You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Small pleasures?

Section_31

My 82 year old Gran lives a few miles from where I work. Every wednesday lunchtime I call in and she makes me a big fry up. I dont want her going to the trouble but she loves to fuss over me and enjoys the company.

I get out of the boring lunchtime shite talk in work and get to see my Gran and get a great feed in the bargain.

Heading there now in a bit.

• Upvote 5

My 82 year old Gran lives a few miles from where I work. Every wednesday lunchtime I call in and she makes me a big fry up. I dont want her going to the trouble but she loves to fuss over me and enjoys the company.

I get out of the boring lunchtime shite talk in work and get to see my Gran and get a great feed in the bargain.

Win Win, I'd say

• Upvote 1

Now? Or in a bit?

Who's coat is that jacket?

And here's another one...

Its just started snowing. I have a childlike fascination of/with snow. 

Its been forecast but they seem to massively over-predict these things so I wasnt expecting anything til later anyway but here I am sat in my comfy chair and I look up and its starting to snow.

And I'm immediately back in the classroom as a kid when the first person notices its starting to snow and shouts it out to the class and nothing gets done til break time because everyone's so excited.

Please let it lie

Does your heart sink when it stops too?

This.

I love snow. Haven't seen any for years though, we don't get it here. It only snows on low ground further south on the South Island, and only on the mountains on the North Island where I am.

This.

I love snow. Haven't seen any for years though, we don't get it here. It only snows on low ground further south on the South Island, and only on the mountains on the North Island where I am.

I checked with my daughter when she got in from school. I asked when she noticed the snow. 'When someone shouted it out in the class', she said. So for all the stuff kids have now and however grown up and cool they might think they are they still love snow like we did

• Upvote 1

Haggis.  I've been eating one every couple of weeks since before Christmas.  No neeps or tatties.  A sweetcorn, green beans and asparagus.  Lovely.  

Oh yeh, defo love haggis.

Gets a bit dry at times so prefer it with a bit of gravy and brown sauce instead of the old neeps and tatties. Delicious stuff though.