You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

• 2 weeks later...

finding a nice little spot that's never used as safe place to leave your bike, behind your club pub or whatever, then some one else sees it and thinks yes what a good little spot and starts putting there bike there, makes me feel like smashing their bike to bits with a hammer. 

aholes who blurt out the score of a game you have recorded, but haven't watched yet

There was a Fast Show sketch where a group of fellas are getting ready to watch the match highlights in the pub having gone to a lot of trouble to avoid learning the score beforehand, when the "I'll get me coat" guy walks in all happy and yelling "3-2, 3-2, 3-2!" He looks at everyone staring at him then legs it.

Shaving the bottom of my sideys, it takes me so long to get them even, I can only conclude that my head is squint.

Was having this conversation with my barber, wanker then told me you can't 'cut' your sideys by your ears as they're not even.

36 fucking years it took to learn that. Prick has been cutting my hair for 17 years and never told me this before.

"Do you need any help with your packing?"

"Are you collecting vouchers for school?"

"Would you like to purchase a Sports Relief scratch card?"

"Can I interest you in any of our special offers?"

"Do you have a nectar card?"

And on and on and on it fucking goes. Probably part of the effort to get everyone using self-service tills. Hate it when they start trying to engage in small talk, too. Just scan my shit and take the fucking money.

• Upvote 4

Guardian webchat with Gemma Arteton and the comments are pathetic, childish and naive the first one is Do you suck cock? I mean for fucks sake she is a beautiful intelligent, heterosexual adult woman of course she sucks cock, waste of a question, say will you suck my cock or will you make a sex tape you sexy cow.

• Upvote 4

"Do you need any help with your packing?"

"Are you collecting vouchers for school?"

"Would you like to purchase a Sports Relief scratch card?"

"Can I interest you in any of our special offers?"

"Do you have a nectar card?"

And on and on and on it fucking goes. Probably part of the effort to get everyone using self-service tills. Hate it when they start trying to engage in small talk, too. Just scan my shit and take the fucking money.

You missed my personal favourite, 'What kind of day are you having?'

That said, I feel sorry for them having to regurgitate this shit

Are you not tempted to invent some terrible tragedy? A bit like that urge to jump off exposed places, I've resisted so far

I've not gone quite that far, but there have been several, "Well, I'm an insomniac and have probably slept for about three of the last 48 hours, I received a £100 fine from HMRC this morning, and I've spent the last 40 minutes in a queue in Tesco", or similar.

"I've got gangrene and today is the day both legs go" may produce more interesting reactions admittedly.

You missed my personal favourite, 'What kind of day are you having?'

That said, I feel sorry for them having to regurgitate this shit

because I am a soft bastard and sympahise with previous gutlessness that allows this insincere shite to manifest itself- i try to turn the question round for someone else to let off some steam Bennett. the responses can be entertaining

Are you not tempted to invent some terrible tragedy? A bit like that urge to jump off exposed places, I've resisted so far

Some years ago some woman told me to 'cheer up as it might never happen'. To which I replied. Yeah sorry, it was my mums funeral yesterday'. Judging by her reaction for the 15 minutes that followed, she'll think twice before she comes out with that pearl of wisdom again.