vital funds IMO.

Cheers mate. Hopefully its just rumours at the moment. Once Mascherano does go I would prefer we went after Defour but I dont know if that is being too unrealistic.

Alan nixon will link us to all 22 players in various articles over the coming days!

Only if their agents ask him to.

Everything he writes is done with the intention of either getting a player a move, a new contract, or if a move has stalled he'll link the player to someone else to panic the side that is actually interested into pushing it through (the Remy thing being a good example, throw our name in to kick West Ham up the arse).

I don't think he's ever been right about anything. Ever.

Cheers mate. Hopefully its just rumours at the moment. Once Mascherano does go I would prefer we went after Defour but I dont know if that is being too unrealistic.
I hear ya mate Defour would be a class signing, thats if Fergie hasn't got his mitts into him already, remember Fergie sending Defour a get well card when Defour broke his foot, blatant tapping up.

I hear ya mate Defour would be a class signing, thats if Fergie hasn't got his mitts into him already, remember Fergie sending Defour a get well card when Defour broke his foot, blatant tapping up.

Did he include a contract in that get well card?

People don't actually know what tapping up constitutes. It's when you approach a player about a move to your club, without permission from the player's club. A Christmas card, a get well card, a birthday card isn't tapping up. Talking about them in the media ('Arry Redknapp) isn't classified as tapping up either. Tapping up is like A.Cole to Chavs, when he was having meetings with Maureen and co without Arsenal's permission about moving to Chelski.

Dear Steven,

Nasty injury, get well soon

Lots of Love

Sir Alex

xoxo

Not exactly tapping up now is it?

With Slur and the letter to Defour :

Defour, who admitted he was delighted to receive Ferguson's letter, was swift to point out that Manchester United had not attempted to contact him illegally and had sent their note to his club to pass onto him.

"One thing I should like to highlight is that Ferguson has followed his interest officially," Defour said. "He addressed the letter to Standard. I think the attention is great, but I do not want people think I am already at Manchester, which is no means the case.

Sir Alex Ferguson writes letter to Steven Defour to hint at Manchester United move | Manchester United - Times Online

Did he include a contract in that get well card?

People don't actually know what tapping up constitutes. It's when you approach a player about a move to your club, without permission from the player's club. A Christmas card, a get well card, a birthday card isn't tapping up. Talking about them in the media ('Arry Redknapp) isn't classified as tapping up either. Tapping up is like A.Cole to Chavs, when he was having meetings with Maureen and co without Arsenal's permission about moving to Chelski.

Dear Steven,

Nasty injury, get well soon

Lots of Love

Sir Alex

xoxo

Not exactly tapping up now is it?

It was a joke Gary