You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dont mistake my post for saying Insua was world class. Far from it. But Codes trying to pretend Konchesy was world class compared to him. Bull fucking shit. Konchesky was shit. Code slaughtered Insua not because he was poor but because a certain someone signed him, yet he tried to defend Konchesky to the hilt??? Come on??? What was the motivation there???

It wasn't the fans fault Konchesky was shit. Its a cunt trick to suggest it was.

Its not hard to see that.

Defend Konchesky to the hilt?

I certainly did not, the post quoted above was made before he played his first game for us, the England comment was made because of the club he would join and the fact most English left backs are fuckin shite.

If yoy try to insinuate I defended Konchesky because he was a Hodgson signing you need to look a bit deeper, I was against Hodgson from the first day he was linked to us as I knew he would be shite, that he would end up being a disaster was not expected though.

I rate players from their performances for us, nothing else and the truth is Konchesky got way over the top more shite than his performances compared to others at the same time deserved.

Defend Konchesky to the hilt?

I certainly did not, the post quoted above was made before he played his first game for us, the England comment was made because of the club he would join and the fact most English left backs are fuckin shite.

If yoy try to insinuate I defended Konchesky because he was a Hodgson signing you need to look a bit deeper, I was against Hodgson from the first day he was linked to us as I knew he would be shite, that he would end up being a disaster was not expected though.

I rate players from their performances for us, nothing else and the truth is Konchesky got way over the top more shite than his performances compared to others at the same time deserved.

I said defended to the hilt because I do remember you posting the whole "the fans are giving him too much stick" on more than one occasion.

Which is pure utter bollox. The fans giving him stick was not the reason he was shit. He was shit from day one. The fans didn't turn until it was very obvious he was terribly out of depth.

In my opinion you only said that because you along with a few others saw Insua as a huge weak link caused by Rafa(which was true) and that Konchesky signed by Roy shouldn't ever be considered worse purely on some warped point of principle.

Anyway I've mentioned his fucking name now which I didn't want to do. I deliberately avoid Benitez debates because they all end up the same retarded way. My point is Code, just because Insua was shit(which was Rafas fault) doesn't mean Konchesky can't be shit. On top of that at least Insua contributed attacking wise to a decent degree. Konchesky contributed nothing apart from being equally as poor as Insua.

Edit: And in fairness I remember you having a go at Roy on more than one occasion. Its not so much that you loved Roy, more that you let your hate for the above mentioned cloud your judgement on certain issues. Your not alone in that though.

I don't think either Insua or Konchesky were as bad as some fatalist drama queens were making out. Neither of them were "good" mind. There was a cigarette paper between them in quality, and they could both filed under "alright". The fact that they were at opposing ends of their careers would have me plump for the plump one if push came to shove.

However, NW's and LF's allusion to subtext continuing to permeate certain posters' opinions is obvious even to the untrained eye.

It's the buttock-clench that just keeps on clenching.

I'm not sure what subtext you were getting from my posts mate.

Code was talking shite about Quaresma and was pulled on it (the guy never played for us thank fuck so I fail to see how this is related to a certain former manager). He then tried coming out with some shit about being superior to anyone else on the ff and was told to stay the fuck on the mf then.

I'm sick to the back teeth of his constant drivel and repeating of shite in thread after thread where it isn't relevant to proportions that saw Rash ostracised and eventually banned for the exact same thing.

I won't 'allude' to anything, if someone is talking shit I'll tell them, not make snide comments mate.

Ouch - apologies, LF. I read NW's two posts and scrolled down too far.

Sorry.

NW alludes to the subtext.

(Still buttock-clenching in its stubbornness, though, isn't it?)

Code has posted on this forum for several years now so it should be pretty obvious that he brought in the Insua comparison to prove that, yet again, he was correct. He has just done the very same thing with Hodgson above, where he knew from our first link with him that he wouldnt work out. When he has no platform to argue, such as his Voronin tips from several years back, he just ignores it and carries on acting the Sage.

I'm not sure what subtext you were getting from my posts mate.

Code was talking shite about Quaresma and was pulled on it (the guy never played for us thank fuck so I fail to see how this is related to a certain former manager). He then tried coming out with some shit about being superior to anyone else on the ff and was told to stay the fuck on the mf then.

