You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Quaresma still playing? I remember those wonderful days of people like Rashid insisting we sign him, Joaquin and Riquelme (or whoever else was fashionable at the time). I guess they all turned out to be lightweights and under-achievers.

Wrong.

He fell out with the manager at barca as he actually sometimnes used him at left back and was swapped in the deal with Deco from Porto, he left because he wanted to, not the other way around.

He was signed by Inter together with mancini and then Mourinho found out he should just scrap playing wingers, not really Quaresmas fault either.

He got a loan at Chelsea and played really well in his first few games, then Scolari got sacked and Hiddink wanted to use the players who was actual Chelsea players, many a loan players fall and they did not really have a reason to change the set up later, again not Quaresmas fault.

So for the two clubs who have actually used him and given him a chance in his best position he has been a tremendous success, what is that telling you?

Haha, fair play to you. Gotta admire the partisan nature of this post.

Defend Konchesky to the hilt?

I certainly did not, the post quoted above was made before he played his first game for us, the England comment was made because of the club he would join and the fact most English left backs are fuckin shite.

If yoy try to insinuate I defended Konchesky because he was a Hodgson signing you need to look a bit deeper, I was against Hodgson from the first day he was linked to us as I knew he would be shite, that he would end up being a disaster was not expected though.

I rate players from their performances for us, nothing else and the truth is Konchesky got way over the top more shite than his performances compared to others at the same time deserved.

There's a very good reason Kenny bombed him out at the first opportunity, despite not having a (fit) established left back at the club.

I've seen interviews with Quaresma which make it clear he has no idea and I mean zilch about what it takes to win games. Having to win is an inconvenience that imposes on his pathological need to do whatever it takes to luxuriate in his own brilliance.

It came as no surprise that after a short while working with a guy that understands only winning, Mourinho, he was reduced, literally, to tears on a daily basis.

Outta interest, why?

I rate Maxi for his footballing brain; he's a proper player. Despite our lack of decent wingers, we play the flanks quite well. A Quaresma divested of self-importance and instilled in the ways of Kenny could provide the.kind of crosses Carroll would feast off of.

Looking back on my comments, there's a fuckload of caveats I grant you. And we've signed too many similar "what if" players to know better. For £25m he can Fuck off. But for half that he could be a decent punt. Ifs and buts I guess...

I rate Maxi for his footballing brain; he's a proper player. Despite our lack of decent wingers, we play the flanks quite well. A Quaresma divested of self-importance and instilled in the ways of Kenny could provide the.kind of crosses Carroll would feast off of.

Looking back on my comments, there's a fuckload of caveats I grant you. And we've signed too many similar "what if" players to know better. For £25m he can Fuck off. But for half that he could be a decent punt. Ifs and buts I guess...

Fair points. I think, depsite not highly rating them, the likes of Young and Lennon could add similar options for us but with a lot less shite surrounding them.

Is Quaresma still playing? I remember those wonderful days of people like Rashid insisting we sign him, Joaquin and Riquelme (or whoever else was fashionable at the time). I guess they all turned out to be lightweights and under-achievers.

Riquelme was fucking class mate! Unbelievable on his day, he had a 3 or 4 year period between 2005 to 08/09 where he was unstoppable from midfield scoring left and right foot screamers.

On to Quaresma he's obviously got talent just seriously lacks the mentality to succeed..I would think the Barca, Inter and Chelsea scouts know more than anyone on here about his talents or top teams wouldn't keep buying him. He's a potential bargain for someone if they can get the best out of him.

Sometimes you don't need to sign the best players for a team to succeed..just the right player at the right time, Quaresma is very good at crossing so maybe he'd work for us with Carroll.

Guest TK-421
On to Quaresma he's obviously got talent just seriously lacks the mentality to succeed..I would think the Barca, Inter and Chelsea scouts know more than anyone on here about his talents or top teams wouldn't keep buying him. He's a potential bargain for someone if they can get the best out of him.

A potential bargain for £25m? That type of potential bargain?

I assumed this had been bumped for comedy effect. £25m for a 27 year old showpony isn't the kind of deal I was expecting us to be pursuing - it's not like he's pulling up any trees at the moment either, he's having a decent season in fucking Turkey and that's it.

A potential bargain for £25m? That type of potential bargain?

I don't honestly think anyone will buy him for £25m that's just the media chatting shit (as usual). How much did Beskitas buy him for out of interest?

For round about £10m he COULD be a bargain for anyone, that's what I meant, on the other hand he could be a big flop, he's very hit or miss!!

Like I said I'm not sure how much they bought him for but if they could manage to sell him to someone for £25m then they have had a bargain. Bought him for X amount had a good season out of him and made a massive profit.

Guest TK-421
I don't honestly think anyone will buy him for £25m that's just the media chatting shit (as usual). How much did Beskitas buy him for out of interest?

For round about £10m he COULD be a bargain for anyone, that's what I meant, on the other hand he could be a big flop, he's very hit or miss!!

Like I said I'm not sure how much they bought him for but if they could manage to sell him to someone for £25m then they have had a bargain. Bought him for X amount had a good season out of him and made a massive profit.

I think they got him for 7.5 or something. So they would want at least twice that on the back of a "successful" season. I think any price would be a risk, but see your point.

I think they got him for 7.5 or something. So they would want at least twice that on the back of a "successful" season. I think any price would be a risk, but see your point.

Yea 7.5 is prob about right for him and yea they are bound to want to at least double there money on him.