You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

1 hour ago, Juniper said:

The Invisible Man 

Quite enjoyed that, a modern take on the classic story.

Woman flees abusive partner, he stalks her and wants to destroy her life. More of a thriller than a horror but I thought it was pretty decent. 

7 slashed throats out of 10.

Cracking film that, really clever idea to change the format and it worked well.

The Two Pope's - Netflix biographical drama set in the Vatican charting the rise of Pope Francis. Very good, I'll watch again as it is a pretty deep story. 8/10.

It never occurred to me that at the end of Predator 2, one of the multiple creatures that confronted Danny Glover's character gave him a gun from the 1700s. It was an acknowledgement that their Predator had been defeated and a prize was offered.

How much potential would a predator movie set in the Wild Wild West have - Spaghetti Western with a Predator running amok.

On 16/08/2020 at 06:13, sir roger said:

Wind River on Film 4

Very strong performances from Jeremy Renner and Elizabeth Olsen in a thoughtful tale about the hunt for the killer of a native American girl in Wyoming 8/10.

Excellent film, great acting. Mind boggling scenery. Thanks for drawing my attention to it.

I've heard that Renner is an arsehole but he is a superb actor.

8/10

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

It never occurred to me that at the end of Predator 2, one of the multiple creatures that confronted Danny Glover's character gave him a gun from the 1700s. It was an acknowledgement that their Predator had been defeated and a prize was offered.

How much potential would a predator movie set in the Wild Wild West have - Spaghetti Western with a Predator running amok.

There’s a comic that tells the story of how that predator acquired it which is good. 

Watched A Simple Favor with the missus on Netflix last night.

The first 10 minutes were so bad that we very nearly turned it off, and probably would have if we could have been arsed looking for something else.

It's a weirdly toned slight comedy noir by the fella who did Bridesmaids and the female Ghostbusters.  It's not funny and the mystery/twisty stuff isn't developed enough either.

Anna Kendrick plays her usual annoying Anna Kendrick character, Blake Lively is the one redeeming feature as the femme fatale. 

4/10

On 22/08/2020 at 21:55, Colonel Kurtz said:

Took the kids to see Pinocchio. Its a dubbed Italian production with real actors rather than animation. Its very fucking odd and a bit disturbing for kids. At one point they hang him from a tree and are waiting for him to "stop twitching". Try explaining that to an 8 year old. Not recommended. 

Who played the whale ?

33 minutes ago, Pete said:

Stumbled across Big on Disney + yesterday.

Great film. Too me back to a more innocent time in my life. And I still have my crush on Elizabeth Perkins. 

8.5/10

I watched that on Disney+ this weekend and I do not remember the f-bomb in it before. Made me question if I'd been watching an edited version all these years.

4 hours ago, RedKnight said:

I watched that on Disney+ this weekend and I do not remember the f-bomb in it before. Made me question if I'd been watching an edited version all these years.

Yeah. I noticed that too. Didn’t recall there ever being swearing in it. 

Toni Erdmann

Recommended by Bruce Spanner, this German comedy is set in Romania and is as weird a fucking mess as I've seen in a  very long time.

Demented estranged dad tries to reconcile with high flying daughter by dressing up in dodgy wigs and false teeth and going for a shit in the woods.

Naked team builds and The Greatest Love of All, but Randy Watson and Sexual Chocolate did it so much better.

3 fucking hours Spanner, 3!!!

3/10 Fen Kodi Real Debrid

FML

• Upvote 1

John Was Trying To Contact Aliens 

It's a short documentary about John who spent 30 years trying to contact aliens by building equipment to play music to them. Somewhere out there, in infinity, some alien is in for a treat with a load of Can, Sun Ra and Fela Kuti heading their way. 

It's around 2 hours and 45 minutes shorter than Toni Erdmann. 

Underwater 8/10

Really enjoyed that. Rented it for less than £2 on Amazon video and a great bargain as it was a decent watch. Heavily borrows off Alien but set in deep sea on the ocean floor.

Really enjoying enjoyed it and Kirsten Stewart was really good as the lead.

Cant be bothered going all Barry Norman and typing more so I'm going to finish this review now with a full stop. 

Underwater 8/10

Really enjoyed that. Rented it for less than £2 on Amazon video and a great bargain as it was a decent watch. Heavily borrows off Alien but set in deep sea on the ocean floor.

Cant be bothered going all Barry Norman and typing more so I'm going to finish this review now with a full stop. 

and why not

Underwater 8/10

I’ve been accused of being secretly gay because I think Kristen Stewart is an absolute corker but others think she looks like a boy. I think they’re mad, it’s like when they were saying the same thing because I fancied that really fit girl who’s the lead singer of Placebo. 

• Upvote 2

Apocalypse Now the redux version which I at the time didn’t realise that was what BBC were showing ....Proves that maybe film Studios are right when they don’t let directors especially Coppola run amok with their vanity projects. The French plantation scene just totally slows the whole film down and is pretty pointless to be honest other than that it’s still obviously a classic.

Actually also never realised Laurence Fishburne was in it playing Tyrone Clean 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Geoff Woade said:

I’ve been accused of being secretly gay because I think Kristen Stewart is an absolute corker but others think she looks like a boy. I think they’re mad, it’s like when they were saying the same thing because I fancied that really fit girl who’s the lead singer of Placebo. 

Yep you are definitely a raging home.

Oh and shit taste in movies too