You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arthur - amazing or shit?

Jose Jones

Amazing or shit?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What's it to be?

• Amazing
    • Shit

I guess we have insurance for this, hopefully won't cost us much and he will be going back now or in January.

We didn't sign him, he was never supposed to be a solution for anything just a hopeful stopgap in case of a prolonged midfield injury crisis.

It didn't look like a smart move, it turned out to not have been. We have bigger problems.  

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Tough for the player himself, but if it leads to us buying a proper midfielder in January, then it might not be the worst development. Surely we have to now?

Why do you think it would make a difference? Jones is coming back, that'll be enough for them. The only way they'd do anything I think is if fab, thiago or Henderson got a season ending injury. Or if like with Diaz, someone pushes into a deal we have lined up for next summer. 

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Why do you think it would make a difference? Jones is coming back, that'll be enough for them. The only way they'd do anything I think is if fab, thiago or Henderson got a season ending injury. Or if like with Diaz, someone pushes into a deal we have lined up for next summer. 

Yeah, was thinking more a Diaz type thing, summer coming early. You’d assume we’ve a few midfielders identified who aren’t Bellingham. 

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

I guess we have insurance for this, hopefully won't cost us much and he will be going back now or in January.

We didn't sign him, he was never supposed to be a solution for anything just a hopeful stopgap in case of a prolonged midfield injury crisis.

It didn't look like a smart move, it turned out to not have been. We have bigger problems.  

Carragher liked a tweet saying Arthur will cost the club £8mil in fee and wages. 

Pure stupidity 

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Carragher liked a tweet saying Arthur will cost the club £8mil in fee and wages. 

Pure stupidity 

That sounds a bit much for an unfit player struggling to make the squad at Juventus. That is like 30 mil in fee and 50 mil in wages over the five years. Was he on 200k a week at Juve?

21 hours ago, SasaS said:

That sounds a bit much for an unfit player struggling to make the squad at Juventus. That is like 30 mil in fee and 50 mil in wages over the five years. Was he on 200k a week at Juve?

Juve released a statement saying the deal was worth 4m or something. There was an assumption in the media that that was a loan fee and we'd pay wages on top. I'm not so sure myself. Can't see us paying that for a player they weren't using. 

On 10/10/2022 at 14:00, Barrington Womble said:

Juve released a statement saying the deal was worth 4m or something. There was an assumption in the media that that was a loan fee and we'd pay wages on top. I'm not so sure myself. Can't see us paying that for a player they weren't using. 

Yeah, I don't know, we might be tight but we are not stupid, at least that was mostly the approach over the past few years. They may inflated it for the media or it included his wages. 

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Looks like he's back in full training. Are we going to find out whether he's any good? 

He couldn't possibly not be an improvement on what we've seen in our midfield, could he?

Just watch him not be.

I don't think he will get much of a sniff anyway - he's been left out of the european cup squad, if Klopp fancied him I don't think he'd have done that.