You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

I don’t understand why you got so riled up. The purpose of this thread I thought was to highlight the things that have gotten to shit in the world of football compared to ‘the good old days’ i.e. when Stringy was in his 40s. I think modern football in general is great btw... I enjoy having football on almost every night on some weeks. The article you posted while somewhat concerning isn’t particularly unique to *modern* football, I wouldn’t have thought.

I don’t understand why you got so riled up. The purpose of this thread I thought was to highlight the things that have gotten to shit in the world of football compared to ‘the good old days’ i.e. when Stringy was in his 40s. I think modern football in general is great btw... I enjoy having football on almost every night on some weeks. The article you posted while somewhat concerning isn’t particularly unique to *modern* football, I wouldn’t have thought.

Im not surprised you do not understand. You have not a clue. Go back and re read especially your statement so it did not happen ages ago?. That sums up why you do not understand. Anyway I am not bothering engaging you further.

Im not surprised you do not understand. You have not a clue. Go back and re read especially your statement so it did not happen ages ago?. That sums up why you do not understand. Anyway I am not bothering engaging you further.

Lol. Okay mate.

Initiating contact to get an opponent in trouble has been taken to new depths by Valencia's Simone Zaza against Sevilla at the weekend. He was chasing after an opponent and ducking his head, hoping for the opponent's arm to make contact as they were running. There was barely any contact but Zaza went down clutching his head as though he'd been elbowed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdRybxdB7OE

Football fans quoting bullshit media stories as 'fact.'

Man City fan in the pub earlier - "Have you heard about Mo Salah?"

- "No, what?" Expecting an injury scare or something

- "Barcelona, PSG, Real Madrid and Man City all want him"

- "Right, that's not about Mo Salah though is it? It's about the media making up sensationalist bullshit and stirring up shit to sell copy and clicks"

- "Well yeah I suppose so. Anyway, Klopp's after that Burnley keeper isn't he"

- "I don't know, has he said that?"

- "Yeah he's said he wants to sign him"

- "Well I doubt he has actually said that. It's more media speculation isn't it?"

- "Well apparently he's said it. That's what it says in the papers anyway"

- "... "

I should point out that this bloke is in his 50's, is pretty intelligent and has a very good job. The massive whiff.

• Upvote 1

Probably not just modern shitness but any time a club is trying to sign a decent player only to be slagged by fans of other clubs ‘what would he want to go there for / why are they even bothering trying signing him etc.

Maybe it’s because the club is trying to actually improve the team and showing a bit of ambition. Absolutely grinds my gears, mocked if shite and buying shite players, mocked if trying to sign someone good.

As bad is the press trying to sell your top players, see the manufacturing of the papers about Salah going. Then when they do go the same pricks moan about top players being taken away. Gang of strapons

The BBC gossip column confirms that the source is that shitty rag.

They would love to see another top top top player plying his trade in Spain instead of the PL. Wonder what they would debate if Kane was in such form.

If Kane wasn't English they would. Basically all overseas players are to various degrees mercenaries like it or not . All of the them that do well in the PL are constantly subject to speculation as to their next move whether its De Gea, Hazard and now Salah, 

I think we will get at least one more season from him. 

If Kane wasn't English they would. Basically all overseas players are to various degrees mercenaries like it or not . All of the them that do well in the PL are constantly subject to speculation as to their next move whether its De Gea, Hazard and now Salah,

I'm much more confident with Klopp that he'll keep Salah as long as Mo wants to be here.

Fucking sky...

Top subject on 'The Debate' tonight.

Mo Salah - Can Liverpool keep him?

And so it begins .....

We tried to fuck them up with the Coutinho talk going on for months til Klopp and the club got rid .

But that hasn't worked as well as we would have liked so now we'll try it with Mo .

I've no qualms about one day Salah maybe wanting to got to say Real but fuck me he's only just come here at least leave this sort of shit out for a couple of seasons .

No doubt they'll wait till the City press conference with Klopp for bring this up with him for maximum effect

Exactly the same as the British ones!

I went to Rainhill High. Ive heard before that the club nows send their young lads from out of town there. Hope its not true

They've been going there for some years now mate. They stay in digs there. A kid I know who lives just off the Rainhill roundabout has had a load of lads stay with him over the years. They get a good few quid off the club. He's a complete door hinge so jumped straight on it.

- "Right, that's not about Mo Salah though is it? It's about the media making up sensationalist bullshit and stirring up shit to sell copy and clicks"

- "Well yeah I suppose so. Anyway, Klopp's after that Burnley keeper isn't he"

- "I don't know, has he said that?"

- "Yeah he's said he wants to sign him"

- "Well I doubt he has actually said that. It's more media speculation isn't it?"

- "Well apparently he's said it. That's what it says in the papers anyway"

- "... "

I should point out that this bloke is in his 50's, is pretty intelligent and has a very good job. The massive whiff.

Gets right on my tits all that. Must admit though, I brought many a hearty laugh listening to the Blueshite before the season started. Comedy gold. I travel to work with 3 blues, if only I could have recorded some of their conversations. Brilliant

• 2 weeks later...

There's a group of Bayern fans in the lower tier all wearing white ponchos, and they've been seated to make out to the logo of the club's main sponsor Deutsche Telekom, so it's visible whenever the ball near the penalty area on that side.

There's a group of Bayern fans in the lower tier all wearing white ponchos, and they've been seated to make out to the logo of the club's main sponsor Deutsche Telekom, so it's visible whenever the ball near the penalty area on that side.

Like that for every Bundesliga game. Not sure if they are allowed to do it for Champions League games though.