You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

I don think a politician in my lifetime has had so much vitriol thrown at him since he became elected , I wouldn't mind if it was just his policies but it's the constant personal attacks on him, it just shows how powerful the media tool can be when they are terrified of you of even getting a sniff of being in power .

I mean fuck me I read a part of an interview with Rick Astley the other day (I was having a dump and you have to read something)who was slagging him off because he wears sandals, yet Cameron can not only spilt and divide a whole country like no one before and then also stick his dick in a pigs head and nothing.

I think the guardian role out comment pieces from across the left. There's no doubt they've shifted this last 10 days, but I think before that they were reasonably supportive.

Sorry, Barry, but the Guardian have undermined him from the moment his candidacy for the leadership gained traction. They took so much shit they'd print the occasional supportive piece, but largely they've looked to undermine him.

That is true.  I usually grab the Mirror just for mong reading on the tram because it's only a 20 minute journey and I'm half asleep when I get on it, so all I'm looking for is some made up footy news and a vague indication of what may have happened in the worldt he previous day, b ut I read quite a bit of the Guardian online and I'm struggling to remember ever seeing a truly supportive piece about Corbyn on there.

The Mirror was actually broadly supportive of him, or at least in no way openly hostile, until recently.

And it makes sense for the Guardian. They've got the most to lose. They've carved out their niche as the left edge of what is acceptable political and economic discourse, and Corbyn challenges that.

It doesn't mean you don't get the odd decent political article there from the likes of Monbiot, but in the main it's just tedious Liberal, latte drinking, lentil eating, shite. Promoting eating organic mung beans, and recycling your Kombucha bottles but, please, whatever you do, leave the economic system well alone. We wouldn't want Polly Cuntbee to only be able to visit her Tuscan mansion six times a year.

It's not just about the politics they represent, but the complete lack of quality writing. You read some of the articles and wonder why anyone, anywhere, decided that it warranted being published. The musings of the rich cunt flatmate from Uni.

Not that I read a great deal of any of the mainstream papers, but I tend to find the odd decent article is actually found in the Mail or the Telegraph. They're written usually by proper conservatives (small c) that are utterly dismayed by the lack of intelligence, knowledge, and integrity of the vast majority of politicians for both of the main parties. 

• Upvote 2

The veil has been lifted on the whole political class to reveal a vipers nest of avaricious self serving cunts . Murdoch and his ilk are the ringmasters of this grotesque parody of democracy whilst in the background the country is in flames . All this played out to a deafening rendition of  " The Road to Hell" .

• Upvote 3

The veil has been lifted on the whole political class to reveal a vipers nest of avaricious self serving cunts . Murdoch and his ilk are the ringmasters of this grotesque parody of democracy whilst in the background the country is in flames . All this played out to a deafening rendition of  " The Road to Hell" .

Nicely written Magicrat, is that one of yours ?

And it makes sense for the Guardian. They've got the most to lose. They've carved out their niche as the left edge of what is acceptable political and economic discourse, and Corbyn challenges that.

It doesn't mean you don't get the odd decent political article there from the likes of Monbiot, but in the main it's just tedious Liberal, latte drinking, lentil eating, shite. Promoting eating organic mung beans, and recycling your Kombucha bottles but, please, whatever you do, leave the economic system well alone. We wouldn't want Polly Cuntbee to only be able to visit her Tuscan mansion six times a year.

It's not just about the politics they represent, but the complete lack of quality writing. You read some of the articles and wonder why anyone, anywhere, decided that it warranted being published. The musings of the rich cunt flatmate from Uni.

Not that I read a great deal of any of the mainstream papers, but I tend to find the odd decent article is actually found in the Mail or the Telegraph. They're written usually by proper conservatives (small c) that are utterly dismayed by the lack of intelligence, knowledge, and integrity of the vast majority of politicians for both of the main parties.

Lentils are way too nice to be associated with The Guardian. They can fuck off and find some other food.

What is the left wing press nowadays? Genuine question, probably just the Mirror and The Guardian that can be classed as that? I'm sure some right wingers would class the BBC as left wing but that can no longer be called correct, if it ever was.

A fundamental problem for Corbyn I feel is that he holds the press in disdain ( which is fair enough ) and won't really engage with them but most people don't get their news from alternate sources they get them from papers and their websites or the news at ten. They've got no interest in him and he's got no interest in them so his message is only really getting out to people who already support him and already share his views.

I think ITV news have been (relatively speaking) reasonably fair. Channel 4 news are almost supporters....

I get the Mirror a few times a week & it was quite amusing one day towards the end of last week there was an edition that avoided mentioning the Labour kerfuffle completely. I just assumed I had missed it's coverage & looked again but bar one line at the end of an opinion piece on the Tories by Kevin Maguire there was nothing.

Very limited mention on Saturday except for Brian Reade positive for Corbyn & Fiona Phillips negative on Corbyn.

I get the feeling they are getting splinters in their corporate arse waiting for the outcome.

I've just watched News At Ten & their political editor said the plotters are now looking at Wednesday as their key day as they think Corbyn may step down once he has had a go at the despatch box re Chilcott. Seems a bit of an odd supposition to me.

The stupid, selfish fucks. They are destroying the party, not Momentum, who are apparently "a party within a party", and "the new Militant." Since when did Momentum at any stage become anything remotely like trots for fuck's sake? Absolutely mad, and reeks of an agenda. Maybe the Fabian Society fed them that propagandistic shite to spew because they feared losing their control of the party to the unclean masses.

If Momentum and Militant are "a party within a party", then surely the Fabian drones are as well? Why don't they get called out for it too?

If they got behind Corbyn and did their jobs, Labour could actually stand a good chance of sorting this country out in a big way. Fucking disgraceful.

• Upvote 1