I'm sick to the back teeth of his constant drivel and repeating of shite in thread after thread where it isn't relevant to proportions that saw Rash ostracised and eventually banned for the exact same thing.

I won't 'allude' to anything, if someone is talking shit I'll tell them, not make snide comments mate.

On the FF?

You see thats what you got wrong.

Either way it was a light hearted comment, but some people looks for something everywhere.

Lucas has been our best player this season, Code. You clearly don't rate players just on their performances if you think we've had 5 players who've been beter than Lucas.

He really has not, I also rate them from the standard I think a player in certain positions should play at.

Unlike others I dont get impressed just because a serial underachiever now has reached a decent level.

He really has not, I also rate them from the standard I think a player in certain positions should play at.

Unlike others I dont get impressed just because a serial underachiever now has reached a decent level.

I'M WIT U ON DIS 1, C72!!!!1 KEEP ROCKIN DA BOAT!

ricardo-andrade-quaresma-bernardo_71026.jpg

ricardo-quaresma-BJK.jpg

ricardo-quaresma-sexy-player-ricardo-quaresma-1127359_1247_896.jpg

QUARESMA_R_20080615_GH_T.jpg

ricardo-quaresma-4.jpg

medya.jpg

Guest ian garro

On a thread about Quaresma ? Really ? A man who has failed at every major club he's ever played at ?

Dalglish on Alert After £25m Target Snubs New Contract

Posted on 4 May 2011

Picture 480

Liverpool are set to test the resolve of Turkish club Beşiktaş when they step up their pursuit of attacking midfielder Ricardo Quaresma, has alerted the Merseyside club once again after turning down a new contract at his current club

Publication Turkey Football has revealed the Portuguese stalled on contract negotiations recently, after refusing to agree a fresh deal with the Süper Lig side last month.

The Portuguese international has been in superb form for Beşiktaş J.K. scoring 12 goals and contributing 16 assists in his 30 league appearances.

The Turkish club are at the top of their league, and their position at the summit of the Süper Lig was a factor that helped convince Quaresmanot to leave in January and instead stay and help fire them to the title.

Despite agreeing to stay with Besiktas until the end of the season, the goal-scoring midfielder now appears keen to move in the summer and test himself in another league.

Reports in Turkey suggest that the club have agreed to let the player leave at the end of the season with Liverpool one of a number of clubs interested in signing the talented midfielder.

Liverpool showed their intent in January when they broke their tranfer record to seal a £35million deal for Andy Carroll, as well as securing the services of Uruguay forward Luis Suarez.

However, should Liverpool want to sign Quaresma they may face competition from Newcastle who have plenty of money to spend after the sale of Carroll to Merseyside.

Newcastle are desperate to add some attacking options to their side and have identified Quaresma as a possible summer target.

The Premier League duo will have to pay in the region of £25m to convince Besiktas to part with one of their star players, however in the current climate of spending this could prove to be a good deal for a player who is still just 27-years-old.

Liverpool may also look at luring another Besiktas player to Anfield with midfielder Simão Sabrosa attracting interest from a number of Europe's big hitters.

The wing wizard has been linked with a number of Premier League clubs and could well follow Quaresma out the door in the summer.

I gotta disagree with that. It has NOTHING to do with who signed them either. Insua was horribly shit. I've never seen a leftback give away the middle of the park, as an option, so often. Wingers ran past him like he wasn't fucking there. A training cone would, at least, be understandable when players went past it.

He, also, wasn't very good when he got them to go around the outside, because often... they'd run past him that way and then cut inside... like he wasn't there too!

Insua was REALLY bad and he got torn apart consistently.

agree with that, really we are comparing turds here.

Guest TK-421

The only thing Quaresma is good for is inspiring Quaresma tags.

Many practical scientific experiments have been conducted, called "football matches", which have inexorably proven that Quaresma is crap.

Guest ian garro
Dalglish on Alert After £25m Target Snubs New Contract

Posted on 4 May 2011

Picture 480

Liverpool are set to test the resolve of Turkish club Beşiktaş when they step up their pursuit of attacking midfielder Ricardo Quaresma, has alerted the Merseyside club once again after turning down a new contract at his current club

Publication Turkey Football has revealed the Portuguese stalled on contract negotiations recently, after refusing to agree a fresh deal with the Süper Lig side last month.

The Portuguese international has been in superb form for Beşiktaş J.K. scoring 12 goals and contributing 16 assists in his 30 league appearances.

