You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Knee jerk clowns.

Mark P

Don't agree with the thread title at all. I don't see why legitimate criticism of YET ANOTHER poor team performance has to be seen as knee-jerking.

If it was just one poor performance, then sure, that's knee-jerk. Ignoring a glorified friendly against a half-fit Chelsea side, this is our SEVENTH mediocre performance in a row, while it's three-and-a-half games since we even managed to find the back of the net.

I don't understand the people who deny that this is a disappointing start to the season. And all of us who tipped the Reds for the title before the season began (and especially those of us who put money on it :wallbutt:) are being made to look like fools. That's not something I appreciate at all.

Absolutely correct thread title!

Disappointing threads all around after a game where they took two shots at our goal one was a goal (hate to say this for the player but a genuis effort) another a lame free kick effort.

We dominated all around the park against a team comprising quality at their home ground.

People coming here and saying the best midfielder in the world (playing out of position) be sold IS ABSOLUTE KNEE JERK of the highest order.

Very Very disappointing threads and comments!! :no

This place was a fucking embarrassment yesterday. S'funny, most of the bile seemed to come from FNG's*, maybe we need a code of conduct posted on here or summat...

We were poor against the blueshite, but we played much more cohesively yesterday. Poor result, not a poor team. And slating individuals like Gerrard and Alonso is unbelievably stupid, given where we are in the season and their actual performances yesterday. Maybe we also need a guide on how to analyse football matches.

* Fuckin New Guy

Am I the only one who thought we didn't actually play that badly yesterday? We carved out some excellent chances, took the game to Chelsea and in turn restricted them to very few chances. The one chance they did score from was a piece of individual brilliance that no one would have predicted and was something we could do very little about.

We've now hit the woodwork four times in three games, if any one of those goes in we'd be looking at a very different start to the season and the shitstorm curently underway on here would be much reduced. Someone mentioned on a previous thread that we're not having much luck at the moment and I'm inclined to agree with that, hopefully things will turn around and we'll start banging them in again - starting on Wednesday night.

This place was a fucking embarrassment yesterday. S'funny, most of the bile seemed to come from FNG's*, maybe we need a code of conduct posted on here or summat...

We were poor against the blueshite, but we played much more cohesively yesterday. Poor result, not a poor team. And slating individuals like Gerrard and Alonso is unbelievably stupid, given where we are in the season and their actual performances yesterday. Maybe we also need a guide on how to analyse football matches.

* Fuckin New Guy

Spot on. I logged on here after the game and wondered if I'd been watching the wrong game all afternoon. The performance against the BS was poor but both PSV and yesterday showed we're getting there.

I think I read in an interview with CB just after he signed that it takes him a month or so to settle into a new team and he hoped the fans would be patient. Pennant was frustrating yesterday but he's still learning Rafa's game and, to some extent, he's still learning the Liverpool way as well. Kuyt will be like Crouchy was last year. Once he scores he'll not stop.

When this team clicks it's gonna be awesome. But it's gonna be a painfull test of faith for a few weeks. If we can tuck in the chasing pack until Xmas then let's talk about whether or not we can win the title. I predict we'll tonk Sheff Utd at home in Feb and go on an unbeaten run to the end of the season.

Spot on. I logged on here after the game and wondered if I'd been watching the wrong game all afternoon. The performance against the BS was poor but both PSV and yesterday showed we're getting there.

I think I read in an interview with CB just after he signed that it takes him a month or so to settle into a new team and he hoped the fans would be patient. Pennant was frustrating yesterday but he's still learning Rafa's game and, to some extent, he's still learning the Liverpool way as well. Kuyt will be like Crouchy was last year. Once he scores he'll not stop.

When this team clicks it's gonna be awesome. But it's gonna be a painfull test of faith for a few weeks. If we can tuck in the chasing pack until Xmas then let's talk about whether or not we can win the title. I predict we'll tonk Sheff Utd at home in Feb and go on an unbeaten run to the end of the season.

Has Carra lent him a copy, or does he subscribe (does The Emperor know?)

