You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa on Football Focus

tea

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it a fry up then? Questionable.

What are the minimum contents?

Indisputable

Beans

Sausage

Bacon

Egg

then we get in contentious territory...

Back Pudding

Mushrooms

Fried Bread

Hash Browns

Toast

Tomatoes

then there's the exotic...

gammon

truffle

potato waffles

WTF is this shit? Beans are indisputable but mushrooms and fried bread are contentious? What parallel universe do you and your bean-fancying cronies inhabit? There's kind of a clue to your sheer fucking wrongness in the fact that two of those items are fried and one isn't. The only liquid components of a fry up are runny egg yolk and HP sauce.

It's interesting that you mentioned gammon though, not because it has any place on a fry-up mind you, but because there's another great debate to be had there - top it with a fried egg or pineapple? Best save that for another day though, oddities like you probably put some wacky shit like pickled herrings on it.

Guest ShoePiss
WTF is this shit? Beans are indisputable but mushrooms and fried bread are contentious? What parallel universe do you and your bean-fancying cronies inhabit? There's kind of a clue to your sheer fucking wrongness in the fact that two of those items are fried and one isn't. The only liquid components of a fry up are runny egg yolk and HP sauce.

It's interesting that you mentioned gammon though, not because it has any place on a fry-up mind you, but because there's another great debate to be had there - top it with a fried egg or pineapple? Best save that for another day though, oddities like you probably put some wacky shit like pickled herrings on it.

No way, this is exactly the place to kick off gammon and egg versus gammon and pineapple. Eggs for me every time.

I don't like stringvest's list either, not because of the beans but due to mushrooms being down the pecking order. Along with blackpudding they really make the fry up such a winner.

Beans are in the same category as plum tomatoes and on any given day my choice could be one or the other. I went to an English pub the other day for brekkie and they had both! I needed a spoon there was so much fluid on the plate.

No way, this is exactly the place to kick off gammon and egg versus gammon and pineapple. Eggs for me every time.

I don't like stringvest's list either, not because of the beans but due to mushrooms being down the pecking order. Along with blackpudding they really make the fry up such a winner.

Beans are in the same category as plum tomatoes and on any given day my choice could be one or the other. I went to an English pub the other day for brekkie and they had both! I needed a spoon there was so much fluid on the plate.

Look, all I was pointing out were the areas of contention - not my preference, which is outlined in the post above this.

Gammon is just wrong.

Frying beans is the way forward.

Guest ShoePiss
Look, all I was pointing out were the areas of contention - not my preference, which is outlined in the post above this.

I think that's a breakfast to be proud of stringvest.

Guest ShoePiss
Gammon is just wrong.

Frying beans is the way forward.

How do you fry beans that are in a tomato sauce?

I have refried beans all the time but it's really not the same thing.

4678559862_a63899a787.jpg

No...

No, no, no. No,no,no,nononono...

No.

I'm sorry, that won't do.

I'm a bean-eater myself, unashamed, I love me a forkful of the tasty morsels, but look at what you've got going on there. Beans are occupying about 40% of the overall plate real estate -- that is at LEAST ten kinds of wrong. They're flowing over onto everything else, taking over the breakfast in a totally insidious manner. You've even got beans ON TOP of your fried tomato! Fuck off with that shit, right now. Look at that poor little sausage, squeezed out of its rightful place and wedged, damp with sauce, up against its porcine neighbour.

I get that people feel the need to prove a point in the great bean-off, but beans are a minor complement to the fried breakfast. They aren't the whole motherfucking point of it.

Guest ShoePiss
No...

No, no, no. No,no,no,nononono...

No.

I'm sorry, that won't do.

I'm a bean-eater myself, unashamed, I love me a forkful of the tasty morsels, but look at what you've got going on there. Beans are occupying about 40% of the overall plate real estate -- that is at LEAST ten kinds of wrong. They're flowing over onto everything else, taking over the breakfast in a totally insidious manner. You've even got beans ON TOP of your fried tomato! Fuck off with that shit, right now. Look at that poor little sausage, squeezed out of its rightful place and wedged, damp with sauce, up against its porcine neighbour.

