You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid (H) - CL Round of 16 1st leg, Tue 21st Feb 2023 (8:00pm)

Trumo

Frustrating. Felt like we completely had them on the ropes and then threw it away. In fairness this seemed to be what Madrid did in every single round last year too. Every single team they beat had big early leads and opportunities to go even further in front before letting them back into it. I'm not sure if it's poor from the opposition, great from Madrid, or just incredible luck. Maybe  a combination of all 3.  Their first goal just seemed to come from nothing and I'm not sure we did too much wrong. Alisson's been incredible this year but that was really bad from him for the 2nd. It just never looked like the pass he tried was ever on. We've played some cracking stuff going forward and there are potentially more goals here but it's also hard to see us not conceding again. That was an incredible bit of defending from Robertson at the end. Had they scored again at that point then I think this tie could have completely got away from us. As it is, halftime maybe came at a good point for us. It's an opportunity to clear our heads now and go again.

6 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Sometimes you've got to just enjoy football, he's a pearl, you tell your kids you watched him. 

I’m too old for kids, and never wanted any, but will happily sponsor someone else’s if they’re capable of running on the pitch tonight and two-footing him.

3 minutes ago, niallers said:

I'd rather it be 1all than 2. Allison did that twice against wolves in the cup game and conceded 1, both on his right side. He obviously has a weakness in that area trying to pass out to the right. 

Fuck sake. 2 up and cruising. 

They're beating our press and countering well but when they bring it up the pitch, we're dropping way too deep. They muller us over there if we employ those tactics. 

Only after it really died off. They scored and I think our front three started dropping deeper. Wrong decision