The Turkish club are at the top of their league, and their position at the summit of the Süper Lig was a factor that helped convince Quaresmanot to leave in January and instead stay and help fire them to the title.

Despite agreeing to stay with Besiktas until the end of the season, the goal-scoring midfielder now appears keen to move in the summer and test himself in another league.

Reports in Turkey suggest that the club have agreed to let the player leave at the end of the season with Liverpool one of a number of clubs interested in signing the talented midfielder.

Liverpool showed their intent in January when they broke their tranfer record to seal a £35million deal for Andy Carroll, as well as securing the services of Uruguay forward Luis Suarez.

However, should Liverpool want to sign Quaresma they may face competition from Newcastle who have plenty of money to spend after the sale of Carroll to Merseyside.

Newcastle are desperate to add some attacking options to their side and have identified Quaresma as a possible summer target.

The Premier League duo will have to pay in the region of £25m to convince Besiktas to part with one of their star players, however in the current climate of spending this could prove to be a good deal for a player who is still just 27-years-old.

Liverpool may also look at luring another Besiktas player to Anfield with midfielder Simão Sabrosa attracting interest from a number of Europe's big hitters.

The wing wizard has been linked with a number of Premier League clubs and could well follow Quaresma out the door in the summer.

He is absolutely made for Newcastle. High on tricks, low on workrate and end-product. What's known in Liverpool as "a fanny".

Can't believe we're discussing this no-mark again - in 2011.

£25M for him, dont make me laugh. I might take him if Besiktas offered us £25M and the player but I think he is more suited to serial chokers like Arsenal where his true lack of balls would be a perfect fit or maybe Bayer Neverkusen.

Barcelona, Inter and Chelsea have all had him on their books and have all fucked him off as being useless. He's a smaller and amazingly shitter Zlatan.

Failed how?

You have to be on a wind up!

I fail to believe that anybody can be that myopic that they would deny this organge, fur coat and no nickers gobshite is a failure, whilst maintaining that Lucas has not been our best player as their standards are clearly much higher!

Alternatively you may just be incredibly stupid!

What I've highlighted in your post is basically what pisses me off. Obviously for alot of people its debatable who was better Insua/Konchesky...

But theres an undercurrent of constant bullshit that is continuously streamed and its got fuck all to with real properly formed opinion but rather more to do with continuing a fucking ridiculous agenda which is based on pure unadulterated bollox.

Its the same thing with Aquilani, I won't for 1 second stand up and say he was a great signing, it'd be nuts to suggest otherwise. But on a regular basis we have the same people coming on and saying

"Fuck him off, give him to Juve for anything, take what we can"

Its just so transparent its beyond stupid.

I've got no time for Benitez. I thought Konchesky was and is better than Insua. But then I liked Aquilani on the rare occasions we saw him fit and getting proper game time. These three things are not related. All managers at this level make good signings and bad signings. Just because someone disagrees with your opinion on a player doesn't mean their opinion is driven by agenda. If you believe it does, then we have to assume that yours is too.

We may have to bring Aquilani back anyway, so he may get an opportunity to show us how good he is when he's properly fit.

Liverpool Linked With Portuguese Trickster

by John Lutz on Thu, May 5, 2011 at 4:37PM Comments 25

Do you like this story?

Though the task of qualifying for Europe is still at hand, the summer is fast approaching. With that come countless transfer rumors, the latest of which have Liverpool linked with Wing magician Ricardo Quaresma.

Quaresma, 27, is being eyed by Liverpool, according to the Daily Mail. The Besiktas midfielder, according to the report, was watched by Reds assistant Sammy Lee last weekend.

The Portugese star figures to cost up to £25 million ($44.75 million), but Liverpool "leads the race" to land him this summer, according to GiveMeFootball.com.

Liverpool is also reportedly keeping an eye on Dutch forward sensation Tim Vincken, who currently plays as a right-winger for SBV Excelsior.

He does appear to be a bit (more than a bit) of a nonce, but he does seem to have done well this year. I don't understand the strength of feeling for him on here, unless that's the legacy Rashid factor. What is clear is that we need to find players who are comfortable on the ball high up the pitch, have pace and can deliver crosses from the touchline. Either that, or turn Andy Carroll into a rounded attacking player. Easier to do the former I think.