I get that people feel the need to prove a point in the great bean-off, but beans are a minor complement to the fried breakfast. They aren't the whole motherfucking point of it.

Brilliant.

Plate real estate is of paramount importance and leads me to the Sunday Dinner, why do people insist on those large tasteless yorkshire puddings taking up valuable roastie real estate?

This thread just proves that he should never come back. None of this shite with Kenny in charge.

No. What this thread (and many others like it) proves is that there are a few "fans" who have no business associating themselves with the Liverpool way (the concept, not the site).

The Liverpool way is about supporting the team, and supporting the manager. And appreciating the efforts of all past servants of the club who did their best.

(here, club = team & fans, not the 2 thieves and their board)

Rafa got a lot of abuse from outside the club. Par for the course for a Liverpool manager. But comparing some of the absolute shit he got with what Roy Evans and Kenny got, makes it plain that there was something more than just anti-Liverpool sentiments behind it.

Anyway, thats from outside the club. Batton down the hatches and full steam ahead.

Whats absolutely UNFORGIVEABLE is that there were some dickheads WITHIN the club (club = team & fans) who were also giving him shit, during his tenure.

Shit != disagreeing with or arguing over some of his decisions.

Shit = disgraceful abuse, and OUTRIGHT LYING about what he was doing. And at times, peddling FALSE GOSSIP in as malicious a way as possible (I still remember the whole "Rafa is Hick's stooge" bollocks with a wry smile!)

Those who did this DISGRACED themselves. And by continuing to be allowed to associate with Liverpool, they have by association DISGRACED the rest of the Liverpool support.

The fact that you and your lot still give the man shit AFTER he's gone shows just how irrational and deep-seated your hatred is for the man.

The fact that I can still get fucking angry 6 months after he's left, by reading your shit - shows that the presence of DISGRACE'S like you still pisses me off to the nth degree.

Well, get this. You, Hermes, Tom and the rest of you fucking backstabbers. Once a backstabber, always a backstabber. So please shut the fuck up with your proclamations of support for Kenny. Because we all know where that will lead, with your track record.

So to directly answer your quote above. There will be no more of this shit once backstabbing liars are distanced from the majority of the support, cause who will give a shit what you say then.

Brilliant.

Plate real estate is of paramount importance and leads me to the Sunday Dinner, why do people insist on those large tasteless yorkshire puddings taking up valuable roastie real estate?

An interesting problem is a yorkshire pud. They deserve to be there, I don't dispute that, but taste for them varies and they take up so much space... Sure, you can plop the fucker down on top of other components when serving, but sooner or later you're going to want to get at whats underneath and its not like you're going to eat a whole great big buggering pudding before getting a single taste of tatties, meat, or anything else.

Imperfect, but one solution is to provide each diner with a side-plate whereto the yorkshire can be removed at commencement and the vacated territory be filled up with seconds of roasties, mash, carrots, etc., according to each man's preference.

No. What this thread (and many others like it) proves is that there are a few "fans" who have no business associating themselves with the Liverpool way (the concept, not the site).

The Liverpool way is about supporting the team, and supporting the manager. And appreciating the efforts of all past servants of the club who did their best.

(here, club = team & fans, not the 2 thieves and their board)

Rafa got a lot of abuse from outside the club. Par for the course for a Liverpool manager. But comparing some of the absolute shit he got with what Roy Evans and Kenny got, makes it plain that there was something more than just anti-Liverpool sentiments behind it.

Anyway, thats from outside the club. Batton down the hatches and full steam ahead.

Whats absolutely UNFORGIVEABLE is that there were some dickheads WITHIN the club (club = team & fans) who were also giving him shit, during his tenure.

Shit != disagreeing with or arguing over some of his decisions.

