You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alan Nixon? Hahaha. The Mirror is up there with the rag these days.

Why do people keep saying the owners will keep the money from any transfers? Firstly it's illegal, and secondly Rafa is in control of the transfers. If you mean the money gets swallowed up by the debts, then fair enough, but going into their own pockets - fail.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the BBC gossip website, the Mirror is today suggesting that the club has 'slapped' a transfer fee of 14m on the busy midfielder after receiving a few enquiries on his availability from 'top' European sides.

No idea how much we'd ask for Babel then.

OK, well, given the metric we're working with (ie Lucas is worth £14m) then I would suggest we put the following price-tag on Babel:

£6 billion, a tonne of diamonds, a smile from a pretty girl, the first-born child of every parent born within 10 miles of the buying club, plus all of the stars in our solar system.

Please address all offers by fax to Rick Parry.

The fact that I\'m reasonably articulate would suggest not!

I think it\'s also a bit rich for someone with about 20 different personae on here to start accusing others of impersonation. Momo!

Paranoid much?

It was a question not an accusation, hence the question mark.

As for our mate Wankar, he\'s very articulate, as well as being a self important rat, who twists everything regarding the club into a negative for his own agenda.

Fuck knows where I got the link from...

Paranoid much?

It was a question not an accusation, hence the question mark.

As for our mate Wankar, he\'s very articulate, as well as being a self important rat, who twists everything regarding the club into a negative for his own agenda.

Fuck knows where I got the link from...

He's not that articulate, Mo. In fact, he isn't articulate at all. Which is why he doesn't have a career as a journalist.

Did I mention he was a fucking cunt?

I haven't read all the posts so I'm sure this has been said before, but if Mascherano is possibly off to Barcelona or wherever, then Lucas is a must keep. The lad is improving and I would be happy enough if he continues this trend to keep him as the holding midfielder and Aquilani as the one who has a better range of passing and who gets forward a bit more.

We haven't seen enough of Aquilani to assume he will be good, but hopefully he will prove it in a red shirt. And Lucas still needs to grow as a player, but he is doing that right now, so he should be fine.

With the Mascher money we would have enough to buy one or two players for the team and overall we will hopefully improve. This assumes Rafa will get to spend the money.

As for Lucas being worth £14M, that sounds about right at this point. He is young, he can hold his own in the Prem, and he is starting to show that he is not altogether out of place at a top side.

Speaking of that gossip column, I've seen a couple of times now Rooney being linked with an 85m (!) move to Barca. Now that must be one of the most unintentionally hilarious stunts an agent has ever pulled. Even if he WERE worth more money than Cronaldo, there's no way Barca could afford that kind of cash.

Just sign that new contract and shut your agent up Wayne, it's just friggin embarassing.