You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Had a lovely walk in the rain this morning, dog got soaked and then came back and had a bath. Hot shower and a couple of mugs of tea for me. Lovely.

Really? Really? I'm not bragging, its just hard to imagine rain when its as beautiful as it is here again this morning.....sat here like a cat in the sunshine

Guest Pistonbroke
Had a lovely walk in the rain this morning, dog got soaked and then came back and had a bath. Hot shower and a couple of mugs of tea for me. Lovely.

Just gave our dog Jessie a bath/shower...love the way once you have dried her she runs through the house from room to room having a mad 5 minutes, cute and funny as fuck.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pistonbroke

Another sunny day over here (4th on the bounce) and supposed to get up to 25°C. Only drawback to an Indian summer is that the wasps are out and about again and they are fucking huge! Also ladybirds everywhere.

Guest Pistonbroke
Not great here today. Rubbish being home after a fab week in the Lakes where the weather was really good to us

England you see. Bit like looking at the weather forecast on the BBC and listening to the weather bird with nice tits and a great arse purring about the great sunny warm weather, and then she says, "this forecast is for the UK apart from viewers in Scotland, you get the shit weather!"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I swear I'm going to lose the roof from my workshop soon if this does not let up, it's creaking and clonking like a bastard and I can hardly hear Radio 4 over the noise.

It's not been raining that heavily lately here, but with the ground being waterlogged it's not taking much for places to flood again.

Yesterday, the river was up to within about 20 ft of the bottom barn at my place, and at a mates farm yesterday he'd put a load of gravel down on the track that leads to his place and all that has washed away.

I swear I'm going to lose the roof from my workshop soon if this does not let up, it's creaking and clonking like a bastard and I can hardly hear Radio 4 over the noise.

It's not been raining that heavily lately here, but with the ground being waterlogged it's not taking much for places to flood again.

Yesterday, the river was up to within about 20 ft of the bottom barn at my place, and at a mates farm yesterday he'd put a load of gravel down on the track that leads to his place and all that has washed away.

You really seem to have taken a hammering in your neck of the woods over the past few months?

And its not often that our weather is no worse than anyone else's. Drives us nuts when London and the SE is basking in sunshine and its all over the news about how 'we're all enjoying this great weather' and meanwhile we're putting on another pot of soup!

Was watching a bit of News 24 earlier. The newsreader - Nicholas Owen - was going through the morning papers and showed an article about a 90 year old woman who was rescued after being stuck at home for 4 days, running out of food. He mentioned her "strapping rescuers". On the same page was a picture of two people walking underneath an upturned umbrella. Owen said the picture was taken in Brighton where the wind was very bad. He then said something like,"I was in Brighton yesterday evening and I was blown away, let me tell you!" Is he coming out on national television or something?