Shit = disgraceful abuse, and OUTRIGHT LYING about what he was doing. And at times, peddling FALSE GOSSIP in as malicious a way as possible (I still remember the whole "Rafa is Hick's stooge" bollocks with a wry smile!)

Those who did this DISGRACED themselves. And by continuing to be allowed to associate with Liverpool, they have by association DISGRACED the rest of the Liverpool support.

The fact that you and your lot still give the man shit AFTER he's gone shows just how irrational and deep-seated your hatred is for the man.

The fact that I can still get fucking angry 6 months after he's left, by reading your shit - shows that the presence of DISGRACE'S like you still pisses me off to the nth degree.

Well, get this. You, Hermes, Tom and the rest of you fucking backstabbers. Once a backstabber, always a backstabber. So please shut the fuck up with your proclamations of support for Kenny. Because we all know where that will lead, with your track record.

So to directly answer your quote above. There will be no more of this shit once backstabbing liars are distanced from the majority of the support, cause who will give a shit what you say then.

nurse! the medication's worn off!

An interesting problem is a yorkshire pud. They deserve to be there, I don't dispute that, but taste for them varies and they take up so much space... Sure, you can plop the fucker down on top of other components when serving, but sooner or later you're going to want to get at whats underneath and its not like you're going to eat a whole great big buggering pudding before getting a single taste of tatties, meat, or anything else.

Imperfect, but one solution is to provide each diner with a side-plate whereto the yorkshire can be removed at commencement and the vacated territory be filled up with seconds of roasties, mash, carrots, etc., according to each man's preference.

If you're going to make your own Yorkshire puds then by all means they can have pride of place.

But if you're just getting Aunt Bess shite then the roasties should be made to form a defensive perimeter with an artillery of veg just in case they mount a surprise attack.

Guest ShoePiss
If you're going to make your own Yorkshire puds then by all means they can have pride of place.

But if you're just getting Aunt Bess shite then the roasties should be made to form a defensive perimeter with an artillery of veg just in case they mount a surprise attack.

Money, as long as they're small. I think the diameter of the yorkshire pudding should be no greater than that of a cricket ball.

Thing is if it was a straight up choice between extra roasties or a yorkshire pudding I'd take the roasties every time.

Guest ShoePiss
Fantastic to see the thread has become as insane as rafas interviews.

This is a full english to me.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRteQamCDjL2daS1bbUlfcgzmHuomN8xbLZYQ-D1nlpGD2rcdq&t=1

No surprise that a southerner thinks the full english doesn't include black pudding. Philistine.

I've just read his comments from the interview about Torres and also about wanting the job back and I just wish he would shut up. Kenny wanted the job for years, even when Benitez was in charge but he'd never say so publicly and disrespect the current manager. That's the Liverpool Way. Coming out and saying things like this is not. We've had a few years of politics and internal wars which only encourage negative press but that is long gone.

Having Kenny in charge is a breath of fresh air because he has created togetherness on and off the field. He's respectful, classy and he knows what to say and when to say it. Pretty much the opposite to Benitez in my opinion.

This job is Kenny's, Rafa, so please keep quiet and go away!

Got to admit I felt the same when I read the headlines, thinking 'Kenny wouldn't have done that.'

But when you watch it, rather than read selected quotes (and headlines!) from it, it's nowhere near as bad as you'd think.

He certainly doesn't say "I could have got 70 milllion for Torres" either. He was responding to a point about his worth.

I hope if he can really learn from his mistakes he can maybe come back one day because I believe he really does get the club. But right now there is no better manager in the world for Liverpool than the one we have.

Oh, and big respect to RR for use of the word "coquettish" earlier.

No surprise that a southerner thinks the full english doesn't include black pudding. Philistine.

FUUUUUCCCCKKKK.

Didn't notice there was a lack of pigs blood on there. It's a generic pic off the net and I missed someMAJOR details and I appologise.

Kill me now.

And I'm not from the middle east either!