You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

Although I can see why this would be seen as a shitness thing, I can also see why it would have huge benefits. So many people in close proximity would mean network coverage would probably be quite poor so suddenly easy access. In the event of urgent contact perhaps a bit easier too with stronger internet access. But the whole 'getting the latest news' while watching a live football match screams of ADHD to me. Therefore this part belongs 100% in the Shitness of Modern Football 101 Box.

Don't forget 'sharing images on social media'....

Cue whoppers filming us getting a corner and posting it on facebook - personally i hate it seeing it.

Same as standing filming YNWA instead of singing it.

No wonder the atmosphere is often so bad, too many people filming it/taking pics of it instead of creating it.

• Upvote 1

Cue whoppers filming us getting a corner and posting it on facebook - personally i hate it seeing it.

No wonder the atmosphere is often so bad, too many people filming it/taking pics of it instead of creating it.

This unfortunately is the modern world. Not there for the experience but to show they were there.

To be honest though, that's why Liverpool beat Man City in the Champion's League IMO. Fans at Anfield were there to be part of the experience and they rocked it out. At Man City it was a photo-fest.

Although I can see why this would be seen as a shitness thing, I can also see why it would have huge benefits. So many people in close proximity would mean network coverage would probably be quite poor so suddenly easy access. In the event of urgent contact perhaps a bit easier too with stronger internet access. But the whole 'getting the latest news' while watching a live football match screams of ADHD to me. Therefore this part belongs 100% in the Shitness of Modern Football 101 Box.

It pisses me off not being able to check other scores at half time, or get WhatsApp messages etc. I’m not doing it during the game, but at half time why not? It’s not like I’m able to go to the match with my mates anymore!

This:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/303686-lfc-keeps-fans-up-to-speed-with-4g-at-anfield

Especially this part:

"Supporters will be able to keep up to date with the latest news, sporting results and share images of their time at Anfield whilst attending the game.

LFC is hoping the changes will ensure that fans can enjoy an immersive experience at Anfield with high-speed connectivity – sharing images on social media and keeping in touch with friends."

Obviously a result of those surveys they send out from time to time after been the game and all the whoppers and tourists have complained they can't send their videos to facebook/whatsapp their mates their pics and videos etc whilst game is on.

The main reason clubs (ours included) want to improve network coverage so they can provide a ‘fully’ interactive experience but the main driver is to eventually have people able to buy shit (food, drinks, merchandise) from the club during the match and have it delivered to their seats or at a pick up point after a game.

Believe me, I’ve heard the brief.

Fully expect that to the case over the coming years and I’d expect all clubs will go down that route.

It pisses me off not being able to check other scores at half time, or get WhatsApp messages etc. I’m not doing it during the game, but at half time why not? It’s not like I’m able to go to the match with my mates anymore!

I was shocked how poor coverage was when I was at Anfield in March. Our friends were in a different stand to us and I didn’t get her messages at all, they didn’t come through hours later but not at all!

Luckily we’re old school and had made arrangements where to meet afterwards.

All the filming instead of joining in with the experience is shite though

The main reason clubs (ours included) want to improve network coverage so they can provide a ‘fully’ interactive experience but the main driver is to eventually have people able to buy shit (food, drinks, merchandise) from the club during the match and have it delivered to their seats or at a pick up point after a game.

Fully expect that to the case over the coming years and I’d expect all clubs will go down that route.

Funnily enough i went the screening at Anfield for the final and there was some shite about having food delivered to seat then...

Soon it will be big buckets of popcorn ala those dickheads at spurs the other week, jumbo hot dogs and pizzas all round.

The game is fucked

I look forward to seeing the drones go flying overhead during the matches dropping pies and beers onto peoples laps. Hopefully without injuring them.

That's bonkers.

I was shocked how poor coverage was when I was at Anfield in March. Our friends were in a different stand to us and I didn’t get her messages at all, they didn’t come through hours later but not at all!

Luckily we’re old school and had made arrangements where to meet afterwards.

All the filming instead of joining in with the experience is shite though

It’s simply due to coverage capacity.

You’ve historically had 54,000 people in a small area all with mobile phones, all on multiple networks, all using a handful of open network boosters/repeaters dotted around the stadium.

It’s why it goes down close to kick off in most areas of the ground (and at grounds all over the country)

Once that improves they have another way that they can sell more shit to a certain section of the fanbase.

