You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

On 20/10/2022 at 08:31, Anubis said:

Frank’s whole game plan appears to be predicated on defending for a nil nil for 90 minutes and desperately hoping that Gordon, Iwobi or Gray pull something out of the bag.

It all goes back to getting beat by us. They expected to get fucked that day and got away with being the first team ever to not score, concede 2 goals and still win. Since that day, his game plan has been the same, let's see how long we can stay in the game and hope we jam one. 

Sadly that might be enough. 

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Not much different then the other 12 teams around them tbh.

Still early-ish days, but based on what teams have shown so far, I reckon the ones in red will be in trouble in the Spring; the ones in orange might be in trouble, but have the potential to make themselves safe in good time; and the ones in green will be fine.

IMG_20221022_010534.jpg

7 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Still early-ish days, but based on what teams have shown so far, I reckon the ones in red will be in trouble in the Spring; the ones in orange might be in trouble, but have the potential to make themselves safe in good time; and the ones in green will be fine.

IMG_20221022_010534.jpg

Agree with pretty much all of this. Maybe would have put green on Leicester, think they’ve got too much talent in their squad to go down. 

12 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

It all goes back to getting beat by us. They expected to get fucked that day and got away with being the first team ever to not score, concede 2 goals and still win. Since that day, his game plan has been the same, let's see how long we can stay in the game and hope we jam one. 

Sadly that might be enough. 

Nil-Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Agree with pretty much all of this. Maybe would have put green on Leicester, think they’ve got too much talent in their squad to go down. 

I’m not sure how Leeds get orange and a Everton red, personally.

On a players level, both have got an ok bunch without anyone you’d really say stands out as a relegation saver on their own. Both have got managers you wouldn’t bet on. And both struggle to score goals.

Wolves are in proper trouble if they can’t find goals too. 5 scored so far is abysmal.

9 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

IMG_20221022_010534.jpg

Everton in red. Perfect. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, an tha said:

I hate saying it but i just don't see how the shite are any worse than Villa, Bournemouth, Leeds and Southampton for starters.

I'd be made up to be wrong - but I just can't see them dropping this season.

Villa will get a new manager bounce and Southampton are just better than them.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

I hate saying it but i just don't see how the shite are any worse than Villa, Bournemouth, Leeds and Southampton for starters.

I'd be made up to be wrong - but I just can't see them dropping this season.

A bad manager can take any team down. Luckily the fans seem to be invested in Lampard and his project build.

5 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Everton always have this ability to be shit for ages and be hovering round the trap door. They then win a game and magically go up to 12th and then their fans start going on about getting into Europe. 

Wish they would stay down there and just fuck off.

Sounds a bit like us this season

9 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

All cancelling their £1 Athletic subscription because a Kopite journalist wrote an article about Bramley Moore Dock being named after a slave trader. Apparently its because we're all jealous of their new stadium. 

Hahaha. It's like they don't realise it's named after a slave trader!