You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Suarez Bite

Red Banjo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was never much point in any appeal. We never stood a chance of winning it. As magic rat says the whole country was baying for blood, not just the mancs and chelski, but all the other mongs from small time clubs. There is the other matter of Luis being a Uruguayan and not an England international. I would love if our lads pulled out of a few England squads in protest.

I watched the game in a pub in Amsterdam, while on a stag. The Dutch thought it was hilarious, as did the Irish stag party across from us. Nearly every English fella in there bar any Reds were calling for him to be kicked out of English football.

Club is ran by fucking cowards, fucking fuming.

That's no longer open for discussion. The club have publicly told us they think this is unfair, only to not contest the ban in the only arena that matters. That is a textbook, open and shut, definition of cowardice.

Guest San Don
Where did I say that? Suarez has been banned for 10 games because the FA are cunts, not as a result of any affiliation with Manchester United.

I could have sworn you wrote

If we were up there competing for and winning league titles then no one would give a fuck.

Like I said, very naive.

It's either a lack of balls.

Or selling.

I now think the latter.

Which also happens to conveniently facilitate the former.

Sad.

All round.

I'm not buying the "it was up to Suarez to appeal" stance.

To say you wouldn't be influencing your best player, heavily, in a situation like this is totally implausible to me.

As expected.

Really is no point trying to argue your case against a clearly biased bunch of dinosaurs and expecting a hopeful result.

More hope of getting Stevie Wonder to give you driving lessons.

Hopefully clubs will start to put pressure on the FA to sort out their rules and regulations on ban lengths for certain offences so that there can no longer be any grey areas. If something good is to come from this, let's hope that's it.

In my opinion this is not anyone accepting the ban as much as it is FSG refusing to fund a legal defence for a player they have already decided to sell.

It could be that they feel the club has little or no chance of holding on to the player when teams that can offer Champions League football come calling this summer.

Guest San Don
I think this is to do with selling him. We could get away with arguing his value is retained if he only misses 6 games for his new club, but any more than that and it would start to affect his value.

I think this has legs. With 4 games served this season, its 'only' 6 games into next season so, any buying club wont miss him for too long.

But, Im not going to be calling the club on this. I wouldnt be surprised if the player has said he wants to move on so dont bother appealling.

They may as well charge Rodgers and Reina for their remarks yesterday and make the humiliation complete.

And Sir John Smith's spirit howls in anguish at what we have become.

"We're a very modest club. We don't talk. We don't boast."

Thesedays, every reason to be modest.

We talk when we shouldn't and don't when we should.

And we definitely have nothing to boast about.

Sir John's wonderful sentiment is twisted beyond recognition, isn't it?

Guest San Don
I'm assuming the club got a copy of the report? Strange that nothing's been leaked as to the reasons if they have.

Yes, they got it by 6pm last night.