Funnily enough i went the screening at Anfield for the final and there was some shite about having food delivered to seat then...

Soon it will be big buckets of popcorn ala those dickheads at spurs the other week, jumbo hot dogs and pizzas all round.

The game is fucked

That’s them testing it out then. It’ll be the way most clubs will go.

A fine entry into the Shiteness of Modern Football.

That’s them testing it out then. It’ll be the way most clubs will go.

A fine entry into the Shiteness of Modern Football.

Found it....

"Fans can also order food to selected seats during the match or pre-order food to designated collection points using the Seat Serve app. We recommend that fans download the app in advance from Anfield.SeatServe.com.

Here is the article:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/303108-anfield-champions-league-final-screening

Shitness of modern football. Got to be City and their ex Stockport County following's faux indignation of the coach attack and wanting UEFA to heavily punish LFC while they and UEFA ignore a real attack on supporters in particular Sean Cox who is still in a critical condition.

I am reading there is the possibility the club may suffer the highest sanction of a CL game behind closed doors over this and flares outside the ground. A violent attack however is seemingly brushed under the carpet. Absolutely disgusting.

• Upvote 1

Shitness of modern football. Got to be City and their ex Stockport County following's faux indignation of the coach attack and wanting UEFA to heavily punish LFC while they and UEFA ignore a real attack on supporters in particular Sean Cox who is still in a critical condition.

I am reading there is the possibility the club may suffer the highest sanction of a CL game behind closed doors over this and flares outside the ground. A violent attack however is seemingly brushed under the carpet. Absolutely disgusting.

It's almost like they're still livid that the greatest team in English history* crumbled under the pressure of a couple of cans of Darkfruits being lobbed at the coach, some red smoke and some singing.

*post 1992

It's almost like they're still livid that the greatest team in English history* crumbled under the pressure of a couple of cans of Darkfruits being lobbed at the coach, some red smoke and some singing.

*post 1992

Yes I agree. I also think they are trying to build something similar to Fergusons them and us aura so the football authorities bow to them mansour and his cronies.

and then the gobshites blame it on us owl arses

Found it....

"Fans can also order food to selected seats during the match or pre-order food to designated collection points using the Seat Serve app. We recommend that fans download the app in advance from Anfield.SeatServe.com.

Here is the article:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/303108-anfield-champions-league-final-screening

531a3c5e851f15642c6ec516fa2ce344.jpg

Expect Merch to be added to that in the future, if it goes well when rolled out fully.

Way of keeping business flowing from the club shop when people have left it to head into the ground for kick off.

First they’ll be selling expensive hotdogs and drinks, next it’ll be £60 replica shirts.

I look forward to seeing the drones go flying overhead during the matches dropping pies and beers onto peoples laps. Hopefully without injuring them.

That's bonkers.

Imagine a Scouse pie and a shit lager in a plastic glass being dropped on your head from 20 feet?  Can't wait.

• Upvote 1

531a3c5e851f15642c6ec516fa2ce344.jpg

Expect Merch to be added to that in the future, if it goes well when rolled out fully.

Way of keeping business flowing from the club shop when people have left it to head into the ground for kick off.

First they’ll be selling expensive hotdogs and drinks, next it’ll be £60 replica shirts.

Steven Merchant selling hot dogs at Anfield will cost a fair few quid.

Found it....

Here is the article:

The thing is, this wouldn't happen if people could manage to go two hours without eating junk food. As long as I can remember you've had blerts pissing off to buy something to eat after 43 minutes of the first half. This isn't a modern football issue, it's a modern people issue.

• Upvote 1

The thing is, this wouldn't happen if people could manage to go two hours without eating junk food. As long as I can remember you've had blerts pissing off to buy something to eat after 43 minutes of the first half. This isn't a modern football issue, it's a modern people issue.

You’re missing the bigger picture, it’s more about selling more Merchandise/general shit during a match when the majority of people stay in their seats.

They look to be trialing it with food only first though but it is a modern football shitness issue as it’s not a service aimed at the local fanbase.

Found it....

Here is the article:

If it stops the bastards in the row in front of me getting up 10 minutes before half time to go and get a fucking sausage roll , I am all for it.

• Upvote 1

Aways the victims though aren't we?

So we're not allowed to moan.

Most people who are fucking off at 43 mins are going for a pint. And to be fair, the majority of the last 30 years they've probably needed it.