You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the BBC gossip website, the Mirror is today suggesting that the club has 'slapped' a transfer fee of 14m on the busy midfielder after receiving a few enquiries on his availability from 'top' European sides.

No idea how much we'd ask for Babel then.

According to the BBC gossip website

end of thread. *

Although I would cash in!

His transfer market value has certainly gone up in the this year, but there's no way I get rid now as he's showing signs of turning into a really important player for us.

But 14 million would go a very long way in our serach for a quality striker in January.

And in any case when Aquilani is fully fit and firing, you still think Lucas will keep his starting place in the line up?

But 14 million would go a very long way in our serach for a quality striker in January.

And in any case when Aquilani is fully fit and firing, you still think Lucas will keep his starting place in the line up?

The chances of anybody letting a quality striker go in January are slim.

I don't think he'll keep his place, Masch/Aqua has the right sort of balance about it to me. But with one players injury record and the other's questionable desire to be here, then Lucas becomes an important player with his ability to come in for either first choice players.

To be honest, if it came to having to raise funds through the sale of a midfielder, I'd rather sell Masch for £30m, use roughly half for a replacement, the remainder for an attacker and keep hold of Lucas. We'd be stronger overall then.

I don't think he'll keep his place, Masch/Aqua has the right sort of balance about it to me. But with one players injury record and the other's questionable desire to be here, then Lucas becomes an important player with his ability to come in for either first choice players.

To be honest, if it came to having to raise funds through the sale of a midfielder, I'd rather sell Masch for £30m, use roughly half for a replacement, the remainder for an attacker and keep hold of Lucas. We'd be stronger overall then.

Like I already stated, its up to wherever Masch goes or stays. I think we need one of them of them to stay. To play them both though after Aquilanis is fit make no sense at all.

The fact some of our fans have done a U turn regarding Lucas

I'm happy to be one of them. He's proving the doubters wrong, I'm struggling to think of another player in recent times that has been poor for so long, and then started to show his true ability consistently at this club.

I'm happy to be one of them. He's proving the doubters wrong, I'm struggling to think of another player in recent times that has been poor for so long, and then started to show his true ability consistently at this club.

He's still not good enough to be a first teamer at Liverpool, but yeah, he's doing well for Lucas standards.

I know you mean at Liverpool, but Fletcher at the Mancs is a good example. He was very poor for quite a while and the fans wanted him out, yet he was a vital member of the sqaud that's won the last few titles. He got his confidence, found his form, and is noiw a really good player.

Some Liverpool fans can deny Lucas's progression all they want with comments like 'yeah, but it was against Birmingham' and other such rubbish, but Lucas played really well against Chelsea and the Mancs also. He is developing well with this run of games. When the board went up against Birmingham for him to come off, I was annoyed that it wasn't Mascherano coming off. Says a lot in my opinion.

I have always wanted Lucas to make that attacking transition, but sadly that hasnt came to pass, he is a destructive midfielder that keeps things tidy and simple and may yet improve even more.

14 million though in the position where we are at now would be very, very, very hard to tun down.

I would have to think twice about it.