You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arthur - amazing or shit?

Jose Jones

Amazing or shit?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What's it to be?

• Amazing
    • Shit

He was being touted as 'the new Iniesta' a few years ago when he first joined Barcelona.

He's not going to be any good though. If he was he wouldn't have still been at Juventus on transfer deadline day even though they'd made it clear they didn't want him.

It's just an incredibly embarrassing transfer all round.

9 hours ago, an tha said:

I am of the view we may as well give him a chance now.

Hendo and Fabinho have both fallen so far they are shells of players - Thiago is injured again - Keita showed yet again on Saturday when given a chance that he is just not up to the job and got hooked after 45 mins, frankly would anyone give two shites if he never played for us again now? - Oxlade is just posting on Instagram until his contract runs out - Jones seemingly isn't trusted - Milner is 37 and can only play limited games really -Bajcetic's minutes need to be managed  -  Elliott? Well should he be played in midfield at all?

I say given the above mess that we may as well give this Arthur lad a go - can he be any worse than the clusterfuck of options we have been trying to get to form and failing miserably something resembling a midfield all season?

He is an experienced player who has been at some pretty handy clubs - surely he could be some use to us before he goes back to Juventus - let's face it the other options are hardly inspiring are they, and he might just be motivated to show he isn't a joke...

If he turns out to be shite then so be it, I doubt he will make the black hole we call our midfield any worse than it already is, and he might just possibly make it a bit better. I think I would rather see him have a go than watch Keita be invisible yet again or Hendo do his slow motion replay impression or Fabinho put in his latest claim for slowest moving object at Anfield since the crane that lifted the last truss onto the new stand.

A free hit for us and him I think, give the lad a go....

I mean if we are paying for him and he is fit, he should definitely be getting some game time, that i agree with.

• Upvote 1

To be fair he paid for his own trainer when he first got here, and our u-21's guy said he was great with the kids on Saturday and was desperate to give the full 90 minutes, so his attitude is already better than 90% of the squad. I'd rather see his name on the teamsheet than Keita.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

To be fair he paid for his own trainer when he first got here, and our u-21's guy said he was great with the kids on Saturday and was desperate to give the full 90 minutes, so his attitude is already better than 90% of the squad. I'd rather see his name on the teamsheet than Keita.

This immediately makes him my favourite midfielder.

• Haha 2

On 27/02/2023 at 12:16, sir roger said:

eyebrow.gif

42 minutes ago, Dave D said:

This is all getting a bit Jean-Michel Ferri for me circa 1998

I was convinced if he could just get a few games he would be massive for us.

His 47 minute Liverpool Career didnt hit the heights I had pictured   

He was signed by Houllier as a dressing room snitch, not for his limited footballing ability. 

Apparently.... 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sir roger said:

One step down from Rafa having that hard case at Valencia who used to batter guys in the shower if they upset him.

Yeah I heard Roy Evans used to get Sean Dundee to make nuisance phone calls to anyone who chatted bubbles about the manager.

• 1 month later...