I was pissed off yesterday, but I am now looking forward to the Newcastle game. I thought we played OK but just didn't put our chances away. To suggest that our title chances are over is insane. We have only played 4 matches, and 3 of them away. It is frustrating that we cannot seem to score but I am sure this will change soon. We are capable of putting a good run together and I think we will soon start to win, and go up the table. I just think some people are so negative, does anyone really think that Portsmouth and Everton will stay were they are? We have had a slow start but you cannot judge the team so soon.

• 3 weeks later...

He's bang on though.

They don't want to be their and it is affecting their form. As a national team coach he wants to make sure his best players are playing in the best possible surroundings, it's his arse on the line if said players form drops and impacts the national team.

How exactly is it kneejerk?

Guest attacking_play
A lot of fuckers posting on here this afternoon/tonight fall into the above category.

yeah for sure, wholeheartedly agree.

He's bang on though.

They don't want to be their and it is affecting their form. As a national team coach he wants to make sure his best players are playing in the best possible surroundings, it's his arse on the line if said players form drops and impacts the national team.

How exactly is it kneejerk?

How long have they been in England? How do you know whether they want to be there? He feels it is better to play in the Serie B, than in the PL.

He is NOT bang on, he is another Sky fan, with absolutely no patience, whether he is the National coach or not. Knee-Jerk Clown.

Guest TK-421
yeah for sure, wholeheartedly agree.

Why are you commenting on Mark P's post which was written three weeks ago? You're slightly out of time/context on that one.

How long have they been in England? How do you know whether they want to be there? He feels it is better to play in the Serie B, than in the PL.

He is NOT bang on, he is another Sky fan, with absolutely no patience, whether he is the National coach or not. Knee-Jerk Clown.

I guess all that depends on your view of MSI and how much of a say you believe Mascherano and Tevez had in moving to West Ham.

And he is very much bang on.

Knee Jerk is just the latest buzzword picked up by any old 'clown' to dismiss somebodies oppinion.

Was Benitez being a kneejerk clown when he joined the club and almost immediately got rid of Murphy or was he using his own judgement and oppinions?

I guess all that depends on your view of MSI and how much of a say you believe Mascherano and Tevez had in moving to West Ham.

And he is very much bang on.

Knee Jerk is just the latest buzzword picked up by any old 'clown' to dismiss somebodies oppinion.

Was Benitez being a kneejerk clown when he joined the club and almost immediately got rid of Murphy or was he using his own judgement and oppinions?

How is he very much bang on? Better for Mascherano to play in Serie B than in the PL? Thats bollocks.

That it would be better to leave WH as soon as possible, because they aren't happy? The season is 8 games old, they didn't have any preseason with WH, they don't even speak English. Ofcourse it is going to take some time to get them integrated.

If you don't like the knee-jerk word, because it is the new buzzword, then I'll say it in another way. He is talking bollocks.

How is he very much bang on? Better for Mascherano to play in Serie B than in the PL? Thats bollocks.

That it would be better to leave WH as soon as possible, because they aren't happy? The season is 8 games old, they didn't have any preseason with WH, they don't even speak English. Ofcourse it is going to take some time to get them integrated.

If you don't like the knee-jerk word, because it is the new buzzword, then I'll say it in another way. He is talking bollocks.

You're going on about it only being 8 games into the season but the issue is why they're at West Ham not how long they are there.

If I was the manager of Argentina I'd be more interested in seeing my players playing at clubs they chose to join and they are happy to play for rather than the clubs that a consortium of busines men chose for them.

Having seen how the little London adventure has panned out so far I'm not shocked to see Basile respond to comments by Deschamp that Juve almost signed Mascherano.

Guest TK-421

If I was Alan Pardew I'd be pissed off. West Ham did brilliantly last season and all of the hard work is coming undone because of this.

I laugh though, because the West Ham fans were delirious with these signings going so far as to say things like "this will put us up there with a chance of competing with the big four". Well it doesn't look too clever now does it?

A close group of hungry young players has been disrupted by these arrivals. It's bad for the two Argentine players and bad for West Ham Utd.

Guest attacking_play

[quote name=crazy_pool_fan

People coming here and saying the best midfielder in the world (playing out of position) be sold IS ABSOLUTE KNEE JERK of the highest order.

[/quote]

Have to agree there, he's playing out of position.