You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RIP Liverpool v Wolves 10-9-22

Chip Butty

Scouse Twitter person shornKOOMINS made up a blag (I think?) story about Tony Cascarino ordering a Chinese takeaway which was delivered just as the news broke about the Queen’s death and then throwing it away as it didn’t seem right to eat it.

So, the Daily Mail…

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11196515/World-reveals-moment-Queen-died.html

3054E5EF-725B-4E74-94D2-6BA7DFD4D536.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Why did it take them so long to announce they were off when the queen has been at deaths door for ages, they must have already had plans drawn up. And why are other more upper class sports allowed to go ahead, like rugby union and horse racing?

Know your place, peasants.

42 minutes ago, Frank Dacey said:

Quite glad this is off; (a) because of how bad we currently are and (b) because we won't have to listen to the Wolves fans', bad at the best of times but likely to be intolerable tomorrow with frequent renditions of the national anthem on top of their usual 'banter'.

Yep. If it went ahead, it would be with a minute's silence, which would not be well observed - leading to more cunts flinging shit at our fans. Also, let's work on getting Hendo, Jones and Konaté fit and getting everyone else back into some sort of form.

One of Mrs O'T's mates from work is coming down for the weekend, so this means I'll get to spend more time with them; I'm not sure yet whether or not that's a good thing.

Next fixtures:

Ajax h

Chelsea a

Brighton h

Rangers h

Arsenal a

Rangers a

Man City a

WHam h

If the Chelsea game goes off next weekend, which looks likely given the police presence required in London for the funeral, the next game after Ajax is Oct 1st. 

These will most likely go away for international duty after next weekend: 

Alisson Trent Virgil Robertson Tsimikas Fabinho Salah Jota Nunez and Diaz with maybe Jones, Carvalho and Elliott with underage teams.

Hopefully it gives Kelleher Matip Konate Ramsay Henderson Thiago Arthur and Bobby a chance to get fit and firing and maybe give the others a rest or time to improve fitness (whatever the issue is) on their return in October. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Mark M said:

They didnt cancel the great north run and there's Jornos saying thats the right call.... Be interesting to see if they call off matches again when the funeral is on.

Last time I did the Great North Run, I did it at a solemn funereal pace, in anticipation of this day.

• Upvote 1

Not sure I agree that if the game had gone ahead tomorrow, any tribute to the Queen would have been disrupted. We're better than that, arent we and when games start, there will be some rememberance before our home game kick's off?

I dont blame The Queen for any slowness on her part over the Hillsborough disaster. All that was orchestrated by Thatcher and her henchmen who Ive no doubt, peddled the 'hoolies caused it Ma'am' agenda. Besides, my dear Ma used to say if you can say anything good about someone when they died, keep yer trap shut.

Anyhoo, I think this break gives us a chance to recouperate, recover, take stock whatever you want to call it and, address the clear problems with the team right now.

35 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Hopefully it gives Kelleher Matip Konate Ramsay Henderson Thiago Arthur and Bobby a chance to get fit and firing and maybe give the others a rest or time to improve fitness (whatever the issue is) on their return in October. 

Keita might also have a chance of being fit…

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Reckoner said:

Why did it take them so long to announce they were off when the queen has been at deaths door for ages, they must have already had plans drawn up. And why are other more upper class sports allowed to go ahead, like rugby union and horse racing?

Know your place, peasants.

It wasn't a government decision. This was the FA. 

And look at this, the cheeky cunts. Who are they to dictate if people want a kick around? Forced respect is no respect. 

https://twitter.com/BusinessHouses2/status/1568196597401387009?t=-xQsqSraz6dDZBXJ3_aF7Q&s=09

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Yes it would Crouchy…

95361510-C3CC-444F-8551-EE9B8E6A9445.jpeg

You and Crouch are crazy to even suggest such a rational approach. You should be both shot at dawn outside Buckingham Palace whilst leaving the rest of us to wear black and cry uncontrollably behind our drawn curtains.

1 hour ago, Mark M said:

They didnt cancel the great north run and there's Jornos saying thats the right call.... Be interesting to see if they call off matches again when the funeral is on.

Buckingham Palaces has only requested that games be cancelled the day of the funeral. 

The funeral is meant to be 10 days after she died. Depending on whether they count yesterday or today as Day 1, that’s next Saturday or Sunday.

If it’s on the weekend, surely all games will be cancelled again? 

Then there is the issue over potential lack of policing. London will be absolutely rammed with cry babies sending her off. 

I hope the funeral is Friday 16th or Monday 19th. Leaves the football alone, gets a day off work. 

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Buckingham Palaces has only requested that games be cancelled the day of the funeral. 

The funeral is meant to be 10 days after she died. Depending on whether they count yesterday or today as Day 1, that’s next Saturday or Sunday.

If it’s on the weekend, surely all games will be cancelled again? 

The echo were speculating we won't play a PL game for a month. Although that could be them clickbaiting as they do. 

3 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

You and Crouch are crazy to even suggest such a rational approach. You should be both shot at dawn outside Buckingham Palace whilst leaving the rest of us to wear black and cry uncontrollably behind our drawn curtains.

Clearly I’m a treasonous traitor. How dare life go on as normal. 

I’m actually fine with postponements around the funeral, doing tomorrow is stupid beyond belief.