You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Officer Anubis from the Film Thread Police. This is a film thread, not a tv show thread. Consider it a warning this time, Mr Halewood, but any further indiscretions will result in prosecution.

It's a fair cop !!!

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

Officer Anubis from the Film Thread Police. This is a film thread, not a tv show thread. Consider it a warning this time, Mr Halewood, but any further indiscretions will result in prosecution.

For the record, his name is Halewood Pete. Ergo his formal TLW name is Mr. Pete. Don't you know nuffink about forum member naming conventions?

O Brother Where Art Thou - 9/10

Watched this at least 10 times and it's always great fun. It's a wonderfully crafted movie. My favourite Coen Brothers film which is high praise.

• Upvote 1

Just watched Oppenheimer. Absolutely flew by for a 3 hour movie. 9/10.

Compared to Killers of the Flower Moon, which was based on a subject I actually had more interest in, I couldn't even finish that one. 

20 hours ago, Elite said:

O Brother Where Art Thou - 9/10

Watched this at least 10 times and it's always great fun. It's a wonderfully crafted movie. My favourite Coen Brothers film which is high praise.

Watched this myself recently, excellent stuff 

The Beekeeper - absolutely laughable shite, but still Stath-tastic. 0/10 for the film itself and 10/10 for the Stathness, averaging out at 5/10 overall. 

American Fiction - entertaining satire on elements of racism politics in the US. 7/10

Past Lives - nice little semi-romantic thing. 7/10. 

Can’t remember whether I reviewed The Holdovers from a few weeks ago, but it’s ace. 8/10. 

Thirteen Lives - 8/10

They did a great job turning this miraculous rescue into a movie. Enthralling throughout. There can't be many anaesthetist, cave diving experts in the world. Maybe only one. Excellent film.

• Upvote 1

Perfect Days

Hirayama cleans public toilets in Tokyo. He's a solitary man who finds beauty in music, trees, colours, iced water.

We follow Hirayama through his days and his life as he encounters different people and situations and as he dreams, we ruminate.

A perfect antidote to modern life; simple, elegant, beautiful. Komorebi.

7.5/10

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Perfect Days

Hirayama cleans public toilets in Tokyo. He's a solitary man who finds beauty in music, trees, colours, iced water.

We follow Hirayama through his days and his life as he encounters different people and situations and as he dreams, we ruminate.

7.5/10

Is Statham in it ?

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Perfect Days

7.5/10

Like the look of that, is it on Kodi by chance? 

• Upvote 1

I finally got around to watching The Departed, which I recorded ages ago and I had ready for a time I needed to be distracted for 3 hours.

Not one of Marty's best, but enough tension and violence to keep me engaged throughout.  

On 14/03/2024 at 19:34, Mudface said:

Looking into getting to an IMax to see this again.

How it's only just creeping up to 500million global box office is beyond me, Denis Villeneuve's film just don't seem to hit with the average movie goer.

Not that 500 million is bad (or the 650 it's projected to end up at) but it's unlikely to end up around 800 to a a billion it should be.

On 04/03/2019 at 16:35, Bjornebye said:

Watched Bird Box the other night. It wasn't as bad as I've heard on here from people. Wasn't great either but I enjoyed it, glad I watched it. I won't watch it again like but I thought it was decent. 6.5/10 

I lied. We watched this again last night. I wanted something I could fall asleep to but ended up getting to the end. Seemed better than the first time around and Sandra Bullock is still absolutely stunning. John Malkovich is a decent weirdo in it as well. 7.5/10 

What did take me by surprise is my bird pointing out that the actress who plays Bullocks sister at the start (Sarah Poulsen 49) is in an 8 year relationship with 81 year old actress Holland Taylor! 

IMG_2596.jpeg

37 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

How it's only just creeping up to 500million global box office is beyond me, Denis Villeneuve's film just don't seem to hit with the average movie goer.

Not that 500 million is bad (or the 650 it's projected to end up at) but it's unlikely to end up around 800 to a a billion it should be.

I'm actually surprised it's that high, it's exceeded the first film already. I wonder if it being on Netflix for a while before the second part was released really gave it a push as I can't imagine you'd go to see it unless you saw the first part.

15 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Perfect Days

7.5/10

But is the camera angle appropriately low most of the time?

16 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Perfect Days

7.5/10

Sounds tough to wank to.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mudface said:

I'm actually surprised it's that high, it's exceeded the first film already. I wonder if it being on Netflix for a while before the second part was released really gave it a push as I can't imagine you'd go to see it unless you saw the first part.

Wasn't the first part released simultaneously in Cinema's and on streaming (Max?)